Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reality is the Set of All things That Exist

Ostronomos Offline
God is G and R is reality.

G = R due to the above statement (in the title).

G ϵ R and R ϵ G (this denotes the reflexivity between G and R).

If R ϵ G (If reality is an element of God)

then G ϵ R (then God is an element of reality.)

R ϵ R (reality is an element of reality since it is none other than itself)

Therefore G = R.
Ostronomos Offline
Every set is a subset of the universal set:

A ⊆ U.

Reality is the subset as well as the powerset of itself:

R ⊆ R(S).
Syne Offline
(May 8, 2018 09:14 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I dunno.....could be nothing.

I think you're right.
Ostronomos Offline
(May 8, 2018 10:13 PM)Syne Wrote:

I think you're right.

You're both wrong.
Zinjanthropos Offline
If the positive energy of the universe as matter is equally matched by the negative energy of gravity then total energy of universe equals zero, some hypothesis if I remember correctly. The total energy of nothing would also equal that of the universe in this case I suspect. So if I add up all the yins & yangs I still get nothing. 

So I guess my question would be: if there's a God then should there be an anti-God? Ostro, if you could prove there's an anti-God then surely God must exist. Wonder which one is easiest to prove and how would one tell the difference?
Syne Offline
(May 8, 2018 11:20 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: If the positive energy of the universe as matter is equally matched by the negative energy of gravity then total energy of universe equals zero, some hypothesis if I remember correctly. The total energy of nothing would also equal that of the universe in this case I suspect. So if I add up all the yins & yangs I still get nothing. 
Yep: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe
Quote:So I guess my question would be: if there's a God then should there be an anti-God? Ostro, if you could prove there's an anti-God then surely God must exist. Wonder which one is easiest to prove and how would one tell the difference?

Or just like the universe equals nothing, so does god.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(May 8, 2018 10:38 PM)Ostronomos Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 10:13 PM)Syne Wrote:

I think you're right.

You're both wrong.

Right minus wrong = nuttin'. Existence in neutral? 

I see one problem at least. What about time, is there a reverse time going on to counter the forward direction?
Syne Offline
(May 9, 2018 01:48 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I see one problem at least. What about time, is there a reverse time going on to counter the forward direction?

Time only contributes to total energy of the universe by making organized energy disorganized, through entropy.
But it's the same quantity of energy, as per the conservation of energy.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(May 9, 2018 02:39 AM)Syne Wrote:
(May 9, 2018 01:48 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I see one problem at least. What about time, is there a reverse time going on to counter the forward direction?

Time only contributes to total energy of the universe by making organized energy disorganized, through entropy.
But it's the same quantity of energy, as per the conservation of energy.

Thanks Syne. Never thought of it.that way. I feel I've derailed Ostro's thread a bit. I think he likes.the God proving questions so I'm going to ask some.

I think the limit of  God's knowledge needs to be established first.

Ostro, doesn't.matter how an omniscient being pops.into existence but why would it create anything?  If it's  all knowing then i think you're trying to prove the existence of something that really doesn't need you, as harsh as that sounds.  Proving God would be an exercise in futility, no?

From what I understand, you've proven God or believe.someone else has and you've also experienced close encounters with the divine. As a created being and because of what you hold.to be true,  does God know everything? 

I suppose it's OK to believe that a thought needs to prove the thinker and that one can deploy many measures to accomplish the task. If God is not.omniscient then does he/she/it qualify for.divine status and worthy of your efforts? Maybe you should be looking outside the metaphysical.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How our reality may be a sum of all possible realities C C 0 63 Feb 7, 2023 04:45 PM
Last Post: C C
  God in all things Ostronomos 13 430 Sep 5, 2022 04:28 PM
Last Post: Ostronomos
  All things point to ultimate reality Ostronomos 1 85 Feb 9, 2022 09:37 PM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Virtual reality is reality, too (Chalmers) + Interview with Karl Marx + A bias bias C C 0 100 Jan 13, 2022 01:00 AM
  Being as the primary characteristic of all things Ostronomos 3 433 Jan 13, 2020 12:58 AM
  Since reality is self-creative, we created reality before it creates us and vice vers Ostronomos 2 359 Oct 9, 2019 09:34 PM
  Feminists never bought the idea of a mind set free from its body C C 3 431 Jun 10, 2019 06:00 PM
  In order to exist, Reality must be free of Paradox Ostronomos 2 571 Jul 28, 2018 02:44 PM
  All mathematical points have the same reality Ostronomos 2 447 Dec 29, 2017 10:29 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  How Philippa Foot set her mind against prevailing moral philosophy C C 1 401 Dec 6, 2017 04:07 AM
Last Post: Syne