Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Haunted barracks room in Iraq

Magical Realist Offline
Poltergeist activity accidentally caught by a soldier in his room while stationed in Iraq. The credibility of this witness and video is hard to deny. Here's what he says about it:

Boxerdude19
Published on May 22, 2010

"Sounds off by like 3 seconds...sorry. But anyways, the video wasn't made for youtubes scariest ghost, it was being made for my family back home, I was sending home a blog of myself being in Iraq and telling them I loved and missed them, and when I started talking about how much I missed my girlfriend there was a voice behind me that was hard to make out, but when I turned to see where the voice had come from, my damn locker doors opened with heavy force. It scared the shit out of me, and I have put in a request for a room swap, maybe when my Sergeants see this they will understand..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtBze0y...y7C6uTBnYo
Syne Offline
Why is a run of the mill soldier any more credible than anyone else? Was he trained to identify poltergeists? Is that the new "men who start at goats" military program?

None of this is anything that can't easily be done as a hoax or prank.
Magical Realist Offline
Nope..no evidence of a prank and noone coming forward after all these years claiming credit for it. Pranksters always come forward. He inspects his locker and even looks under his bed. This is the real deal..and totally credible. Compelling evidence for the existence of the paranormal.
Syne Offline
(Dec 31, 2018 08:32 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Nope..no evidence of a prank and noone coming forward after all these years claiming credit for it. Pranksters always come forward. He inspects his locker and even looks under his bed. This is the real deal..and totally credible. Compelling evidence for the existence of the paranormal.

What evidence do you have that "Pranksters always come forward"? How would you know if one didn't?
What evidence of a prank would you expect a short video with no follow up to show?
Again, why is this guy especially credible? Why do you dismiss the possibility of a hoax?

There's likely a reason why the door opening is more violent than it is closing. There's just more leverage in one direction for a string than the other.
But you keep believing in your ghost gods. Maybe if you're fervent enough they've grant wishes, or at least visit you.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:What evidence do you have that "Pranksters always come forward"?

To take credit for the prank. That's why they pull the prank to begin with.

Quote: How would you know if one didn't?
What evidence of a prank would you expect a short video with no follow up to show?

He was on a video of a 2018 documentary last nite vouching for it. If it was a prank he'd know about it by now.

Quote:Again, why is this guy especially credible? Why do you dismiss the possibility of a hoax?

No motivation to hoax. He even mentioned in the 2018 documentary that he was a huge skeptic about such things. He's just an honest soldier blogging his family on his computer.

Quote:There's likely a reason why the door opening is more violent than it is closing. There's just more leverage in one direction for a string than the other.

No..there's no string and noone in the room to pull it. And the door moves both ways, refuting the string theory. The amount of force on that door, which had to have had it's latch unlatched, is beyond anything a hoax or prank could pull. It's the real deal.

You'll notice at a certain point in the video the soldier looks at something and suddenly flees his room in terror. He said he saw the silouette of a shadow figure and that's what scared him. This is basic paranormal activity 101.

Quote:But you keep believing in your ghost gods. Maybe if you're fervent enough they've grant wishes, or at least visit you.

You're the one that worships invisible sky daddy. Why don't you tell us how that's working out for you?
Syne Offline
(Jan 1, 2019 01:51 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:What evidence do you have that "Pranksters always come forward"?

To take credit for the prank. That's why they pull the prank to begin with.

In 1991, self-professed pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley made headlines claiming it was they who started the phenomenon in 1978 with the use of simple tools consisting of a plank of wood, rope, and a baseball cap fitted with a loop of wire to help them walk in a straight line. To prove their case they made a circle in front of journalists; a "cereologist" (advocate of paranormal explanations of crop circles), Pat Delgado, examined the circle and declared it authentic before it was revealed that it was a hoax. Inspired by Australian crop circle accounts from 1966, Bower and Chorley claimed to be responsible for all circles made prior to 1987, and for more than 200 crop circles in 1978–1991 (with 1000 other circles not being made by them).
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circl...nd_Chorley

13 years from their first hoax until they took credit. So by your own logic, we might learn the truth in 2023.

Pranksters get a kick out of fooling more people, where as long as more people continue to be fooled, they have little reason to end that payoff by confessing. It's like a magic trick. Once you know the secret, the game is over.
Quote:
Quote: How would you know if one didn't?

He was on a video of a 2018 documentary last nite vouching for it. If it was a prank he'd know about it by now.  
Again, see above evidence of some pranksters waiting 13 years to take credit.
Did all the farmers who owned those fields know they were pranks within 8 years? If so, prove it.

A documentary or media coverage just ensures more people are tricked and the payoff continues.
Quote:
Quote:Again, why is this guy especially credible? Why do you dismiss the possibility of a hoax?

No motivation to hoax. He even mentioned in the 2018 documentary that he was a huge skeptic about such things. He's just an honest soldier blogging his family on his computer.

Again, see above evidence of some pranksters waiting 13 years to take credit.
And a hoaxer would try to lend credibility to his account by saying he was a huge skeptic. Any evidence of that being true? No, just have to take his word for it? Rolleyes
You wanna buy some cheap oceanfront property in Arizona too?
Quote:
Quote:There's likely a reason why the door opening is more violent than it is closing. There's just more leverage in one direction for a string than the other.

No..there's no string and noone in the room to pull it. And the door moves both ways, refuting the string theory. The amount of force on that door, which had to have had it's latch unlatched, is beyond anything a hoax or prank could pull. It's the real deal.

You'll notice at a certain point in the video the soldier looks at something and suddenly flees his room in terror. He said he saw the silouette of a shadow figure and that's what scared him. This is basic paranormal activity 101.
LOL! Maybe you missed where I mentioned two directions, from which any rational person (not deluded with intense gullibility) would have to assume TWO strings. You can't see the whole room. You can't even see the whole bed, much less the entire corner to the right of the camera/computer or even the door. So unless you're claiming we can see the whole room (with the greater mystery being how he got out of a doorless room), you've got zero grounds to claim no one else was in the room.

Some accounts say he was spooked by a voice, which could be pranked, or he's just the hoaxer. Much simpler explanation than "a ghost god did it!" Angel
Quote:
Quote:But you keep believing in your ghost gods. Maybe if you're fervent enough they've grant wishes, or at least visit you.

You're the one that worships invisible sky daddy. Why don't you tell us how that's working out for you?

Where have I ever said I worship anything, much less some idealized singular character up in the clouds? O_o
Nowhere, but you just keep right on erecting your desperate little straw men.

My beliefs work well for me. I'm not the depressed shut-in.
Magical Realist Offline
LOL! Those 2 old guys that took credit for the crop circles of the 90's? Yeah..they really pranked us didn't they?

Look the video speaks for itself. I'm not going to argue with you about supposed pranksters that never take credit and a string that can push and/or pull a locker open with such tremendous force and yet never be seen. No string could do what we see of that locker door. The latch would have to be unlatched and then there'd have to be someone inside the locker pulling the door shut the other way. Once again, your excuses not to believe in the obvious are laughable and indicative of your dishonest skeptical agenda of not wanting to believe in the paranormal. With no evidence whatsoever we are to believe this was a prank or a hoax when the soldier shows no signs of being deceptive and has no motivation to hoax. That someone else was in the room because after all we can't see them. And that this young soldier is some dishonest deceiver just looking to get famous on youtube. People in the military don't pull shit like that. They tend to be honest and straightlaced so as to stay out of trouble. It's obvious he is just an honest kid to which something quite extraordinary happened. Something that happens more often than we'd like to admit. The paranormal is, disconcertingly enough, real. And this video is further proof of its incredible and often shocking existence.
Syne Offline
I don't know, I'm not one of the true believers, who even to this day believe that some crop circles that were never taken credit for (i.e. "Pranksters don't always come forward") may indeed have extraterrestrial originators. I certainly remember plenty of earnest documentaries as a kid, claiming no human could bend a stalk that way without breaking it.

So either you believe all pranksters come forward and all the unclaimed crop circles must be of non-human origin or you have to admit not all pranksters come forward in a timely manner. The former would prove you are likely to be duped by a crop circle prank (as there's no difference between the claimed and unclaimed), and the latter proves that this poltergeist could easily be a prank/hoax. There are no other options.

You only have your blind belief...which you proceed to spew as if an argument anyway. Hint, when you say you're "not going to argue", quit arguing. But...we all know your own credibility threshold is very low, so why would we expect you to realize being a hypocrite would hurt your own. That's probably why you don't see through people claiming to be skeptics either.

Strings don't "push", moron. Wow, you're really thick if you can't reason out two strings pulling in two opposite directions for yourself (and that the lesser force of one direction being a direct result of its oblique angle). Yes, the latch would have to be unlatched, and the video doesn't show the latch being manipulated, even in slow motion/frame by frame or changing at all from before it opens to when it closes. The door doesn't actually get pulled all the way shut, again due to the oblique angle of any string PULLING it that direction.

Skeptic agenda conspiracy again, huh? But if I agreed with even one such incident that would magically transform into credibility.

Not sure what "signs of being deceptive" would look like (as there's been well-acted alien hoaxes in the past), and you'd have to be psychic to know if he had any motive or not. People in the military do pull shit like that and worse. Get to know a few who have served. I knew a fellow who smoked pot in morning parade, plenty of underage guys who drank, even in basic, eyewitness accounts of soldiers shooting camels...and having to pay the owners for them, and teaching the locals that shooting the bird was a friendly greeting. Seriously, get to know a few. They're just as human as the rest of us.

Your blind faith in ghosts is certainly real.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:Get to know a few who have served

I was in the military for nine years idiot. I know the culture there. It's toe the line or get reported. And rather than ruin my New Years reading any more of your pissy ad homs (hypocrite? thick?moron?) I leave you to your own strange little universe of invisible strings and hoaxing military soldiers and old barflies in fields stomping out crop circles. The evidence as usual speaks for itself.

Here's the video again of what happened lest you forget it in the fog of Syne's distortions. Pay particular atttention to the force with which the locker door is slammed opened. Absolutely zero evidence of a hoax here.

Syne Offline
(Jan 1, 2019 06:29 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:Get to know a few who have served

I was in the military for nine years idiot. I know the culture there. It's toe the line or get reported. And rather than ruin my New Years reading any more of your pissy ad homs (hypocrite? thick?moron?) I leave you to your own strange little universe of invisible strings and hoaxing military soldiers and old barflies in fields stomping out crop circles. The evidence as usual speaks for itself.
And how long ago was that? You may be out of touch with young military guys nowadays.

No, the attempted ad hominems were all yours. Assuming that anyone said "a string...can push...a locker open" is either a straw man intended to insult or a demonstration of either severe intellectual dishonesty or outright stupidity. Anyone who can't reason for themselves that it would take two strings, both pulling, to move an object in two different directions is demonstrably, and likely willfully, obtuse. And stating "I'm not going to argue" while continuing to argue is the definition of hypocrisy.

But you will now no doubt derail any further discussions with whining about the manner of posting like a tone troll. You're welcome for the out.

Quote:Here's the video again of what happened lest you forget it in the fog of Syne's distortions. Pay particular atttention to the force with which the locker door is slammed opened. Absolutely zero evidence of a hoax here.

Videos are zero evidence of anything but what's shown. You cannot derive nor eliminate unseen causes. Only blind faith can do that. Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staying in a haunted hotel in Flagstaff AZ Magical Realist 7 103 Feb 21, 2024 12:53 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  The atypical pedigree haunted house that has it all Kornee 7 188 Jan 22, 2023 02:34 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  The man haunted by a flying saucer named 'Floyd' Kornee 1 164 Nov 18, 2022 07:38 PM
Last Post: C C
  Haunted house researchers investigate the mystery of playing with fear Leigha 23 719 Sep 15, 2021 08:08 PM
  The World's Quietest Room Leigha 1 153 Sep 10, 2021 11:09 PM
  A ‘Glee’ curse? The show haunted by tragedies - Naya Rivera the latest C C 2 214 Jul 13, 2020 09:15 PM
  Jerry Bruce's haunted closet Magical Realist 19 1,300 May 23, 2020 03:51 AM
  Frank Ramirez's haunted motel room.. Magical Realist 16 729 Mar 27, 2020 06:22 AM
  Jenny McCarthy's haunted piano Magical Realist 6 1,564 Oct 31, 2018 07:41 PM
  Haunted pot shop in Oregon City Magical Realist 17 2,395 Oct 28, 2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Syne