Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

31 questions & answers about COVID-19 + CDC: Youth are susceptible to serious illness

C C Offline
31 questions and answers about COVID-19
https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/A-coronavirus-AMA

INTRO (Bill Gates): Yesterday I did a Reddit Ask Me Anything session on COVID-19. As usual, Redditors asked a lot of smart questions, and it was a great opportunity to have a fact-based discussion about this pandemic and what we can do to prevent the next one. (And as I mentioned in this exchange, it’s nice to have so many positive interactions in such an uncertain time.)

Below is a transcript of all the questions I could get to (lightly edited for length), along with my answers. I’ll be sharing more about COVID-19 here on the Gates Notes and on my social channels. In the meantime, stay healthy and keep washing your hands! (MORE - details)

- - -

Bill Gates urges everyone to stay calm, because this crisis might not last as long as you think
https://bgr.com/2020/03/19/coronavirus-i...eddit-ama/

SUMMARY POINTS: Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates took to Reddit on Wednesday to share his thoughts about the coronavirus crisis in an Ask Me Anything session. He was asked a few different times how long he thinks the current status quo in the US will last, and he said that with enough testing and social distancing measures in place, we should have this almost fully under control in a couple of months.

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has famously spent the post-technology half of his career engaged in philanthropy, with global health care one of the many causes he focuses on via his charitable foundation. In fact, it was his work with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that he said he wanted to focus more on when he announced in recent days that he’s leaving the boards of Microsoft as well as Berkshire Hathaway. (MORE - details)

New CDC data shows younger people are more susceptible to getting seriously ill from the coronavirus than previously thought.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bt7firlXqu0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damar Hamlin's collapse & the inevitable mRNA vaccine questions C C 3 137 Jan 9, 2023 11:13 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Did COVID lockdowns work? + Early puberty in girls caused by lockdowns, not COVID? C C 0 121 Sep 23, 2022 05:00 AM
Last Post: C C
  Monkeypox outbreak in U.S. is bigger than the CDC reports. Testing is 'abysmal' C C 0 69 Jun 28, 2022 07:32 PM
  More youth begin recreational cannabis use illegally in states that legalize it C C 0 75 May 27, 2022 07:43 PM
  What explains our lower back pain? Anthropologists turn to Neandertals for answers C C 0 63 Mar 3, 2022 06:03 PM
  What exactly Is mass psychogenic illness? ("group-mental" versus physiological) C C 0 70 Feb 17, 2022 05:40 PM
  CDC's messaging problem highlights pandemic's uncertain future C C 1 121 Apr 7, 2021 06:12 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Transgender youth at risk for poorer heart health C C 0 94 Mar 23, 2021 11:25 PM
  Comparing the 3 Covid-19 vaccines in US + The 2nd COVID-19 shot triggers immune cells C C 1 165 Feb 4, 2021 01:11 AM
  Cannabis ads and store location influence youth marijuana use (legal rec drugs) C C 2 218 Oct 9, 2020 05:26 PM
Last Post: Ben the Donkey