Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Homemade alcohol stoves + How to save a vintage Mac from the trash (sort of)

C C Offline
Homemade alcohol stoves
http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade...ol-Stoves/

EXCERPT: I found that the alcohol stove was very useful for backpackers because it's compact and portable. I've seen lots of instructables here and videos in youtube on how to make one. I started to make one myself because I found it interesting how it works; and I keep on tweeking until I found what suits my needs for it. It is very useful not only for backpackers and campers, it is very useful for home use, too. Especially in time of emergency situations when you run out of LPG fuel to run your stove during strong typhoons, when powergrid is down and you don't have a choice but to use stove, using charcoal or woods in which you normally do on outdoor only. And I found that using alcohol stove is the best way to go in time of situations like this. That's how it caused me to build one myself and I want to share it here....

This Vintage Macintosh Was Saved from the Trash (Sort Of)
http://makezine.com/2016/02/07/mac-saved-trash-sorta/

EXCERPT: Over a decade ago Nathan Pryor was able to score some old and broken Mac computers from a school surplus sale. He knew he wanted to build something out of them, but he didn’t know what. He just didn’t want them to end up in the trash. Many years later, and with some irony, he’s turned one of them into something useful: a trash bin.

“[The computers] sat in my attic until I had to move. Then, when I saw them stacked in my office waiting for a new location in which to gather dust, it struck me that they looked like a trash bin — the kind with the swinging door on the top. So that’s what it had to be” Pryor said, explaining the inspiration behind the project. Pryor posted a little bit about his process on reddit, and added a more detailed posting on his personal website....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY: Homemade schnitzel + Super survival food (WWB: Vanessa Blank) C C 0 131 Oct 17, 2022 05:24 AM
Last Post: C C
  Save energy, Use a thermos flask. stryder 2 90 Jul 27, 2022 10:36 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Will CPR save your life? Probably not + Catch big carp with DIY trap C C 0 124 Jul 17, 2020 10:13 PM
  Best material for homemade face masks may be a combination of two fabrics (DIY masks) C C 0 425 Apr 25, 2020 03:58 PM
  Flat-Earther to launch himself again in homemade rocket Sunday (DIY astronaut) C C 10 654 Aug 20, 2019 12:44 AM
  DIY: Man to soar in homemade rocket to prove Earth is flat C C 1 433 Mar 26, 2018 03:39 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  The 5 Best Ways to Store Delicious Homemade Bread C C 0 392 Nov 22, 2017 05:20 AM
  Build a custom electric guitar + Homemade Car De-Icer + Acoustic tractor beam C C 0 576 Jan 7, 2017 08:18 AM