Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 signs of evolution on your own body

C C Offline
Creationist apologetics for sloppy body design: "Oh Magoo, you've done it again!"
Zinjanthropos Offline
Would diminished sense of smell indicate evolution has taken place? How about baldness in men or facial hair for women?
Syne Offline
(Sep 30, 2020 04:10 AM)C C Wrote: Creationist apologetics for sloppy body design: "Oh Magoo, you've done it again!"

Creationism and evolution are not at odds.
Magical Realist Offline
Yep..still need the great invisible Sky Daddy to wave his magic wand over the earth to make life and evolution happen.
Syne Offline
You do realize that terms like "Sky Daddy" would only have negative connotation for those who don't believe in a literal god in the heavens, right? And for every other believer, it's just a complete straw man. But, I guess, atheists need to vent their spleen any little way they can manage. All that anger at a purportedly mythical god. 9_9

And while I think evidence of abigenesis is a possibility to falsify mu belief, very few atheists seem to admit any evidence that would falsify their own belief in abiogenesis.
Magical Realist Offline
I don't care if it's an insult or not. It's an accurate depiction of how many theists use God as a psychological crutch for dealing with insecurity and loneliness. As a result, they often don't grow up and learn to be insightful and adaptable human beings.
Syne Offline
Really? Even though studies have shown religious believers report higher happiness, lower rates of depression, and longer lifespans? That sounds like pretty good adaptability to me. What's not good adaptation is depression self-medicated with drugs, alcohol, and unsafe lifestyle choices. You know, over insecurities with something as basic as one's own identity. It takes a good deal of personal insight to develop better coping mechanisms.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FDA votes against Pfizer booster for general public + Grow & eat your own vaccines? C C 3 202 Sep 19, 2021 03:16 AM
Last Post: Leigha
  Signs of B12 deficiency on your lips + Nazis dosed soldiers with 'Superdrug' C C 1 257 Jul 10, 2019 01:58 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  Should female body parts be renamed? + Breast cancer killed by woman's own immune sys C C 1 400 Jun 5, 2018 06:15 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Why you're stiff in the morning: Your body suppresses inflammation when you sleep C C 0 554 Aug 6, 2016 09:34 PM
Last Post: C C
  Your body's most sensitive organ Magical Realist 0 476 Oct 12, 2015 12:14 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist