Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deep breathing

Magical Realist Offline
I was practicing deep diaphragmic breathing last night while watching SNL, and by that I mean for a period of like 15 minutes, and began to experience the most relaxed yet energized state. I figure I had probably doubled the normal oxygen intake to my blood, and was very impressed with the results. The effect compared to taking an a antipdepressant! What a simple tool for improving one's mood or dissolving stress and bad emotions. Try it for yourself. Websites explain that such breathing activates your parasympathetic nervous system--the natural relaxing program etched into our brains. Lot's of new age speculation about rhythms and energies and chakras, but I suspect it has mainly to do with just richly oxygenating your entire body and brain. We're not used to such breathing. Normally we breath shallow, filling only the upper part of our lungs and never exposing the lower parts. These deep breaths felt like I was purging residual CO2 from my system. Try it. You'll be amazed at the effects. (Synchronistically Rhianna sings a song on SNL called American Oxygen about breathing in and out!).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breathing can affect the cleansing of the brain + Choline & Alzheimer's prevention C C 0 220 Sep 28, 2019 05:12 AM
Last Post: C C
  Rhythmic breathing and emotional memory Magical Realist 1 350 Dec 19, 2016 10:01 PM
Last Post: C C