Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woman's transplanted 'man hands' became lighter & more feminine over time

C C Offline
https://www.livescience.com/hand-transpl...ghten.html

EXCERPT: . . . After her accident in 2016, 18-year-old Shreya Siddanagowder's arms were amputated below the elbow. In 2017, she underwent a 13-hour transplant operation performed by a team of 20 surgeons and 16 anesthesiologists, The Indian Express reported on March 7.

Her transplanted hands came from a 21-year-old man who died after a bicycle crash. Over the next year and a half, physical therapy improved Siddanagowder's motor control of her arms and hands, which gradually became leaner than they were at the time of the transplant. But there was another unexpected change: The skin on her new limbs, which had been darker because the donor had a darker complexion, became lighter in color, so that it more closely matched Siddanagowder's skin tone...

[...] "I am the first female in the world to have male hands," Siddanagowder said in a video shared on Facebook in June 2019 ... However, her hands "have feminine features now," Siddanagowder added.

One explanation for her hands taking on a more "feminine" shape could be the muscles adapting to their new host [...] Siddanagowder's doctors are monitoring the changes in her hands' skin color and shape, and they expect to publish the details of her transplant and recovery in a case report ... more evidence will be required to understand what is driving these changes in her transplanted hands... (MORE - details)
Yazata Offline
Hormones produced by her female body having an effect on the hands?
Secular Sanity Offline
I think you’d expect them to become thinner and more feminine. Perhaps, due to hormones, activities, etc., but what surprised me was the skin color.
confused2 Offline
I'm surprised you can graft an XY onto an XX.
Zinjanthropos Online
Wonder if she feels an urge to pick up a golf club or has difficulty keeping her new hands from copping a feel of her own body?
C C Offline
(Mar 15, 2020 08:49 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Wonder if she feels an urge to pick up a golf club or has difficulty keeping her new hands from copping a feel of her own body?

At least this donor wasn't a homicidal maniac, like in the old movies.

Six films featuring evil, possessed, transplanted hands
https://imaginemdd.blogspot.com/2014/03/...essed.html

I bet some countries even have laws against using the organs and appendages of people who had felony records. Kind of like "haunted house" or other "stigmatized property" rules in real estate. It's the psychological feeling that counts, the now temporary nature of "what you don't know can't hurt you" in the information era.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Mar 15, 2020 01:29 PM)confused2 Wrote: I'm surprised you can graft an XY onto an XX.

Not me. Pop out a couple of boys and you’re most likely riddled with XY DNA. Those little varmints have been found on various organs and can even persist in a woman’s brain throughout her life. Kind of puts a whole new spin on "and they shall be one flesh," doesn’t it?

Michrochimerism

That’s probably why I’m so ornery. Half of my husband’s DNA probably invaded my head like a parasite. Come to think of it, I was sweet prior to conceiving. Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bag Full of Human Hands Found in Russia Yazata 2 403 Mar 10, 2018 08:11 PM
Last Post: stryder
  Best UFO documentary hands down Magical Realist 16 5,268 Mar 31, 2015 11:43 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  British Man Stuck in Time-Loop for 8 Years Yazata 2 1,180 Jan 21, 2015 03:32 AM
Last Post: stryder