Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Guess it... or ask a queston.!!!

C C Offline
Looks like something from the sixties. So my shot in the dark is that it's the American-made regulator on the battery-powered, automated turnspit which Anwar Congo used on some his communist victims during the Indonesian purge of 1965-66. The screw adjustment controlled the rate that entrails were withdrawn from the abdominal cavity and rolled up on a non-enclosed rotisserie rod resting over an outdoor cookfire.

PBS recently featured Joshua Oppenheimer's quasi-surreal film (The Act Of Killing) which revolved around the government recruited gangsters recreating some of their torture and butchery; and its aftereffects on them over the decades. [PBS's idea of getting into the Halloween spirit, I guess].
cluelusshusbund Offline
You are corect... it is somptin from the 60's but nuthin to do wit torture... however... i was so perplexed that my brow furrowed for about 10 full seconds until i figered out what the label was from.!!!

Clue:::
The function of the item is dependent on compressed air.!!!
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 16, 2014 10:38 AM)Mr Doodlebug Wrote: Is it some kind of weighing scale?

No... but it employs a pneumatic ability... an my house has 2 of 'em.!!!
C C Offline
(Oct 16, 2014 04:51 PM)cluelusshusbund Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2014 10:38 AM)Mr Doodlebug Wrote: Is it some kind of weighing scale?
No... but it employs a pneumatic ability... an my house has 2 of 'em.!!!

House rather than garage, or some pre-fabricated shack where a Wesley Pegden tinkers around with tool-dependent projects and repairs? Good, I didn't even know what those air-powered lug nut removers are officially called, anyway.
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 16, 2014 05:06 PM)C C Wrote: "air-powered lug nut remover"

In my garage is an electric lug nut remover (a favorite tool when i rotated tires twice a year on 5 vehicles)... but no... not a lug nut tool.!!!

Wit this item... normaly... it only needs adjustment (slower-faster) when its initially installed.!!!
The 2 that i curently own (an installed) are at least 30 years old an still work like new.!!!
I guess the glue holdin that label on for over 30 years finaly let loose... an a light breeze blowin thru my storm door screen caused it to float to the middle of my kitchen floor.!!!

(Oct 17, 2014 12:08 AM)Mr Doodlebug Wrote: "a leaf blower?"

No... but 1 of the links you posted showed somethin that looks like it.!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raccoon dogs run amok in England. People ask: What the hell are they? (K9 hobbies) C C 0 170 Jun 1, 2019 12:21 AM
Last Post: C C
  Best sportsperson for each country + Top 10 surfing questions people ask C C 0 303 Dec 26, 2016 03:08 AM
Last Post: C C