Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reporting of Covid

Zinjanthropos Offline
Someone once told me that the world is the dinner plate for micro-organisms. That menu includes us, all flora & fauna and even something as exotic as nuclear waste. I mean, COVID is nothing new as far as pandemic history is concerned. Nature is repeating itself and in the process living things die. Evolution is for real folks and it’s only a matter of time before another pandemic takes a shot at culling the surface population. 

What I’m hinting at is that we don’t hear the harsh scientific reality being reported in the news. It may sound callous but shouldn’t everyone know what’s actually happening scientifically even though the truth may be upsetting?
Syne Offline
Well, just look at SS's response to me saying just that:

(Nov 23, 2020 12:48 AM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
(Nov 22, 2020 11:25 PM)Syne Wrote: For all the, often disingenuous, talk of following the science, you'd think more people could resign themselves to accepting things like Covid and autoantibodies as crucial to natural selection. Humans have been so successful for so long that we've been able to protect the survival of the "less fit", very often keeping them in the gene pool. As such, we may have unintentionally bred these very weaknesses, and nature may be catching up.

Good thing Syne isn't in charge. We'd all be saying our last goodbyes to our parents and grandparents.

Geez, what’s wrong with you? Is the loss of the election getting to you? You probably have a few genetic defects yourself, little guy.

We search for cures, deary, because we’re predisposed to act cooperatively, remember? And "Fit" doesn’t mean physically fit. We’re going to have a vaccine soon and autoantibodies provide you with the first line of defense. They're useful in the removal of cell debris and contribute to the homeostasis of the immune system. They’re the unsung heroes of our immune system.

We'll see if she has the intellectual honesty to come down on you as hard.
Zinjanthropos Offline
That’s fine. Just thinking a more educated listening audience might take some air out of a conspiracy theorist’s balloon. I see it as an opportunity missed by science. My mother, 85 yrs old, is well aware of nature’s pitfalls and thinks anyone who isn’t is lessening their odds of survival....see where I get it from...lol. She told me that we are extremely lucky that Covid is primarily killing older negatively pre-disposed people. Is the real truth about how nature works upsetting?

What’s more of a shock factor or drives home the truth more .... riotous mobs of anti maskers/vaxxers or carts full of disease ravaged dead people being paraded to a communal burying site/mass grave?
Syne Offline
Where have you seen "riotous mobs of anti maskers"?
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Dec 9, 2020 10:05 PM)Syne Wrote: Where have you seen "riotous mobs of anti maskers"?

Never said I did. Maybe I should have said ‘if it comes to pass’. Is protesters more palatable?
Leigha Offline
Recently on CNN, they reported that Covid is now the number one cause of death in the US. Do you guys believe that? Covid may contribute to deaths with people who have preexisting conditions, but Covid standing alone, being the number one killer in otherwise healthy people? Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical on that info.

One of my friends said that she went to get a Covid test a few months back, filled out paperwork, but didn't want to wait in line. So, she didn't get tested. She received a positive result in the mail about a week later. She was irate. So, I don't believe we're receiving the entire truth from the MSM when it comes to Covid stats. That's very alarming, to me.

No one is dying from cancer, car accidents and drug overdoses anymore? If someone is rushed to the hospital for reasons outside of Covid (let's say cardiac arrest due to a drug overdose), and tests positive for Covid whilst already in the hospital, then dies...I'd like to know how they're reporting that cause of death.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Dec 9, 2020 10:31 PM)Leigha Wrote: Recently on CNN, they reported that Covid is now the number one cause of death in the US. Do you guys believe that? Covid may contribute to preexisting conditions, but Covid standing alone, being the number one killer in otherwise healthy people? Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical on that info.

Before Covid did they always announce a leading cause of death in America. Personally I don’t believe anything from CNN. Big Grin
Leigha Offline
(Dec 9, 2020 10:34 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2020 10:31 PM)Leigha Wrote: Recently on CNN, they reported that Covid is now the number one cause of death in the US. Do you guys believe that? Covid may contribute to preexisting conditions, but Covid standing alone, being the number one killer in otherwise healthy people? Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical on that info.

Before Covid did they always announce a leading cause of death in America. Personally I don’t believe anything from CNN. Big Grin

Lol I know, CNN isn’t the best for reporting facts but it’s interesting that this message is being pushed at all. And yes, heart disease as a “leading cause of death” for example, has been mentioned in the past. Now, it’s Covid. I believe Covid should be taken seriously but I don’t believe that it’s a leading cause of death in otherwise healthy people.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Dec 9, 2020 10:45 PM)Leigha Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2020 10:34 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:

Lol I know, CNN isn’t the best for reporting facts but it’s interesting that this message is being pushed at all. And yes, heart disease as a “leading cause of death” for example, has been mentioned in the past. Now, it’s Covid. I believe Covid should be taken seriously but I don’t believe that it’s a leading cause of death in otherwise healthy people.

How about death by symptoms arising from Covid? Big Grin
Syne Offline
(Dec 9, 2020 10:21 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2020 10:05 PM)Syne Wrote: Where have you seen "riotous mobs of anti maskers"?

Never said I did. Maybe I should have said ‘if it comes to pass’. Is protesters more palatable?
Yeah, protesters are fine. Big difference between actual peaceful protesters and rioters.

(Dec 9, 2020 10:31 PM)Leigha Wrote: Recently on CNN, they reported that Covid is now the number one cause of death in the US. Do you guys believe that? Covid may contribute to deaths with people who have preexisting conditions, but Covid standing alone, being the number one killer in otherwise healthy people? Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical on that info.

One of my friends said that she went to get a Covid test a few months back, filled out paperwork, but didn't want to wait in line. So, she didn't get tested. She received a positive result in the mail about a week later. She was irate. So, I don't believe we're receiving the entire truth from the MSM when it comes to Covid stats. That's very alarming, to me.

No one is dying from cancer, car accidents and drug overdoses anymore? If someone is rushed to the hospital for reasons outside of Covid (let's say cardiac arrest due to a drug overdose), and tests positive for Covid whilst already in the hospital, then dies...I'd like to know how they're reporting that cause of death.

I don't know if CNN made it clear, but Covid is only the leading cause of death "this week". That doesn't tell us much about the whole year.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congress hearing on May 17 to explore reducing stigma of pilots reporting UFOs C C 0 53 May 11, 2022 08:07 PM
Last Post: C C