Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why God allows Evil

Ostronomos Offline
Evil will inevitably be destroyed as it is opposed to the universe's benevolent self-designing tendency. But this requires a series of logical steps. It is said that because we are cut off from God, salvation is out of reach for us. Hence in our desperation, we find no help. But this is simply a part of the nature of the universe. Blind nature is the dividing line between us and God. It is not so much that God lacks existence to grant salvation, but rather, that there is no bridge or connection between our world and God's universe or the God-verse. By reconnecting with the God-verse through the exclusive properties of a kind of universal oneness, an individual can perceive God. And hence the Mind of God which will be followed by protection from evil forces upon vocal requests (i.e. deterministic sincere prayer). Hence evil is revealed in all its deceptiveness via interaction with God in the God-verse.
Magical Realist Offline
We can't apply our quaint moral expectations to nature and the universe. There is no justice or fairness outside of human society. There is only random and determined events that have no purpose or meaning beyond just happening. And invoking a God to explain it all does us no good at all. What is just is. We have to accept that and create our own meaning.
Syne Offline
God doesn't allow evil. God allows free will, and moral agents then choose to do evil.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote:There is only random and determined events
That's about as carefully written a line as can be. What can be surmised by such purposeful prose? That God is only responsible for the good events? This despite the possibility  randomness could be written into the.program.. Not IMHO unusual for.anyone who sees a hypocritical or contradictory statement on the horizon. Made my day.although I've seen similarly quoted lines before.
Magical Realist Offline
(Jun 17, 2018 01:13 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
Quote:There is only random and determined events
That's about as carefully written a line as can be. What can be surmised by such purposeful prose? That God is only responsible for the good events? This despite the possibility  randomness could be written into the.program.. Not IMHO unusual for.anyone who sees a hypocritical or contradictory statement on the horizon. Made my day.although I've  seen similarly quoted lines before.

Here's the whole sentence. Cherry picking phrases out of context does tend to get confusing..

"There is only random and determined events that have no purpose or meaning beyond just happening."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The last in the line of defense against evil Ostronomos 2 120 Dec 17, 2022 12:43 AM
Last Post: Ostronomos
  My response to "Special Pleading and the Problem of Evil" Ostronomos 13 426 Jul 6, 2021 12:24 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Why students are fleeing the humanities + If God is dead, your time is everything C C 0 282 Jun 1, 2019 02:33 AM
Last Post: C C
  Evil Defined Ostronomos 0 215 May 6, 2018 07:25 PM
Last Post: Ostronomos