Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Muslim anti-France protests + Walmart removes guns/ammo from stores before election

C C Offline
Walmart is removing guns from its stores ahead of Election Day: Walmart said Thursday that it was removing guns and ammunition from its store displays as a precaution amid "civil unrest" related to Election Day.

This isn't the first time the company had done so — it pulled weapons and ammo from sales floors in June following widespread demonstrations protesting the police killing of George Floyd.

Walmart is one of many retailers that are gearing up for potential violence related to the 2020 presidential election, with many boarding up storefront windows. (MORE)
- - - - -
Walmart Removes Guns, Ammo From Shelves Ahead Of Election Because Of Concerns About ‘Civil Unrest’: [...] A USA Today/Suffolk University Poll found 3 out of 4 Americans are concerned there could be some form of violence on Election Day. The decision comes amid a new string of riots in Philadelphia that left businesses ransacked.

[...] Walmart’s decision also comes as gun retailers see a spike in gun sales. Since the pandemic began, California alone has seen roughly 47,000 new gun owners, with a majority citing a fear of lawlessness as their prime reason for getting a gun... (MORE - details)

Anti-France protests: Muslims hold rallies worldwide as tensions rise
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54751920

INTRO: Thousands of Muslims in countries around the world have held protests to vent their fury at France over its perceived animosity towards Islam. Anti-French rallies erupted after Friday prayers in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Lebanon and other countries.

Protesters called for a boycott of French products and condemned President Emmanuel Macron. He has become a target in several Muslim-majority countries for his recent comments about Islam. Mr Macron has called Islam a religion "in crisis" and defended the right of a magazine to publish cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammed.

The backlash intensified after a suspected Islamist extremist killed a French teacher who showed the cartoons in class. Mr Macron said the teacher "was killed because Islamists want our future", but France would "not give up our cartoons".

Muslims saw Mr Macron's remarks as an insult, as depictions of the Prophet Muhammad are widely regarded as taboo in Islam. Protests against France have been going on across the Muslim world for days... (MORE)

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/tjsCyEx1Soo
Syne Offline
Considering the looting, this is likely a good idea. No one wants looting criminals with guns. There's already video of looters ramming other vehicles with cars...which are deadly enough weapons.
Ben the Donkey Offline
The Islamic world is going to "win", I think.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Always more women than men in those pics/videos of protesting Muslims.  Rolleyes

I’m imagining the warm reception I’d get carrying an atheist recruitment placard down Main St. Baghdad.
Syne Offline
Walmart returns guns and ammo to store floors, saying civil unrest was "isolated"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walmart-ret...-displays/

(Oct 31, 2020 05:21 PM)Ben the Donkey Wrote: The Islamic world is going to "win", I think.

Only in pantywaist countries not smart enough to demand integration or crack down on Sharia law.
Yazata Offline
(Oct 30, 2020 06:17 PM)C C Wrote: Walmart said Thursday that it was removing guns and ammunition from its store displays as a precaution amid "civil unrest" related to Election Day.

In some locations where stores are likely to be looted it makes sense. Don't want looters to come away armed with guns and ammunition.

Quote:[...] Walmart’s decision also comes as gun retailers see a spike in gun sales. Since the pandemic began, California alone has seen roughly 47,000 new gun owners, with a majority citing a fear of lawlessness as their prime reason for getting a gun...

If the police are unwilling/unable/not allowed to protect the public, the public has no choice but to protect themselves. I own a firearm and am prepared to use it if it ever comes to that.
C C Offline
(Oct 31, 2020 05:53 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Always more women than men in those pics/videos of protesting Muslims.  Rolleyes

I’m imagining the warm reception I’d get carrying an atheist recruitment placard down Main St. Baghdad.

Being Muslim allows one to become a kind of quasi-protected species of the Left, so it's a wonder there aren't more fundamentalist or traditionalist men of Christian cultural ilk converting to it. That may eventually happen as persecution against them via the callout and cancel aspect of Church of Woke increases ("get rid of the cavemen, excepting the Islamic ones").

Related to that is men potentially becoming transexual to benefit from Teacher's Pet status. But it looks like a world organization or two is now tentatively starting to crackdown on that a little bit as far as sports goes (i.e., getting in tune with reality with respect how it disadvantages "born" girls/women in competition).
Syne Offline
(Oct 31, 2020 09:08 PM)C C Wrote: Being Muslim allows one to become a kind of quasi-protected species of the Left, so it's a wonder there aren't more fundamentalist or traditionalist men of Christian cultural ilk converting to it. That may eventually happen as persecution against them via the callout and cancel aspect of Church of Woke increases ("get rid of the cavemen, excepting the Islamic ones").

Christians generally don't want to be "a kind of quasi-protected species of the Left", as that requires a presumption of victimhood. And persecution tends to make a religion stronger.
Yazata Offline
Quote:...as a precaution amid "civil unrest" related to Election Day.

Many of the big cities are boarding up as we speak, preparing for election night riots. These aren't the "deplorable" Trump voting places either, but places so elite blue that that some of them are ultraviolet.

My own San Francisco. This is Nieman Marcus at Union Square, a very upscale shopping area. Good luck with those glass walls.

[Image: rawImage.jpg]
[Image: rawImage.jpg]

Chicago

[Image: 871fed5c-3123-4e58-aa6f-3da906a6bb04.jpg...PECT_WIDTH]
[Image: 871fed5c-3123-4e58-aa6f-3da906a6bb04.jpg...PECT_WIDTH]

Washington DC

[Image: ElnBxu5W0AA1y3h?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: ElnBxu5W0AA1y3h?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Downtown Los Angeles

[Image: ElidhjjUYAAKQjB?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: ElidhjjUYAAKQjB?format=jpg&name=large]

Don't even get me going on Portland, an utter shithole for the last five months at least.
C C Offline
(Oct 31, 2020 11:57 PM)Yazata Wrote:
Quote:...as a precaution amid "civil unrest" related to Election Day.

Many of the big cities are boarding up as we speak, preparing for election night riots. These aren't the "deplorable" Trump voting places either, but places so elite blue that that some of them are ultraviolet.

My own San Francisco. This is Nieman Marcus at Union Square, a very upscale shopping area. Good luck with those glass walls.

Chicago ... Washington DC ... Downtown Los Angeles ... Don't even get me going on Portland, an utter shithole for the last five months at least.

Wow, do they really think there's that much a chance of Trump hanging on to the wobbly, suggestible percentage of independents that he needs to win -- after all these months of orchestrated bashing across every medium 24/7? Does the Establishment itself lack that much confidence in the effectiveness of their own work and propaganda? Wink

Nah. It's surely just what it looks like. That they privately believe their constituency is so rabid and destructive they fear the consequences of even the remotest possibility of Trump crossing the finish line. Would be an awful giveaway that still likely flies overhead the fan-base. Wink

Or does the Establishment alternatively believe there will be an orgy of devastating celebration if Biden wins, especially in a landslide? Is Ole Joe that beloved? I guess stranger, deeper affections have highlighted the past.

I'll let someone else plug-in the "Wicked Witch is dead" option for the apocalyptic celebration template. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Embattled Liberal candidate Raj Saini ends bid for re-election (Canadian community) C C 0 86 Sep 6, 2021 08:24 PM
Last Post: C C
  Would Amazon, Walmart favor minimum wage increase to wipe out small business rivals? C C 0 117 Feb 15, 2021 08:26 AM
  'Woke' American ideas are a threat, French leaders say (US & France communities) C C 0 100 Feb 11, 2021 02:27 AM
  Islamic terrorists' new front in war with France + More student protests in India C C 0 144 Jan 7, 2020 02:25 AM
  Australian campuses: HK protests spur violent clashes 'twixt Chinese student factions C C 0 181 Jul 31, 2019 11:25 PM
  Dutch election results: "Continent rescued from Euroscepticism" C C 2 612 Mar 20, 2017 04:27 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn