Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Here's an idea (abortion)

Syne Offline
What if we simply outlaw anyone exchanging anything of value to perform an abortion?

From the left's perspective, abortion is a "right", which would mean the state could be allowed to compel delivering that service free of charge.
From the pro-life perspective, abortion is murder and the perpetrator a killer for hire.

So why not simply take money out of the equation. If these abortionist are as dedicated as they pretend, they could earn their living doing all the things Planned Parenthood claims to offer but never actually has and do abortions pro bono. We could see how big the abortion lobby is without a profit motive. See how many are eugenicist true believers and how many are just immoral and greedy.

And if any abortionists remained, we'd see if free abortions led to an increase.

So, do you believe abortionists are dedicated enough to forego that profit?
Leigha Offline
There's more than money at stake when it comes to abortion. Women and minorities have become little more than pawns in the political game. Regardless of the political views we hold, I'm tired of seeing this feigned compassion for women under the guise of abortion, when it's all about gaining the female vote, in the end.
confused2 Offline
I was actually replying to Alabama banning abortions which wasn't in Syne's O/P - sorry.
Personally I don't think money has anything to do with it. It is worth a lot of money (and much more) to not have an unwanted child so ways and means will be always be found.
Magical Realist Offline
I see no reason why a trained obstetrician shouldn't be able to earn money for his services. It's the right of everyone to make a living to feed themselves and their family. It's what capitalism is all about.
confused2 Offline
MR Wrote:It's what capitalism is all about.
Nice!
Syne Offline
(May 16, 2019 09:54 AM)confused2 Wrote: Here's a list of drugs used to treat (cause) the medical condition called Abortion.
https://www.medindia.net/drugs/medical-c...ortion.htm
Minimum order $100.
At least you'd be taking fully responsibility for your own immoral choices.
(May 16, 2019 04:43 PM)confused2 Wrote: I was actually replying to Alabama banning abortions which wasn't in Syne's O/P - sorry.
Personally I don't think money has anything to do with it. It is worth a lot of money (and much more) to not have an unwanted child so ways and means will be always be found.
There are always waiting couples eager to adopt new born children...older children, not so much. Between that and "no questions asked" drop off places, the only thing abortion accomplishes is people not taking any responsibility for their own choices. It's not pro-choice, it's pro-irresponsible-choice.

(May 16, 2019 02:07 PM)Leigha Wrote: There's more than money at stake when it comes to abortion. Women and minorities have become little more than pawns in the political game. Regardless of the political views we hold, I'm tired of seeing this feigned compassion for women under the guise of abortion, when it's all about gaining the female vote, in the end.
I agree, but removing the money might expose more people to agenda involved.

(May 16, 2019 05:14 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: I see no reason why a trained obstetrician shouldn't be able to earn money for his services. It's the right of everyone to make a living to feed themselves and their family. It's what capitalism is all about.
Capitalism is not about killing for convenience. Obstetricians make a good living everyday without performing abortions.
But this is about the left demanding it's a "right", which the government then has an obligation to provide, just like they think about healthcare, college, or whatever else the Dems are promising to win the votes of the selfish and ignorant.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:Capitalism is not about killing for convenience. Obstetricians make a good living everyday without performing abortions.

No..you don't have the right to demand obstetricians perform abortions without being paid. That's ridiculous. They get paid for whatever services they perform. It's part of their job description. And it's part of our capitalistic system.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Why not have every potent man simply deposit his sperm in a bank, then a vasectomy or sterilization.  Big Grin
Syne Offline
(May 16, 2019 11:35 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:Capitalism is not about killing for convenience. Obstetricians make a good living everyday without performing abortions.

No..you don't have the right to demand obstetricians perform abortions without being paid. That's ridiculous. They get paid for whatever services they perform. It's part of their job description. And it's part of our capitalistic system.

What part of "the left declares it's a human right" don't you understand? This is playing by their own standards, not mine. My standards would have them treated like hired killers, which is exactly what they are. So not getting paid would be the very least of their problems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Pregnancy: the more people know about it, the more likely to support abortion access C C 0 53 Jan 25, 2024 05:44 AM
Last Post: C C
  Study on lasting effects of abortion + On Netflix's turn against Woke speech policing C C 0 67 May 17, 2022 02:48 PM
  State attorneys vow not to prosecute abortion-related crimes C C 0 67 May 9, 2022 05:29 AM
  From horse's mouth: Russian Jews & absurd idea of sheep citizens overthrowing Putin C C 2 159 Mar 20, 2022 04:09 AM
Last Post: stryder
  Many opposed to abortion would still help friend or family member seeking one C C 0 66 Feb 22, 2022 12:02 AM
  The NYT finally learning to love GMOs? + TN goes race conspiracy on COVID, abortion C C 1 85 Sep 23, 2021 07:39 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Why do pro-choice advocates avoid engaging in the ethics of abortion? C C 1 215 Apr 26, 2021 04:52 AM
Last Post: Syne