Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trump voted worst president in history

Magical Realist Online
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/20/politics/...index.html

Poll of the week: A new Fox News poll finds that 42% of voters say history will remember President Donald Trump as one of the worst presidents ever.

An additional 8% say he will be remembered as below average, while 22% say one of the greatest, 16% say above average and 10% say below average.

What's the point: With the Trump presidency coming to a close, historians and Americans alike are starting to put Trump in historical perspective. How they think of him now versus in a few years may change.

Still, it's very clear that historians and a lot of voters believe history will remember Trump as one of the worst ever, while a not insignificant amount will see him as one of the best ever.

Pollsters have been asking Americans about how history will take stock of different presidents at the end of their presidencies since Gerald Ford.

No president has garnered as many strongly negative feelings as Trump. The only president who came even close to getting as many low ratings (in a five-category question) was George W. Bush in a Gallup poll at the end of his presidency; 36% said he would go down as a "poor" president."
C C Offline
(Dec 21, 2020 01:21 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/20/politics/...index.html

[...] No president has garnered as many strongly negative feelings as Trump. The only president who came even close to getting as many low ratings (in a five-category question) was George W. Bush in a Gallup poll at the end of his presidency; 36% said he would go down as a "poor" president."

Vaguely remember some headline weeks (or months?) ago about history's opinion of Bush even rising in value due to Trump contrast. But for all intents and purposes, 'twould be just another fluctuating emotional product of the unreliable academic world of today.

There’s Probably Never Going To Be A USS ‘Donald J. Trump’
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/20...d-j-trump/

Though recent and future POTUS may largely all experience a drought in the above regard.
Leigha Offline
I wonder if this would have been the case had Covid not occurred? It seems that most people who are surveyed, mainly loathe Trump over his mishandling (or perceived mishandling) of the pandemic. Many on the left disliked him before Covid, but he lost support from the Republicans over Covid.
Magical Realist Online
I hated Trump even before he ran for president. His leading the birther movement against Obama and his trollish tweets told me everything I needed to know about this prick. And the campaign and following 4 years have confirmed everything I had concluded about him. So his failures in handling the covid pandemic didn't really phase me. It was just more of the usual incompetence and idiocy I had learned to expect from him.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Why politics bring out the worst in us C C 3 77 Feb 9, 2024 10:53 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Worst regulation ever? Congress mandated "stupid", USDA complied C C 0 72 May 30, 2021 02:32 AM
Last Post: C C
  Microsoft president: Orwell’s 1984 could happen in 2024 C C 0 84 May 27, 2021 03:58 AM
Last Post: C C
  Can President Trump be impeached after he leaves office? Leigha 10 376 Jan 11, 2021 09:16 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Trump voted worse president in history Magical Realist 0 93 Dec 21, 2020 01:18 AM
  President Moron repeats lie about masks three times Magical Realist 34 998 Oct 21, 2020 12:54 AM
  President Moron repeats lie about masks three times Magical Realist 0 97 Oct 18, 2020 06:57 AM
  President Dumbass retweets bizarre QAnon conspiracy theory Magical Realist 10 393 Oct 18, 2020 02:45 AM
  President Manbaby storms out of news conference Magical Realist 2 306 May 13, 2020 07:36 AM
  Voted Today Zinjanthropos 2 211 Oct 22, 2019 03:35 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos