Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mystery seed packets ship to homes. Prof warns: Do not plant them (Marxist terrorism)

C C Offline
Business Insider (excerpt): At least 27 states have reported finding mysterious shipments of seeds from China. The USDA on Tuesday warned people against planting the potentially invasive or harmful specimens. A scientist told The New York Times that in addition to invasive species, the seeds could contain pathogens or insects. [...] The agency also said the packages were likely a "brushing scam," in which consumers are sent packages and a company then forges positive reviews of the products. ... But they could also quickly become an ecological disaster. (MORE - details)

New York Times (excerpt): Officials in at least 27 states [...] have issued statements in recent days, noting that residents had reported receiving packages of seeds in the mail that they had not ordered. Based on photos, the seeds appear to have been mailed in white pouches displaying Chinese lettering and the words “China Post,” though photos released by the Ohio Department of Agriculture show that seeds have also been sent in yellow envelopes. Some of the packages were labeled to say they contained jewelry, according to the Kansas Department of Agriculture. The Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry reported that some of the packages were labeled to say they contained earbuds or toys... (MORE - details)
confused2 Offline
One Twitter user reports..

wing wednesday
@goobgoobgoo
Replying to
@WSDAgov
and
@USDA_APHIS
I planted them. I watered them. I cared for them. I brewed their azure leaves into a bitter tea and drank it. I am more than a man now. My 5th eye is open. My second heart beats to the ancient rhythm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientists want you—yes, *you*—to help them track cicada orgies (data acquistion) C C 0 167 May 2, 2021 06:23 PM
Last Post: C C
  Humans have started 97% of wildfires that threaten U.S. homes since 1992 C C 0 125 Sep 13, 2020 03:18 AM
  N95 masks have been leaving during pandemic when we needed them most (data) C C 0 160 Apr 6, 2020 07:30 AM
  Brexit: poll gives boost to Scottish independence + US can't afford homes in 70% of c C C 1 395 Mar 28, 2019 11:46 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Nearly half of all US homes will own a smart speaker by end of year, data projects C C 0 378 Sep 12, 2018 03:02 AM
  Homes in Wealthier Neighborhoods Tend to Have More Bugs C C 0 468 Aug 5, 2016 04:29 AM