Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jerry Bruce's haunted closet

Magical Realist Offline
Jerry Bruce is a military veteran. And he also has a haunted closet. Either before or after the video below he was video recording his baby in the living room when the closet door opened by itself and a toy was overturned. I saw the video of this on TV but can't find it on youtube. But I did find this video of him inspecting the closet door knob that is apparently being turned by itself! Following this is a video of the same closet door opening and a ball moving by itself. He had apparently set up this camera overnight when it happened. No sign of hoaxing or any other explanation other than paranormal.

"I have never seen anything like this. My wife and I were awakened by the sound of a door closing and when I jumped out of bed to see what was going on, my closet door slammed shut. This video is all I got before me, my wife and baby fled the house"--Jerry Bruce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo

Door opens and ball moves..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGb8oy2...e=emb_logo
C C Offline
More Bruce family videos here. (Good one with the egg.) At least a couple posted within a year, so I guess it didn't go full Amityville Horror or The Shining circa ten years ago with a fireman's axe in door: "Here's Jerry!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/jabii1969/featured

"A misfit video platform for the masses featuring the weird, funny and hilarious moments of my dysfunctional family.. Please feel free to laugh at our expense."
Zinjanthropos Offline
lol.... My first suggestion to Jerry would be to fix the goddam door then reshoot video, even if original 10 years old. Door more crooked and out of alignment than a roomful of lawyers. Gaps between door and jamb proportionately wider than the Titanic’s Iceberg gouge. More leaks than the CIA. Latch pin and latch plate not lining up properly.

When the sequel is video’d please back up and give us an entire view of the closet from top to bottom as the door is manually opened. Way it is now we can’t see the little kid or crouched person inside the closet when the door is opened. Would do wonders for making it more believable.

Is that a real fireplace or gas log insert? Either way it should have a damper. Natural gas installation code says damper for gas logs insert says must be permanently held open. Real fireplace would allow for a manual chimney damper , one you can open or close. An insert fireplace would require a separate dedicated flue run up through the old chimney.

I say this because the closet and the tv cabinet are very close to the fire pit. Probably because the house has been renovated and quite possibly the fireplace is no longer in use. I see what looks like a metal screen one can draw across the front of pit when it was in use. That makes me think gas logs or wood burner. There was the matter of the baby crawling around on the floor close to it. So probably not in use.

Don’t know if you’ve ever seen an old brick chimney after decades. There’s a lot of holes in it and mortar long gone. Looks like someone has encased old chimney within wall. Best bet is chimney leaks a lot of air and affects poorly installed closet door. I could go into the effects of negative & positive air to explain movement down or up a chimney but I think you get my drift.

It’s not proof of ghosts. A ghost who can’t leave a useless door alone and kicks toys while he’s at it.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:Way it is now we can’t see the little kid or crouched person inside the closet when the door is opened.

Also can't see a hand on the doorknob or an arm on the door as it is seen opening twice. And when the doorknob jiggles and he opens the door quickly, we see no arm or hand then either. So much for the crouching kid theory.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(May 19, 2020 10:30 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:Way it is now we can’t see the little kid or crouched person inside the closet when the door is opened.

Also can't see a hand on the doorknob or an arm on the door as it is seen opening twice. And when the doorknob jiggles and he opens the door quickly, we see no arm or hand then either. So much for the crouching kid theory.

If the intent of the video is to show us proof of ghost opening door then a clear shot of the entire door is required. Since it's not then there is no way to prove anything. It's the least he could have done.
Magical Realist Offline
(May 19, 2020 11:21 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(May 19, 2020 10:30 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:

If the intent of the video is to show us proof of ghost opening door then a clear shot of the entire door is required. Since it's not then there is no way to prove anything. It's the least he could have done.

There are 2 videos of the entire door opening by itself. And there's a video of the door knob turning back and forth by itself. That's enough to conclude a paranormal cause.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Remove all doubt and your case gets stronger. No ghost believer has ever been able to do that.  Only saw the video where he walks over to the door and seems to be inspecting it. Oh yeah...the baby and ball video too.
Magical Realist Offline
(May 19, 2020 11:47 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Remove all doubt and your case gets stronger. No ghost believer has ever been able to do that.  Only saw the video where he walks over to the door and seems to be inspecting it. Oh yeah...the baby and ball video too.

The videos don't lie. They capture the door opening by itself, the door knob turning by itself, and the toy turning over by itself. You have nothing to counter this. If you're claiming there is somehow a kid crouching in the closet, prove it. You can't just make up shit and hope it sticks.
Zinjanthropos Offline
You couldn't put this old crooked misaligned closet door any closer to a potential draft or differential in house air pressure than right next to an open fire pit at the bottom of an old chimney. It seems obvious to me that the latch pin does not line up properly with the strike plate hole. You can see that when it is chattering back and forth in the video that the latch pin barely touches the strike plate before it returns, giving the appearance of some thing physically manipulating the door knob. 

Let's just say that the very same principle that's working the door latch/handle is at work millions upon millions of times daily for nearly every house/building in North America. I'm talking about the pressure reducingdiaphragm gas regulator that sits outside of most places that use natural or propane gas. Works on a pressure differential, a metal pin on a hinge with a soft end cap (seat) acts as a plunger on an orifice that allows gas through. There is a spring that applies the pressure to close. It does this thousands of times during use. Opens and closes. There are no ghosts involved

My theory is that the closet gets filled up with air at atmospheric pressure from leaks inside closet space. The damper is open for the chimney at the fireplace . An appliance or exhaust fan is running somewhere in the house that is reducing house/closet air pressure. Outside air is forced down the chimney or other building openings to equalize. The air in the closet is restricted by the smaller door seal openings. The door starts to behave like a pressure reducing diaphragm regulator. As closet space pressurizes and depressurizes, it forces the latch pin thats barely touching the strike plate to open and close as the air de/pressurizing blows across it. A spring in the old latch mechanism may be old and weak thus allowing the latch pin to open and close as the de/pressurizing continues. 

Fix the door and repair leaks in closet space and problem goes away. Even if damper is closed at fire pit the leaky closet will act as a reservoir for pressurized  or depressurized air that responds to air being exhausted from a building (or pressure drop). I like to see someone test this theory. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staying in a haunted hotel in Flagstaff AZ Magical Realist 7 142 Feb 21, 2024 12:53 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  The atypical pedigree haunted house that has it all Kornee 7 191 Jan 22, 2023 02:34 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  The man haunted by a flying saucer named 'Floyd' Kornee 1 165 Nov 18, 2022 07:38 PM
Last Post: C C
  Haunted house researchers investigate the mystery of playing with fear Leigha 23 719 Sep 15, 2021 08:08 PM
  A ‘Glee’ curse? The show haunted by tragedies - Naya Rivera the latest C C 2 214 Jul 13, 2020 09:15 PM
  Frank Ramirez's haunted motel room.. Magical Realist 16 731 Mar 27, 2020 06:22 AM
  Haunted barracks room in Iraq Magical Realist 92 10,184 Jan 7, 2019 03:46 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Jenny McCarthy's haunted piano Magical Realist 6 1,587 Oct 31, 2018 07:41 PM
  Haunted pot shop in Oregon City Magical Realist 17 2,395 Oct 28, 2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Haunted public restrooms Magical Realist 2 704 Sep 27, 2018 10:48 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos