Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make Use Of Your Customer's Reptilian Brain (application of info)

C C Offline
http://www.neurosciencemarketing.com/blo...rain-2.htm

EXCERPT: In creating marketing material for your brand or product, you may be asking, “What drives a customer to buy?” and “What initially draws their attention?”

[...] Although the Triune Brain theory is sometimes controversial as experts argue about it’s accuracy [...] the theory provides a helpful, simplified view of how the brain reacts to stimuli [...] The reptilian region is the brain’s attention gatekeeper and decision maker. If you can grab the attention of a consumer’s reptilian brain [...] you’ve got a much better chance of guiding them to conversion. Fortunately, there are specific techniques you can use to make your value proposition communicate directly to this region and give you the edge in engaging your audience from the start.

[...] The reptilian brain is more concerned with avoiding pain as a means of survival, than it is with gaining pleasure. As a result, talking about the direct benefits of your product will not immediately grab people at first.

[...] Since it is strictly responsible for its own survival, the consumer’s reptilian brain will be more likely to be attentive if you’re talking about its favorite subject: itself.

[...] Contrast is understood by the reptilian brain extremely easily. Easily understood messages will be more likely to be rewarded with attention. It will also speed up the decision making process.

[...] The reptilian brain only understands a few words at most. [...] this means you’ve got to be creative with how you communicate in order to persuade the reptilian portion to invest the rest of the brain’s energy on you....
Magical Realist Offline
A cadillac commercial is aimed at the snakey side of people. It's about territory, and display, and power. "Look at me in my sleek metallic skin. Don't get too close now. I'm dangerous and on the prowl. I have sensors that tell me who is near. I can see in the dark. Don't get in my way. I own the highway. I am the lone stealth predator."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Energy info matters more than ever - it’s time to reform the IEA (data integrity) C C 0 63 Jan 17, 2024 06:30 PM
Last Post: C C
  Wage inequality impacts customer satisfaction, does not improve long-term performance C C 0 103 Jul 7, 2021 09:21 PM
  Teens may be more likely to use marijuana after adult recreational use legalized C C 4 212 Feb 16, 2021 10:57 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Numbers: Could Cell Phone Use Cause Brain Cancer? C C 0 841 Nov 14, 2014 05:09 AM