Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UKTV's "We Hunt Together": Anybody watched it? (television hobbies)

C C Offline
Apparently it's on Showtime in the US.

I've variously seen this "thriller" referred to as an interracial update of Bonnie & Clyde, "Natural Born Killers" UK style, an alternative to "Killing Eve", etc (which indicates it might get tiresome if it goes beyond one season). Other than that, I don't know what it's about. There's this from UKTV:

"Freddy (Hermione Corfield) is magnetic, highly intelligent, disarmingly charming... and she might just be a psychopath. Baba (Dipo Ola), on the other hand, is vulnerable, compassionate yet damaged, and a former child soldier, whose chance encounter with Freddy turns his world upside down. He's desperate to suppress his predisposition for extreme violence, but the pair's lust for each other takes over and creates a truly deadly duo."

I don't know... This "charming serial killer or assassin" stuff has been going on at least since Dexter debuted in 2006 (if not before). At least Dexter had a fragile conscience and primarily whacked other serial killers. I don't feel I could stomach yet another cutesy, skilled, "high-functioning sociopath" homicidal blonde (if that what's Corfield is going as -- oh, maybe it's brunette) who's a rip-off on the genius side of Alice Morgan. Who in turn was a gender-flipping of Dexter (same last name).
Syne Offline
Yeah, I'm never down for outright murderous protagonists. A step far too far in the trend of lionizing criminals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solution to doping in sports + How the buzz of dancing and sports bonds us together C C 0 948 Jul 25, 2016 04:01 AM
Last Post: C C