Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

President Moron repeats lie about masks three times

Magical Realist Offline
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump made a dramatic claim about Covid-19 in an interview, at a campaign rally and in his televised town hall on NBC Thursday night.

All three times, Trump suggested that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had found that 85% of people who wear masks catch the virus.

"CDC comes out with a statement that 85% of the people wearing masks catch it," Trump said on Fox Business in the morning.

"Then they come out with things today, did you see CDC -- that 85% of the people wearing the mask catch it?" he said at a rally in North Carolina in the afternoon.

Trump did not name the CDC as the source of the statistic at the town hall -- he attributed the claim to an unnamed "they" -- but the substance of his assertion was the same.

Facts First: Trump's claim is false. The CDC study, which was released in September, did not say that 85% of all people who wear masks get infected with the coronavirus. In fact, it did not even attempt to figure out what percentage of people who wear a mask get infected with the coronavirus."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/...index.html
Syne Offline
It is true that 85% of the people studied with Covid did wear masks. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm
And anyone not familiar with scientific studies can hardly be faulted for not understanding what that means. It's not a lie. It's just a layman's attempt to understand. Considering how ignorant you are of science, MR, you really shouldn't be encouraging others to similarly call you a liar over it.
confused2 Offline
Syne Wrote:It is true that 85% of the people studied with Covid did wear masks.
In the UK the prevailing wisdom is that wearing the type of mask normally worn by the general public has little or no effect on the chance of the wearer catching Covid19. The reason for wearing masks given by the UK government is that it reduces the chances of someone carrying the virus passing it on to someone who doesn't. In the UK we are regularly told about the 'R' value - this is a measure of the number of people infected by an individual with the virus. If the R value is below one then the virus will not proliferate in the community and if it is above one then the number of infections will increase exponentially. Universal mask wearing doesn't have to very effective - if it reduces the R value from (say) 1.1 to 0.99 then it is a valid alternative to lockdowns and other measures which seriously damage both the economy and the community in general.

In the UK people who refuse to wear masks are regarded as anti-social because they are potentially asymptomatic carriers putting everyone else at risk and increasing the probability of lockdowns and other measures with far greater impact on the entire community than the likely impact on the idiot who is too stupid to understand why they are being asked to wear a mask.

It does seem that the US has a president in the ranks of those who are too stupid to understand the reason for wearing masks.
confused2 Offline
Quote:"Then they come out with things today, did you see CDC -- that 85% of the people wearing the mask catch it?"
A fine example of doublespeak. Trump really likes being POTUS and to carry on he needs the 50% of Americans of below average intelligence to vote for him. 

Syne Wrote:It's not a lie. It's just a layman's attempt to understand.
Doublethink?
Syne Offline
(Oct 18, 2020 07:09 PM)confused2 Wrote:
Quote:"Then they come out with things today, did you see CDC -- that 85% of the people wearing the mask catch it?"
A fine example of doublespeak. Trump really likes being POTUS and to carry on he needs the 50% of Americans of below average intelligence to vote for him. 
Fuck you! Fucking ignorant foreigner talking straight out your ass!

Quote:
Syne Wrote:It's not a lie. It's just a layman's attempt to understand.
Doublethink?
The CNN article, itself, didn't say it was a lie. That's a presumption, that seeks to demonize the intention of making a faulty claim.

Again, fuck off idiotic foreigner! Mind your own business, if you're going to disparage a whole half of Americans. What's you're jerk-water country doing for the world? Definitely not leading the world economy and mediating three historic peace treaties in the Middle East.
C C Offline
C2 is a "foreigner" in a forum "owned" or "managed" by another UK citizen? There's something that seems backwards here.
confused2 Offline
Doublethink is a process of indoctrination whereby the subject is expected to accept a clearly false statement as the truth, or to simultaneously accept two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in contravention to one's own memories or sense of reality.[1] Doublethink is related to, but differs from, hypocrisy.
stryder Offline
(Oct 18, 2020 10:32 PM)C C Wrote: C2 is a "foreigner" in a forum "owned" or "managed" by another UK citizen? There's something that seems backwards here.

I do live in the UK however if I had my way I wouldn't call myself British or English (I've spent more time on the internet than being English/British), to be honest I wish we could get passed the hangups of veiled racism transposed through nationalist zeal.

For instance the loud, biggotted, brash, extremist, abusive majority is actually a "minority" that just makes more noise than anyone else to intimidate any radical changes that would otherwise put them out to pasture.

If I could I would become part of a micronation, a citizen of a small nation (perhaps under 10,000 people in total) The consideration is that if you become part of a small community (and IF you can of course fit in) then you'll have a voice, a place and likely won't suffer from the persecutions that bureaucracies tend to force on those that don't fit the elitist agendas. (I guess it's a good premise for why scivillage)

This does mean however that I disagree pretty much with all current governments (well apart from Andorra and other small nations) since they are all about trying to be bigger and more controlling/domineering over more than just their own nations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Anger at Church helping migrants 'lie' to stay in UK? + Protester convicted (UK) C C 0 65 Feb 14, 2024 12:24 AM
Last Post: C C
  Research Your eco-friendly lifestyle is a big lie (climatism virtues, sanctity, & correctness) C C 0 57 Dec 31, 2023 02:11 PM
  NY Times finds out 'blue states are the problem' Syne 2 123 Nov 22, 2021 11:41 PM
Last Post: Syne
  NASA on UAP report + NY Times article is ‘willful ignorance’ about drug discovery C C 0 101 Jun 22, 2021 07:21 PM
  Microsoft president: Orwell’s 1984 could happen in 2024 C C 0 84 May 27, 2021 03:58 AM
  Can President Trump be impeached after he leaves office? Leigha 10 376 Jan 11, 2021 09:16 PM
  Trump voted worst president in history Magical Realist 4 246 Dec 21, 2020 07:18 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Trump voted worse president in history Magical Realist 0 93 Dec 21, 2020 01:18 AM
  President Moron repeats lie about masks three times Magical Realist 0 97 Oct 18, 2020 06:57 AM
  President Dumbass retweets bizarre QAnon conspiracy theory Magical Realist 10 393 Oct 18, 2020 02:45 AM