Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BIGFOOT: A layman’s viewpoint on the phenomenon

C C Offline
http://bigfootfieldreporter.com/wordpres...ent-spada/

EXCERPT: [...] I am of course talking about Bigfoot, or Sasquatch if you prefer. The legendary ape/ape man that dwells in the darker regions of the continent. That term, first coined in 1958, has set off a firestorm of controversy. Is it real or not? That is the question…

The following paper is a brief example of my take on the whole business. I am but an amateur on the matter, so please ingest it with a grain of salt. I do not pretend to know the truth, but am I willing to share my opinions. You may find them useless in the end, but then again, perhaps not…
Magical Realist Online
"Here’s a strange beast – a comprehensive report of a research study intended to document the apparent presence of native “wood apes” (popularly known as Bigfoot) in the Ouachita mountains of Oklahoma. The North American Wood Ape Conservancy consists of serious researchers who carefully plan their approach and document their findings. They have published a detailed report of a four year research project.

The investigations, conducted over the course of four years, ranged from sixty to one hundred twenty days in duration, and produced experiences, evidence, and information thought to be significant, though not definitive to the point of validating the existence of a native North American anthropoid species. Some of the more notable thoughts and impressions recorded by scores of NAWAC team members are described and discussed in the Ouachita Project monograph

Read the entire report here: Ouachita Project Monograph http://media.texasbigfoot.com/OP_paper_m...112015.pdf
(And you better read it before attempting to disparage it in the comments.) You’ll find that it’s well-written, intelligent and at times dramatic.

What was NAWAC able to document? Well, not a specimen, unfortunately, though they were prepared to take one down, and did shoot and apparently hit one. Photographs? No. They had problems with trail cameras ruined by bears and, when secured, the devices were noticeable on the trails and conspicuous around the cabins. You will find documented in the report accounts of the following:

Rock throwing incidents (over 1000)
Wood knocking (sometimes rhythmic, responsive or mimicking)
Metallic noise (use of rocks or hard objects on metallic objects)
Sounds of movement through vegetation and bipedal footfalls
Banging on the structure walls during the night
Footprints
Strong smell (musky, wet horse scent)
Damaged trees (felled dead trees, broken dead or green limbs beyond natural breakage)
Vocalizations (huffs, grunts, whistles, growls, screams and chattering)
Indeterminate hair and blood sample
Signatures from thermal cameras and reports of eyeshine
Brief sightings of reddish brown to black various sized animals
One occasion of physical intrusion into a window

The group suggests in their hypothesis that an undocumented anthropoid is native to this remote area they call “Area X” in order to not reveal its location (on private land). They surmise that the creature primarily is bipedal and exists in social groups. They have adapted to be stealthy and avoid being in a direct line of sight."===http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/03/four-yea...d-results/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colorado train passengers spot Bigfoot on video Magical Realist 0 90 Oct 13, 2023 09:56 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  What If Aliens Are Here? The UFO UAP Phenomenon Kornee 9 363 Nov 11, 2022 09:26 PM
  "The Proof is Out There" analyzes the 1967 Bigfoot film: Is it is real or a hoax? C C 4 174 Dec 8, 2021 09:08 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Murder Mountain plus Bigfoot? Secular Sanity 2 166 Apr 14, 2021 06:55 PM
Last Post: C C
  Marble Mountain Bigfoot footage Magical Realist 7 433 Jan 15, 2021 04:46 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  Searching for Bigfoot in Oregon Yazata 2 442 Dec 12, 2019 02:33 AM
Last Post: C C
  The odd phenomenon of Ghost Apples C C 1 427 Feb 11, 2019 12:49 AM
  How to hunt Bigfoot in Washington State Magical Realist 0 381 Aug 24, 2018 08:04 PM
  DOP (disappearing object phenomenon) Magical Realist 2 988 Aug 2, 2018 05:27 PM
  Farmer sees group of 5 Bigfoot in his orchard Magical Realist 50 4,465 May 7, 2018 03:23 AM
Last Post: Syne