Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The atypical pedigree haunted house that has it all

Zinjanthropos Offline
Watched about 8 mins. Animated bits without real camera footage is a red flag to me. Maybe it gets better with more surveillance equipment but looks like one of those stories where things happen when nobody’s looking. Do we actually witness 666 being painted on a wall or is it after the fact?

Lived next door to a cemetery for many years, never saw a ghost or heard a voice without a person attached. In fact mourners who visit cemeteries in the middle of the night make more strange noises than anything I know.
Kornee Offline
(Jan 20, 2023 06:17 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Watched about 8 mins. Animated bits without real camera footage is a red flag to me. Maybe it gets better with more surveillance equipment but looks like one of those stories where things happen when nobody’s looking. Do we actually witness 666 being painted on a wall or is it after the fact?

Lived next door to a cemetery for many years, never saw a ghost or heard a voice without a person attached. In fact mourners who visit cemeteries in the middle of the night make more strange noises than anything I know.
As usual in such cases it's all down to a subjective judgement. There are recordings of mostly noises/voices, which obviously would be easy to fake.
Nevertheless, the unfortunate occupant's theory as to the why (later in vid) does have a quarter century old solid documentary precedent to draw on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xkZY23u7Y
You be the judge!
Zinjanthropos Offline
I’m a skeptic but not against aiding those believing in ghosts. So in an attempt to assist their cause I leave the following nonsense….

Ghosts of dead people are common but I’ve also heard of ghosts of living people. Isn’t there cases where people have been recorded being in one place when they’re actually in another? Astral projection? Can someone split into two real objects?

Can this really occur? What happens to an object when the wave function collapses upon observation but doesn’t return as a wave, even if only partially, when not observed? I’m offering this question free to ghost pundits to ponder, that apparitions that tantalize the senses are leftover quantum particles that never returned to the wave state once no longer observed, if only temporarily. A mix of the real and unreal? Just trying to help.
Kornee Offline
Forget about 'scientific' mumbo jumbo 'explanations'. I'm satisfied that owing to the vast pool of credible anecdotal evidence, including many 'psychic/paranormal' investigations, there is a hard core of reality to the overall phenomena.
Owing to the capricious nature of the entities involved, it will never lend itself to always elusive 'scientific rigorously controlled' study. Notwithstanding the payed for efforts of the likes of Travis Taylor & Co at Skinwalker Ranch.
Of course there is also a lot of hoaxing and misattribution - just like within the vast catalog of UAP incidents.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jan 21, 2023 03:04 AM)Kornee Wrote: Forget about 'scientific' mumbo jumbo 'explanations'. I'm satisfied that owing to the vast pool of credible anecdotal evidence, including many 'psychic/paranormal' investigations, there is a hard core of reality to the overall phenomena.
Owing to the capricious nature of the entities involved, it will never lend itself to always elusive 'scientific rigorously controlled' study. Notwithstanding the payed for efforts of the likes of Travis Taylor & Co at Skinwalker Ranch.
Of course there is also a lot of hoaxing and misattribution - just like within the vast catalog of UAP incidents.

If ghosts exist then I think there’d be a reasonable scientific explanation for such phenomena. For me belief in ghosts is being used to validate an afterlife and in some cases a religion. I don’t think the Power of Christ compels a demon possessing a Muslim, Hindu et al unless demons change religions to suit their victim.
confused2 Offline
(Jan 21, 2023 06:40 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2023 03:04 AM)Kornee Wrote: Forget about 'scientific' mumbo jumbo 'explanations'. I'm satisfied that owing to the vast pool of credible anecdotal evidence, including many 'psychic/paranormal' investigations, there is a hard core of reality to the overall phenomena.

If ghosts exist then I think there’d be a reasonable scientific explanation for such phenomena. For me belief in ghosts is being used to validate an afterlife and in some cases a religion. I don’t think the Power of Christ compels a demon possessing a Muslim, Hindu et al unless demons change religions to suit their victim.

Unless some combination of religion (any) and/or victim can create a demon and/or the the perception of one in a precursor to the metaverse which relies entirely on the belief that what you see is real.
Kornee Offline
Anyone who viewed the entire vid will know that the haunting entity(s) showed zero respect for resort to e.g. firstly a 'sage cleanse' then exorcism rituals and symbolic acts e.g. bible opened at key passages.
True Believers will of course claim such measures were fear & superstition not truly faith based. Understandable given the alarming circumstances.

As for ghosts, I used to have to regularly castigate the Chief Troll at another forum for repeatedly and intentionally using that word inappropriately in relation to UFOs.
Ghosts by usual definition are the supposed disembodied/acorporeal ongoing existences of physically deceased humans.
More likely mischievous entities, whether labeled as demons or jinn or whatever, masquerade as such 'ghosts' among other trickster activities.

Anyway, what strikes me is the lack of any common pattern across many such reported/investigated cases. Sometimes the activities are brief and never recur, other times they persist on and off for a time then cease, or just go on indefinitely at random intervals.
Sometimes there are preexisting psychological conditions/personal histories that might 'explain' victimization, other-times not. Sometimes the phenomena is confined to a location not individuals, sometimes the reverse, and sometimes there are wacky combinations. And so on.

All signifying utter capriciousness on the part of the mischievous entities responsible.
Which is why I laugh at suggestions 'scientific research' i.e. butterfly netting exercises like at Skinwalker Ranch could ever get to the bottom of it all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staying in a haunted hotel in Flagstaff AZ Magical Realist 7 103 Feb 21, 2024 12:53 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  The man haunted by a flying saucer named 'Floyd' Kornee 1 164 Nov 18, 2022 07:38 PM
Last Post: C C
  Haunted house researchers investigate the mystery of playing with fear Leigha 23 718 Sep 15, 2021 08:08 PM
  A ‘Glee’ curse? The show haunted by tragedies - Naya Rivera the latest C C 2 214 Jul 13, 2020 09:15 PM
  Jerry Bruce's haunted closet Magical Realist 19 1,300 May 23, 2020 03:51 AM
  Frank Ramirez's haunted motel room.. Magical Realist 16 729 Mar 27, 2020 06:22 AM
  Haunted barracks room in Iraq Magical Realist 92 10,181 Jan 7, 2019 03:46 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Jenny McCarthy's haunted piano Magical Realist 6 1,563 Oct 31, 2018 07:41 PM
  Haunted pot shop in Oregon City Magical Realist 17 2,395 Oct 28, 2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Haunted public restrooms Magical Realist 2 688 Sep 27, 2018 10:48 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos