Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canada is the world’s worst oppressor: Saudi Arabia’s bizarre propaganda campaign

C C Offline
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sau...nst-canada

EXCERPT: Within hours of Saudi Arabia expelling Canada’s ambassador, the country’s broadcasters and pro-government social media accounts ramped into high gear digging up dirt on its newest enemy. [...] it has placed Saudi propagandists in the uncomfortable position of having to prove that Canada is a pariah state of oppression, death and misery.

This whole spat began because Canada has publicly campaigned against the jailing of Saudi blogger Raif Badawi. As a result, the easiest way to discredit Canada would be to find evidence of us similarly jailing political dissidents.

On Monday, the Saudi-owned TV channel Al Arabiya ran a segment on the allegedly appalling conditions in Canadian prisons. Amid claims that 75 per cent of Canadian detainees die before standing trial, the segment also claimed that University of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson is a Canadian prisoner of conscience. Peterson certainly has his qualms with the Canadian justice system; he first rose to prominence as a critic of an Ontario law regarding gender expression. But the professor remains a free man. In fact, he’s arguably the opposite of incarcerated: An extraordinarily wealthy best-selling author who is selling out theatres across the continent. In Saudi Arabia, meanwhile, people who criticize the Saudi government don’t become messianic thought leaders. [...]

Canadian homelessness has been a frequent target of pro-Saudi Twitter accounts [...]

Of all the ways to dig up dirt on Canada, Saudi sources are inexplicably fixating on our treatment of women. [...]

Canadians and their government would be among the first to note that this country’s treatment of Indigenous people has been abominable from day one [...]

Remember [...] when a woman in a Lethbridge Denny’s went on a drunken racist rant against a table full of Afghan men? [...] On Tuesday [...] a [...] lobbyist for Saudi Arabia, posted the video to Twitter with the note “racism in Canada is very concerning!” [...]

here is a clip from Saudi TV of a commentator claiming that by opposing Saudi Arabia, Canada stands with terrorism. [...]

And finally, a handful of pro-Saudi Twitter accounts have spared a thought for the plight of Canada’s oppressed Quebecers ["Quebecers are an oppressed minority yearning to breathe free"]...

MORE: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sau...nst-canada
Zinjanthropos Offline
You guys have no idea at just how good our PM, Justin Trudeau, is at apologizing. That's all he's done since being elected.
Syne Offline
(Aug 11, 2018 11:28 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: You guys have no idea at just how good our PM, Justin Trudeau, is at apologizing. That's all he's done since being elected.

Apparently he took notes from Obama.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Aug 12, 2018 12:09 AM)Syne Wrote:
(Aug 11, 2018 11:28 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: You guys have no idea at just how good our PM, Justin Trudeau, is at apologizing. That's all he's done since being elected.

Apparently he took notes from Obama.

But every time Justin apologizes the taxpayers dole out a few billion to help make us look more humanitarian.
Yazata Offline
(Aug 11, 2018 10:51 PM)C C Wrote: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sau...nst-canada

EXCERPT: Within hours of Saudi Arabia expelling Canada’s ambassador, the country’s broadcasters and pro-government social media accounts ramped into high gear digging up dirt on its newest enemy. [...] it has placed Saudi propagandists in the uncomfortable position of having to prove that Canada is a pariah state of oppression, death and misery.

It is. It IS!

Hideously white, especially during the winter. (That has to be racist.)

Hockey-crazed natives who think that it's fine that hockey has three halves, that players wear 'sweaters' instead of 'jerseys' and suit up in 'dressing rooms', not 'locker rooms'. They are so twisted that they can even comprehend the icing rule.

I still remember my very first visit to Canada in the 1970's. I turned on the TV in our hotel room in hopes of seeing what Canadian TV looked like. And CBC was showing people sliding what looked like teapots down an ice rink, while sweeping furiously in front of them with brooms! I almost fell out of my chair laughing! Canadian sports!!

It's just not normal.

People who are always exceeding polite...

...unless they are denouncing the United States or swilling beer and jeering at hockey players.

A congenital inability to pronounce the letter 'O' except as 'Oo', so that 'out' sounds like 'oot'.

And ending every sentence with 'eh', eh?

What a horror, Canada!
Zinjanthropos Offline
The whole world misunderstands us. Probably due to the fact we are incredibly more intelligent than most.countries. We know we have to dumb it down to even converse on the level of our closest neighbors, the Americans.  Since I live on the border I'll give you an example of what to expect.from our friends on a typically hot summer day. Listen in ....

'Hi" said the couple unloading their bicycles from the SUV bearing New York state licence plates, "can you answer a question for us?"

"Sure, go ahead", I said as I walked past them along the Niagara RIver Parkway in full.view of the USA on the other bank, er....shore , er.....side. Don't want to confuse any Amerks. 

The gentleman asked, "My wife and I would like to know if we're in Canada?

I answered with a question, " do you remember crossing the river by driving over a big bridge within the last half hour or so. Then a person asking where you're from and to where you were going? Did you pay $3 to use the bridge!?" 

"Yes, we did."

"Then you're in Canada" "Welcome". I then moved on thinking ....... WOW. Angel
Secular Sanity Offline
(Aug 13, 2018 01:01 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I then moved on thinking ....... WOW. Angel

But then the Canadian googled around and said, by the way, I just went for a drive along the Upper Niagara River Parkway. Weather today cloudy, 6°C, no wind, slight rain, water moving but somewhat flat, Sun would be at it approximately noon hour height albeit behind clouds and there's a slight green tint to the river today. Granted the river runs over a primarily limestone subsurface. Should I be seeing some other color?

The American lady said, no. The color comes from the dissolved salts and “rock flour,” very finely ground rock, picked up primarily from the limestone bed.

And then the couple moved on thinking…Wow! That was a good question. These Canadians are really smart. Angel
Syne Offline
Brain-dead New Yorkers and tourists are not a representative sample.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Aug 13, 2018 02:12 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
(Aug 13, 2018 01:01 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I then moved on thinking ....... WOW. Angel

And then the couple moved on thinking…Wow! That was a good question. These Canadians are really smart.  Angel

But the Canadian already knew the answer so when the American lady asked where the snow was for the skis strapped to her car roof on this fine summer day, he changed the subject..

We Canadians understand brain dead New Yorkers and tourists represent the cream of American Education system. 

A couple Yanks drifted by in their boat. They asked me where the Falls was. I told them to continue  drifting in their boat and they would find it.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Aug 13, 2018 05:04 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: But the Canadian already knew the answer.

Did he?  I don’t think she really cared either way. It was just nice to have someone standing next to her in a male dominated atmosphere, which can make even point scoring cunts a little uncomfortable.   Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article An AI-driven influence operation is spreading pro-China propaganda across YouTube C C 0 48 Dec 19, 2023 07:45 AM
Last Post: C C
  Arab anti-USA propaganda disguises itself as SJ rhetoric for millennials to spread C C 1 326 Jun 13, 2019 11:50 PM
Last Post: Syne
  EU Directive condemning sites for propaganda it doesn't like, even when not prop? C C 1 423 Apr 13, 2019 07:57 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Grassroots campaign to save *The Expanse* begins (online community) C C 0 443 May 18, 2018 03:50 PM
  (UK) Wildlife bias? + Bolton "worst place" to... + Elton John sued 4 sex harassment C C 1 463 Mar 31, 2016 07:26 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  2 bizarre / gross dietary fads of the internet community (Warning to the sensitive!) C C 0 593 Dec 16, 2015 08:01 PM
  Creepy Saudi Bedtime Stories: the real Cinderella story C C 0 577 Jun 8, 2015 05:07 AM