Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trump lashes out at Fox News over latest poll

Leigha Offline
I just had to laugh reading this. Is it me, or does he seem obsessed with his public image? The irony is that just a short time before his tantrum against the network, he was touting Fox News for their coverage of a positive economy. 

According to Fox News's poll that was released on Thursday, Biden has a ten point lead over the president, 49% to 39% respectively. The poll also shows that Trump would lose by a slightly smaller margin to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, 46% to 40%.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-attacks-fox-news-over-latest-poll
Syne Offline
Trump attacks anything he doesn't like, regardless of the source, although I do assume it's because he is insecure or an obsessive self-promoter.

Considering what polls said leading up to 2016 and the fact that he now has the highest approval rating of his presidency (on par with Obama leading up to his reelection), he probably doesn't need to worry. And considering his recent strategy to get Pelosi, who AOC had just called racist, to defend the extremists in her party...basically making them the face of the party, he may just be sly enough to capitalize on free publicity...that would tend to reach swing/independent voters who dislike Fox News.
confused2 Offline
Syne Wrote:Trump attacks anything he doesn't like, regardless of the source, although I do assume it's because he is insecure or an obsessive self-promoter.
On the grounds of "I didn't think that would happen." I give that the same 'beyond Wow!' rating as watching a raptor engine lifting Hoppy off the ground. Ya have to look through the smoke to see the engine that is actually lifting the ship.
Syne Offline
(Jul 28, 2019 09:32 PM)confused2 Wrote:
Syne Wrote:Trump attacks anything he doesn't like, regardless of the source, although I do assume it's because he is insecure or an obsessive self-promoter.
On the grounds of "I didn't think that would happen." I give that the same 'beyond Wow!' rating as watching a raptor engine lifting Hoppy off the ground. Ya have to look through the smoke to see the engine that is actually lifting the ship.

Then you haven't been paying attention. I've criticized Trump, am not an avid defender, and didn't vote for him. You've fallen prey to your own narrow stereotypes of conservatives. Maybe you should get to know a few in real life, instead of believing everything the media tells you.
Leigha Offline
I'm happy to see that, Syne. I know you're a conservative, so thought for sure you voted for Trump.

Glad to see your principles are more important to you than your political views.
Syne Offline
(Jul 29, 2019 02:27 AM)Leigha Wrote: I'm happy to see that, Syne. I know you're a conservative, so thought for sure you voted for Trump.

Glad to see your principles are more important to you than your political views.

Don't celebrate yet. I will be voting for him next time. Last time there was zero evidence he had any genuine conservative goals. Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. My principles include the fact that god can make use of flawed people and that his personal flaws do not outweigh things like protecting human life. Aside from the fact that all the leftist hyperbole about him being racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc. are all overblown. They overreact simply because they think he's a big ol meanie.

Just look up comparisons of what Trump and Bernie have said. Trump calls Baltimore "rat infested" and Bernie once called it a "third world country". Trump doesn't like open borders because of crime and Bernie said it would attract too many poor people. The difference is that Bernie tries to play nice when someone objects to his language and Trump doesn't. They've said many of the same things, but leftists think one is mean...and that equates to bad, evil, racist, etc, etc.. You know, how moralizing morons think.
Leigha Offline
(Jul 29, 2019 02:49 AM)Syne Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2019 02:27 AM)Leigha Wrote: I'm happy to see that, Syne. I know you're a conservative, so thought for sure you voted for Trump.

Don't celebrate yet. I will be voting for him next time. Last time there was zero evidence he had any genuine conservative goals. Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. My principles include the fact that god can make use of flawed people and that his personal flaws do not outweigh things like protecting human life. Aside from the fact that all the leftist hyperbole about him being racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc. are all overblown. They overreact simply because they think he's a big ol meanie.

Just look up comparisons of what Trump and Bernie have said. Trump calls Baltimore "rat infested" and Bernie once called it a "third world country". Trump doesn't like open borders because of crime and Bernie said it would attract too many poor people. The difference is that Bernie tries to play nice when someone objects to his language and Trump doesn't. They've said many of the same things, but leftists think one is mean...and that equates to bad, evil, racist, etc, etc.. You know, how moralizing morons think.

Due to my personal beliefs, I'd agree that God can take flawed people and "make use" of them (we're all flawed), but the idea is that the person's character will change for the better, during the task. lol That said, Trump's character seems a bit more than flawed - rather he exhibits quite a few hallmark traits of narcissistic personality disorder. 

I like his foreign policy ideas (although I'm not an expert) and yes, the economy seems to be doing quite well...but, I wonder...are you voting ''for'' him or ''against'' the other side? Do you truly like what he stands for, or do you just want to keep a vote away from Democrats? I'm not judging you either way, just curious.

Has he/his administration made America ''great again'' in your eyes?
billvon Offline
(Jul 29, 2019 02:27 AM)Leigha Wrote: Glad to see your principles are more important to you than your political views.

Don't celebrate yet. I will be voting for him next time.

Or . . . not.

"Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. "

And of a world record level of dishonesty.  And a track record of homophobia, racism, neotism, sexual assault and rape.  Not my kind of leader.  Sorry to hear that you have those sort of "principles."
Syne Offline
(Jul 29, 2019 04:20 PM)Leigha Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2019 02:49 AM)Syne Wrote: Don't celebrate yet. I will be voting for him next time. Last time there was zero evidence he had any genuine conservative goals. Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. My principles include the fact that god can make use of flawed people and that his personal flaws do not outweigh things like protecting human life. Aside from the fact that all the leftist hyperbole about him being racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc. are all overblown. They overreact simply because they think he's a big ol meanie.

Due to my personal beliefs, I'd agree that God can take flawed people and "make use" of them (we're all flawed), but the idea is that the person's character will change for the better, during the task. lol That said, Trump's character seems a bit more than flawed - rather he exhibits quite a few hallmark traits of narcissistic personality disorder. 

I like his foreign policy ideas (although I'm not an expert) and yes, the economy seems to be doing quite well...but, I wonder...are you voting ''for'' him or ''against'' the other side? Do you truly like what he stands for, or do you just want to keep a vote away from Democrats? I'm not judging you either way, just curious.

No, a flawed person can serve a greater good without ever improving personally. It's not like a general good depends on every participant benefiting from it...otherwise there'd never be such a thing. Being the means to a good can be an opportunity to better yourself, but free will is still a factor. And one person not improving does not diminish the general good. Obama was a narcissist too, but people seem to think he did some good.

Had I voted for him in 2016, it would have been against the other option, but this time it will be for him. It doesn't matter what he stands for. He's accomplishing good things.

America is as great as it prospers. So yes, even if just due to him improving investor confidence (because he's not saying crazy, job-killing crap like the Dems), he has made America better. We have record low unemployment (especially for minorities), rising wages (especially for low wage earners), etc..

(Jul 29, 2019 05:01 PM)billvon Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2019 02:27 AM)Leigha Wrote: Glad to see your principles are more important to you than your political views.

Or . . . not.

"Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. "

And of a world record level of dishonesty.  And a track record of homophobia, racism, neotism, sexual assault and rape.  Not my kind of leader.  Sorry to hear that you have those sort of "principles."

No, you just failed the Rorschach test. Bad people often do project their own bad traits on others.
Seattle Offline
(Jul 30, 2019 02:54 AM)Syne Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2019 04:20 PM)Leigha Wrote:
(Jul 29, 2019 02:49 AM)Syne Wrote: Don't celebrate yet. I will be voting for him next time. Last time there was zero evidence he had any genuine conservative goals. Now he has a track record of getting a lot of my political priorities accomplished. My principles include the fact that god can make use of flawed people and that his personal flaws do not outweigh things like protecting human life. Aside from the fact that all the leftist hyperbole about him being racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc. are all overblown. They overreact simply because they think he's a big ol meanie.

No, a flawed person can serve a greater good without ever improving personally. It's not like a general good depends on every participant benefiting from it...otherwise there'd never be such a thing. Being the means to a good can be an opportunity to better yourself, but free will is still a factor. And one person not improving does not diminish the general good. Obama was a narcissist too, but people seem to think he did some good.

Had I voted for him in 2016, it would have been against the other option, but this time it will be for him. It doesn't matter what he stands for. He's accomplishing good things.

America is as great as it prospers. So yes, even if just due to him improving investor confidence (because he's not saying crazy, job-killing crap like the Dems), he has made America better. We have record low unemployment (especially for minorities), rising wages (especially for low wage earners), etc..

(Jul 29, 2019 05:01 PM)billvon Wrote:

Or . . . not.

No, you just failed the Rorschach test. Bad people often do project their own bad traits on others.
Who is the bad person here, Leigha or Trump?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOOD NEWS 2020: Got rid of Trump ... BAD NEWS 2021: No Trump menace to rail against C C 3 162 Nov 6, 2021 12:41 AM
Last Post: confused2
  Prof: masculinity itself is the problem + Fox news workers abashed by Russia coverage C C 6 867 Nov 6, 2017 07:31 PM
Last Post: C C
  Breaking news: Hell froze over today Magical Realist 0 973 Mar 10, 2015 07:39 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist