Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dementia with Lewy bodies

elte Offline
This article reminded me of Robin Williams.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-10-st...ments.html

"Neural stem cells transplanted into damaged brain sites in mice dramatically improved both motor and cognitive impairments associated with dementia with Lewy bodies, according to University of California, Irvine neurobiologists with the Sue & Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center and the Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders."
C C Offline
(Oct 16, 2015 04:38 PM)elte Wrote: This article reminded me of Robin Williams.

I had forgotten about that being uncovered as maybe the root source of that tragic, quadruple whammy of Parkinson's, depression, paranoia, and hallucinations. A shame that after David Carradine's demise, every celebrity hanging seems to now involve authorities having to ask family and friends about practices that could lead to accidental asphyxiation.
elte Offline
That brings back my memory of the show Kung Fu. I wonder if foul play was involved in the actor's death.
C C Offline
(Oct 19, 2015 02:18 AM)elte Wrote: That brings back my memory of the show Kung Fu.

Hubby sometimes watches it on one of those vintage channels called H&I (Heroes and Icons). I was surprised that it had been converted to widescreen / hi-def. Surprised from the standpoint that there are other old shows from the same era -- that lasted more years and had better ratings -- that are still in their original SDTV format. But though Kung Fu only survived 3 seasons and 63 episodes, I guess it became one of those revered cult-classics like Star Trek, as well as receiving a favorable nod from critics back then.

Even setting aside such priority treatment due to special status, it may not be possible to convert some retro series into widescreen if the film they used only had the 4:3 ratio of the bygone TV sets; or the original wider film footage no longer exists.

Of course, the videotaped shows are completely out of the ballgame. Barring some artificial intelligence and CGI miracle in the future (that I can't even imagine) creatively and realistically adding not just more detailed lines of pixels but also expanded, simulated scenery to the sides which blend in flawlessly. Sounds like too herculean and technological an effort to justify enhancing old comedies, game shows, soaps, etc (no matter how historically significant some might be).

Quote:I wonder if foul play was involved in the actor's death.

Last I heard, it's still the official conclusion that Carradine accidentally killed himself via one of the least flattering activities in terms of public disclosure. But doubtless there are some fans, friends, and family members that yet feel otherwise that it was made to look that way by some culprit. Certainly wouldn't be the first martial-arts related conspiracy: Bruce Lee is actually still secretly alive, like Elvis. Wink
elte Offline
Bruce Lee had another very strange circumstance associated with his death.  It just seemed so unlucky.  Is the story that we got actually what really happened?

I can imagine them converting standard to high def by using  artificial intelligence.  Maybe it wouldn't matter if a bit of realism was lost so long as the presentation is intentionally fiction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Early onset dementia Magical Realist 4 55 Mar 20, 2024 10:45 PM
Last Post: stryder
  Daily multivitamin reduces risk for dementia Magical Realist 4 209 Sep 16, 2022 01:42 AM
Last Post: confused2
  COVID surge pushing more mandates + Too much coffee shrinks brain, raises dementia ri C C 5 182 Jul 28, 2021 01:46 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Dementia link to narrow, junk diets + Coffee makes you more sensitive to sweetness C C 0 247 Apr 22, 2020 05:32 AM
Last Post: C C
  No Evidence of Canola Oil Causing Alzheimer’s & Dementia + Human race has peaked C C 0 405 Dec 12, 2017 03:45 AM
  Blood thinning drugs reduce dementia risk by 48% Magical Realist 4 1,528 Oct 30, 2017 08:24 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Thin white line of future drug control & ‘O’ blood might protect against dementia C C 0 668 Jun 6, 2015 05:31 AM