Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panic disorder

Magical Realist Online
"Panic disorder affects about 2.4 million adult Americans. Panic disorder most often begins during late adolescence and early adulthood. It is twice as common in women as in men."====http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide...c-disorder

I don't have this disorder that I know of, but I attend a weekly meet-up with members who do have it. I was totally unaware of it. It was described by one as the absolute terror of seeing a bus coming right at you, only it lasting for like 30 minutes for no reason at all. I asked if panic attacks are thought related, and they seem to be so for some while not so for others. There appears to be no known cure for it, though antidepressants help some. So the next time you see someone reacting strangely, hyperactive and wideeyed and hyperventilating, just know that this condition exists. and have some empathy.

[Image: how_to_stop_panic_attacks.jpg]
[Image: how_to_stop_panic_attacks.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The overdiagnosis of bipolar disorder Magical Realist 1 94 Sep 15, 2023 03:08 AM
Last Post: C C
  Is it Seasonal Affective Disorder? Magical Realist 1 247 Dec 30, 2019 02:36 AM
  Study suggests Alzheimer's is a double-prion disorder, may lead to new treatments C C 1 479 May 3, 2019 08:28 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  4 Signs Of A Machiavellian Personality Disorder C C 0 440 Aug 27, 2018 06:13 PM
  Prenatal exposure to maternal fever raised odds of autism spectrum disorder by 40% C C 1 399 Jun 14, 2017 03:21 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Sleep disorder related to schizophrenia Magical Realist 0 500 Oct 18, 2016 05:35 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Intermittent explosive disorder Magical Realist 4 866 Oct 1, 2016 06:48 PM
Last Post: scheherazade