Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The unscientific "Scientific American" + "Washington Post" caters to past lives

C C Offline
"Washington Post" caters to past lives of children
https://theness.com/neurologicablog/wash...ast-lives/

INTRO: Generally speaking the mainstream media does a terrible job of reporting anything in the realm of pseudoscience or the paranormal. The Washington Post’s recent article on children who apparently remember their past lives is no exception. Journalists generally don’t have the background or skill set necessary to deal with these often complex topics. They also don’t seem to care... (MORE - details)

The unscientific "Scientific American"
https://www.city-journal.org/article/uns...can?skip=1

Science journalism surrenders to [radical] progressive ideology.

EXCERPTS: Michael Shermer got his first clue that things were changing at Scientific American in late 2018. The author had been writing his “Skeptic” column for the magazine since 2001. [...] “I started to see the writing on the wall toward the end of my run there,” Shermer told me. “I saw I was being slowly nudged away from certain topics.”

[...] Shermer dug his grave deeper by quoting Manhattan Institute fellow Heather Mac Donald and "The Coddling of the American Mind" authors Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt, who argue that the rise of identity-group politics undermines the goal of equal rights for all...

[...] Today’s journalistic failings don’t owe simply to lazy reporting or a weakness for sensationalism but to a sweeping and increasingly pervasive worldview. It is hard to put a single name on this sprawling ideology. It has its roots both in radical 1960s critiques of capitalism and in the late-twentieth-century postmodern movement that sought to “problematize” notions of objective truth.... (MORE - details)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Scientific American proposes policing the language of astronomy C C 1 88 Jan 10, 2024 04:09 AM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Article "Scientific American" is back to distorting the facts to buttress its ideology C C 1 102 Oct 26, 2023 11:48 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Article My letter to the "Washington Post" on race + SC research damaged by retractions C C 0 93 Oct 23, 2023 05:09 PM
Last Post: C C
  Article Once again, Scientific American ideology distorts science: "Animal sex is not binary" C C 0 57 May 19, 2023 02:05 PM
  Scientific American finds SETI racist & colonialist + Fat acceptance movement (Maher) C C 2 143 Aug 14, 2022 11:01 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Aaronson: demise of Scientific American + Richard Dawkins on race & sex controversy C C 0 93 Jan 6, 2022 06:13 PM
  'Woke' Scientific American goes anti-GMO + SciAm's hit job on E.O. Wilson C C 1 88 Jan 1, 2022 02:18 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Michael Shermer documents the decline and fall of Scientific American C C 0 83 Nov 19, 2021 07:07 PM
  Scientific American (and math) go full woke C C 2 153 Aug 31, 2021 04:19 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  Med schools now denying biological sex + Stanford caters to myths of organic ag C C 0 107 Jul 28, 2021 04:37 PM