Drinking gin makes you feel sexier

#31
That might play into your little fantasies but the alpha male concept was debunked years ago.

Bypass the gin.  Be yourself.  Do what you love to do and eventually you'll find someone that appreciates the qualities and traits that make you…you.

Good luck, my friend.
Reply
#32
No deary, it's your fantasy that alpha men don't exist and that "nice guys" are attractive...but you can't even define how.

It's not your fault. You're an emotionally driven woman.

"Be yourself" is only good advice if you are already open and socially free, otherwise it's disastrous to tell an approval-seeking person.
And a guy has to be proactive to increase the odds of finding a quality woman.
Reply
#33
-SS Wrote:Bypass the gin. Be yourself. Do what you love to do and eventually you'll find someone that appreciates the qualities and traits that make you…you. Good luck, my friend.
I started to write out a whole heap of my own joys and disasters but stopped .. SS captured it in it's entirety.
Reply
#34
(Aug 3, 2018 07:00 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: ...the alpha male concept was debunked years ago.

Scientists discover brain's neural switch for becoming an alpha male

Timid mice turn bold after their ‘alpha’ circuit is stimulated as results show ‘winner effect’ lingers on and mechanism may be similar in humans
...
Now scientists claim to have pinpointed the biological root of domineering behaviour. New research has located a brain circuit that, when activated in mice, transformed timid individuals into bold alpha mice that almost always prevailed in aggressive social encounters.

In some cases, the social ranking of the subordinate mice soared after the scientists’ intervention, hinting that it might be possible to acquire “alphaness” simply by adopting the appropriate mental attitude.
...
Prof Hailan Hu, a neuroscientist at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, who led the work said: “We stimulate this brain region and we can make lower ranked mice move up the social ladder.”

The brain region, called the dorsal medial prefrontal cortex (dmPFC), was already known to light up during social interactions involving decisions about whether to be assertive or submissive with others. But brain imaging alone could not determine whether the circuit was ultimately controlling how people behave.

The latest findings answer the question, showing that when the circuit was artificially switched on, low-ranking mice were immediately emboldened. “It’s not aggressiveness per se,” Hu said. “It increases their perseverance, motivational drive, grit.”



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2NTQPl7D8

You were saying? Dodgy
You've bought into the justifications of beta males (trying to convince you there's nothing better), just as you think you're attracted to "nice guys" while unable to define how.
Reply
#35
Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?

I’ve seen it.  It would have been interesting if they would have had females witnessing the large man helping himself to someone’s beer and then showing just how successful he was in attracting their attention.

How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’

Quote:Anyone claiming that kindness is a bad move doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

***
It makes sense that boys are drawn to this oversimplified model, particularly because it feeds into so much of the ambient culture surrounding masculinity and femininity.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXwtyl0MEs
Reply
#36
(Aug 5, 2018 02:35 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?

I’ve seen it.  It would have been interesting if they would have had females witnessing the large man helping himself to someone’s beer and then showing just how successful he was in attracting their attention.
It's called evolution, deary. Where at least comparable behaviors exist cross closely related species.

And obviously you've missed the point. The same deference that allows a large man to steal beer with impunity is the same deference behavior, sans stealing beer, that women view as men who lead and have status over other men.
Quote:How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’

Quote:Anyone claiming that kindness is a bad move doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

***
It makes sense that boys are drawn to this oversimplified model, particularly because it feeds into so much of the ambient culture surrounding masculinity and femininity.
The author is obviously a beta male: http://www.jessesingal.com/about-me/
And who said kindness was a bad move? That's just a straw man to justify his own insecurities.
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXwtyl0MEs
This guy is also obviously a beta. He conflates bullies, who act out due to insecurity (posturing betas), with true alpha males, who have actual confidence and leadership characteristics.


But just keep believing these beta males...and live with what it does to your relationships with men.
Reply
#37
(Aug 5, 2018 07:40 PM)Syne Wrote:
(Aug 5, 2018 02:35 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?
It's called evolution, deary. Where at least comparable behaviors exist cross closely related species.

(May 30, 2018 05:34 AM)Syne Wrote: Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?

It's called evolution, deary. Where at least comparable behaviors exist cross closely related species.  Wink

Quote:In bonobos, females show estrus and have sexual intercourse with males even during the period they can’t conceive,” he says. This is very different from the relatively limited sexuality of female chimps, but could have arisen as a result of just a few genetic changes in that founding population, says Furuichi. [1]

Hmm…guess what? We do that.

Syne Wrote:The author is obviously a beta male.
Syne Wrote:This guy is also obviously a beta.

Ad hominem is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

(Aug 2, 2018 05:45 PM)Syne Wrote: Women just constantly fret about their looks and wear uncomfortable shoes.

"High heels thrust out the buttocks and arch the back into a natural mammalian courting — actually, copulatory — pose called ‘lordosis,’ ” Fisher said. “Rats do it, sheep do it ... lions do it, dogs do it. ... It is a naturally sexy posture that men immediately see as sexual readiness. [Heels] are a ‘come hither’ signal."—Helen Fisher 

It's all part of the plan, my dear.  Haven't you heard?  Sex sells.  Muahahaha!

Syne Wrote:But just keep believing these beta males...and live with what it does to your relationships with men.

Once upon a time...

"With many females sexually active at once, there would have been less and less competition between males, until eventually the females took control. The rest, as they say, is evolutionary history." [1]

The End

Now that... is a good ending, isn’t it?  Big Grin
Reply
#38
(Aug 6, 2018 01:13 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
(Aug 5, 2018 07:40 PM)Syne Wrote:
(Aug 5, 2018 02:35 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?
It's called evolution, deary. Where at least comparable behaviors exist cross closely related species.

(May 30, 2018 05:34 AM)Syne Wrote: Why, do you feel comparable to an ape?

It's called evolution, deary. Where at least comparable behaviors exist cross closely related species.  Wink
LOL! I compared alpha behavior (you know, very generalizable social hierarchies), while you directly compared women to apes in heat:
(May 30, 2018 03:44 AM)Secular Sanity Wrote: ... female primates, when in heat, constantly present themselves to any approaching male.
If you can't fathom the difference, that's on you.
Quote:
Quote:In bonobos, females show estrus and have sexual intercourse with males even during the period they can’t conceive,” he says. This is very different from the relatively limited sexuality of female chimps, but could have arisen as a result of just a few genetic changes in that founding population, says Furuichi. [1]

Hmm…guess what? We do that.
Estrus in humans is hidden. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_ovulation
Quote:
Syne Wrote:The author is obviously a beta male.
Syne Wrote:This guy is also obviously a beta.

Ad hominem is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.
Objective observation is not ad hominem. In this case, it points to a motive for their opinions (and that's all it is).
Quote:
(Aug 2, 2018 05:45 PM)Syne Wrote: Women just constantly fret about their looks and wear uncomfortable shoes.

"High heels thrust out the buttocks and arch the back into a natural mammalian courting — actually, copulatory — pose called ‘lordosis,’ ” Fisher said. “Rats do it, sheep do it ... lions do it, dogs do it. ... It is a naturally sexy posture that men immediately see as sexual readiness. [Heels] are a ‘come hither’ signal."—Helen Fisher 

It's all part of the plan, my dear.  Haven't you heard?  Sex sells.  Muahahaha!
It take you 4 days to think of a comeback for that? Rolleyes
You seem to have missed the point. Women do those things for validation.
Quote:
Syne Wrote:But just keep believing these beta males...and live with what it does to your relationships with men.

Once upon a time...

"With many females sexually active at once, there would have been less and less competition between males, until eventually the females took control. The rest, as they say, is evolutionary history." [1]

The End

Now that... is a good ending, isn’t it?  Big Grin
Since estrus is hidden in humans, the only thing that keeps there being "many females sexually active at once" is law and, for a long time, religion. Otherwise, a man would just take what he wants, like many examples of forced copulation in animals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociobiolo...es_of_rape
This likely occurred in early man, with no rise of female control. Unlike many animal species, human males are larger than females.
But keep fantasizing about your misandrist domination. Rolleyes
Reply
#39
(Aug 6, 2018 05:38 PM)Syne Wrote: Since estrus is hidden in humans, the only thing that keeps there being "many females sexually active at once" is law and, for a long time, religion.

I don't get.  Why would you have to rape us if we're giving it away?

Religion?  Oh, yeah, we're supposed to marry the rapist.  That makes him your husband instead of a rapist.  Nice!

Syne Wrote:Otherwise, a man would just take what he wants, like many examples of forced copulation in animals.
This likely occurred in early man, with no rise of female control. Unlike many animal species, human males are larger than females.

The bonobo males are larger than the females, as well, but the females stick together. Sexual coercion? Oh, hell no. They’d throttle him.

Unlike chimpanzees, and just like the bonobos, we have sexual intercourse with males even when we can’t conceive. We also have face-face intercourse. 

Unlike the chimpanzees struggling for dominance, our ability to cooperate like the bonobos has aided in our survival, but the truth is, we are neither. We may never know how our predecessors behaved, nor can we change our history, but we can shape the future.

Let’s just cut to the chase, though, shall we. The point you’re trying to make is that you see yourself as an alpha-male.

But just keep fantasizing about your domination.  Rolleyes
Reply
#40
(Aug 6, 2018 07:06 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
(Aug 6, 2018 05:38 PM)Syne Wrote: Since estrus is hidden in humans, the only thing that keeps there being "many females sexually active at once" is law and, for a long time, religion.

I don't get.  Why would you have to rape us if we're giving it away?

Religion?  Oh, yeah, we're supposed to marry the rapist.  That makes him your husband instead of a rapist.  Nice!
When did women "give it away"? Promiscuity is not a very successful strategy for human women wanting their offspring to survive, as it doesn't enlist the help they need.
Women were considered property, with some amount of value, long before religion, deary. And as bad as that was, at least it did promote the survival of offspring.
Quote:
Syne Wrote:Otherwise, a man would just take what he wants, like many examples of forced copulation in animals.
This likely occurred in early man, with no rise of female control. Unlike many animal species, human males are larger than females.

The bonobo males are larger than the females, as well, but the females stick together. Sexual coercion? Oh, hell no. They’d throttle him.

Unlike chimpanzees, and just like the bonobos, we have sexual intercourse with males even when we can’t conceive. We also have face-face intercourse. 

Unlike the chimpanzees struggling for dominance, our ability to cooperate like the bonobos has aided in our survival, but the truth is, we are neither. We may never know how our predecessors behaved, nor can we change our history, but we can shape the future.

Let’s just cut to the chase, though, shall we. The point you’re trying to make is that you see yourself as an alpha-male.

But just keep fantasizing about your domination.  Rolleyes

No, that's a function of showing estrus even when they can't conceive. There's just no time pressure nor scarcity on the males to compete for mates.
That article also says that, in zoos, females can get pretty violent. So it's not a total panacea.

The point is that "toxic masculinity" is beta males acting out, which can reach extremes like incels planning murders. Alpha male qualities of heroism, protection, etc. are what keep these bad men at bay, and every guy should strive for those qualities. Whether I have them or not is not for me to say, as subjective experience has its limits.

Alpha males are natural leaders who don't feel any need to dominate. It's only insecure betas that need to dominate anyone.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drinking gin makes you feel sexier Magical Realist 0 96 Jul 31, 2018 06:43 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)