Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Man named Grabher to appeal revocation of vanity licence plate (Canadian community)

C C Offline
https://nationalpost.com/news/grabher-to...ence-plate

EXCERPT: . . . The Nova Scotia plate, which Grabher had for nearly 30 years, was revoked in 2016 by the province’s Registrar of Motor Vehicles after the agency received a complaint from a woman who said it promoted hatred toward women.

In January, Justice Darlene Jamieson decided that licence plates are not “public spaces” with a history of free expression. [...] “This decision is not about whether Mr. Grabher’s surname is offensive –– it is not,” Jamieson wrote. “The primary function of a licence plate is not expression but is identification and regulation of vehicle ownership. A licence plate by its very nature is a private government space.”

The Calgary-based Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, which is supporting Grabher, says there is no evidence that anyone has ever committed a sexual assault because they saw Grabher’s licence plate. “The plate is an expression of the Grabher’s family pride over three generations, reflecting their German-Austrian roots and heritage,” the centre said in a statement released Monday. “There was no evidence that anyone, including the anonymous complainant, had suffered any harm as a result of the plate. There is no evidence that censoring Mr. Grabher’s name after 27 years of use on a license plate makes anyone safer.”
(MORE - details)
Zinjanthropos Offline
In Canada that's all it takes, one complaint. Some civil servant somewhere is deathly afraid of being labelled. Consensus is everyone I've heard talk about it thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, let the guy keep his plate. Still, I knew a girl in High School who's last name was Allcock, so I wonder if her family puts it out there for all to see. 

The licence plate censors missed this one, saw it on a car that passed me once....TIHZ O. Scratch your head at first but if you looked at it in your rear view mirror it appears as O SHIT ( can't type backwards Z).
C C Offline
(Mar 12, 2020 03:40 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: In Canada that's all it takes, one complaint. Some civil servant somewhere is deathly afraid of being labelled. Consensus is everyone I've heard talk about it thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, let the guy keep his plate. Still, I knew a girl in High School who's last name was Allcock, so I wonder if her family puts it out there for all to see. 

The licence plate censors missed this one, saw it on a car that passed me once....TIHZ O. Scratch your head at first but if you looked at it in your rear view mirror it appears as O SHIT ( can't type backwards Z).

Perhaps he could win the plate back by declaring himself transgender. Since the latter's status on the victimhood scale seems to have a higher rank than feminist concerns in the social justice hierarchy. (As evidenced by the negative reaction toward TERFs and their complaints, along with those in girls' sports.) Transgenderism is ironically almost a kind of back door for men to reacquire special privileges and immunities again -- if they've got the guts to go there.
confused2 Offline
I'm just seeing that when you try to protect rights you inevitably protect the rights of the asshole. Offering them A55 HOLE plates won't change them. My car was vandalised by a bunch of guys from a car with DEV 666 plates (false plates) - surprise?
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Mar 12, 2020 05:53 PM)C C Wrote:
(Mar 12, 2020 03:40 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: In Canada that's all it takes, one complaint. Some civil servant somewhere is deathly afraid of being labelled. Consensus is everyone I've heard talk about it thinks the whole thing is ridiculous, let the guy keep his plate. Still, I knew a girl in High School who's last name was Allcock, so I wonder if her family puts it out there for all to see. 

Perhaps he could win the plate back by declaring himself transgender. Since the latter's status on the victimhood scale seems to have a higher rank than feminist concerns in the social justice hierarchy. (As evidenced by the negative reaction toward TERFs and their complaints, along with those in girls' sports.) Transgenderism is ironically almost a kind of back door for men to reacquire special privileges and immunities again -- if they've got the guts to go there.

Why not? I wonder if being trans qualifies a driver for one of those handicap parking spaces? 

https://transequality.org/blog/breakthro...-dysphoria

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woman says homeless man continues to camp out on her porch (Left Coast community) C C 8 241 Nov 13, 2022 04:44 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Embattled Liberal candidate Raj Saini ends bid for re-election (Canadian community) C C 0 86 Sep 6, 2021 08:24 PM
Last Post: C C
  Man who raped dog makes passionate cry for help (zoophilia community) C C 1 206 Nov 20, 2020 11:01 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Brain-damaged man temporarily talks & walks after taking Ambien (comatose community) C C 0 102 Oct 19, 2020 11:33 PM
  Armed(?) elderly man shot after not wearing mask & hostile acts (Canadian community) C C 3 293 Jul 17, 2020 05:04 PM
  In conservation, ditch the ‘canary in the coal mine’ (Canadian wildlife community) C C 0 203 Feb 27, 2020 04:12 AM
  BoJo 'could look at' abolishing BBC licence fee + Evidence for impeachment looks thin C C 0 468 Dec 10, 2019 07:31 PM
  Trudeau's third blackface incident surfaces (Canadian community) C C 3 485 Sep 20, 2019 11:37 PM
  Disaster removed from Bird Box film + The SNC-Lavalin Affair (Canadian Community) C C 0 766 Mar 17, 2019 05:04 AM
  Huawei CFO suing Canada, its border agency & RCMP (Sino-Canadian community relations) C C 1 546 Mar 4, 2019 04:24 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos