Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Massage therapy

C C Offline
Emmit Smith attributed his long-term endurance and avoidance of injury, as a running back during the '90s, to an extreme commitment of receiving regular overall body massages. Westerners interpret some Asian techniques as painful or over-aggressive (if going by how contestants of the Amazing Race were agonizing and screaming during a therapy session in either Thailand or Vietnam, some years ago).
elte Offline
I seem to have noticed a aversion to the idea of vibration therapy despite how evidence in my case shows how much it helps.  People around me know how my ankles tended to get infected so easily, yet there came a point when I stopped visiting the doctor to get antibiotics for such infections.  The biggest factor in that change has been the vibration therapy. Maybe that impression that it hurts when administered turns people off to the concept, yet I find that the effect is the opposite, it being soothing and relieving when done well.
Leigha Offline
(Jul 20, 2016 05:06 PM)C C Wrote: Emmit Smith attributed his long-term endurance and avoidance of injury, as a running back during the '90s, to an extreme commitment of receiving regular overall body massages. Westerners interpret some Asian techniques as painful or over-aggressive (if going by how contestants of the Amazing Race were agonizing and screaming during a therapy session in either Thailand or Vietnam, some years ago).

I have a MT who is very ''aggressive'' and it can be painful at times, but after about 24 hours or so, I feel amazing. If you are able to find a truly talented person to work on you (not all MT's are equal), I believe there are valuable health benefits.

Hot stone therapy is my favorite. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08...61178.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ketamine therapy effective treatment for depression (study) Magical Realist 2 112 Sep 6, 2023 07:30 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Does depression exist? Nobody understands why therapy works. C C 19 501 Dec 3, 2021 11:14 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Religious leaders press minister to ban conversion therapy amid possible delay (UK) C C 0 102 Jul 8, 2020 08:23 PM
Last Post: C C
  Electroconvulsive therapy elte 2 342 Mar 7, 2018 11:26 AM
Last Post: elte
  Therapy animals are everywhere. Proof that they help is not. C C 4 642 Jul 5, 2017 12:37 AM
Last Post: confused2
  Implant treats inflamed vagus nerve + The wild history of electroconvulsive therapy C C 0 363 Jan 14, 2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: C C