Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rupert Bear ornament suddenly falls from shelf, no vibrations detected (wow...)

C C Offline
Has paranormal activity been caught on camera in a Norfolk café?
https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/n...-1-6300740

EXCERPT: Members of Ghosted UK were left shocked by the incident which took place as they explored Darling Darlings cat lounge in Great Yarmouth last week. A video posted by the Norfolk group on the Ghosted UK Facebook page shows a rubber Rupert Bear falling from a wooden shelf it had safely stood on for the last three months. Member of the group Tim Johnson claimed this incident wasn't the only sign there could be paranormal activity in the café.

[...] The group, which was set-up in January 2019, uses a variety of high-tech pieces of equipment to help with their investigations. ... The Ghosted UK team were joined by six guests at the event. Owner of the Darling Darlings cat lounge, Caroline Graham, was one of the guests. She said: "I was a little bit sceptical about the group going in at first but now I don't know what to think. It is clear to me that the bear didn't just fall. The following day my cats were acting strange in the café which has made me a bit more suspicious." (MORE - video)

[Image: image.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg]

Video below concerns Ghosted UK, but not incident above.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Dj37jAzpBv4
Zinjanthropos Online
Quote:It is clear to me that the bear didn't just fall. 

The ‘wow’ factor for sure. Clear as can be. Video quality indisputably sharp. Look at Rupert, arms up in the air, either getting ready for the big plunge or surrendering to unseen forces. If that video doesn’t convince you that something is going on then I don’t know what it will take. That plus cats acting weird in a cat lounge, a perfectly natural setting. The group assembled there, easy to feel they know what they’re talking about.
C C Offline
(Oct 4, 2019 09:55 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
Quote:It is clear to me that the bear didn't just fall. 

The ‘wow’ factor for sure. Clear as can be. Video quality indisputably sharp. Look at Rupert, arms up in the air, either getting ready for the big plunge or surrendering to unseen forces. If that video doesn’t convince you that something is going on then I don’t know what it will take. That plus cats acting weird in a cat lounge, a perfectly natural setting. The group assembled there, easy to feel they know what they’re talking about.

Back in the days when UK children did spend more time outdoors than prison inmates, I expect some of them formed kid clubhouses -- did Our Gang or The Goonies type stuff together.

I wonder if these paranormal organizations with late middle-age to senior members serve a similar function for aged "youngsters" of the Last of the Summer Wine ilk. These "second childhood" clubhouses provide excuses to socialize and pursue activities akin to when they were kids playing various make-believe games. The Possum Lodge of The Red Green Show or the Raccoon Lodge of Jackie Gleason's The Honeymooners would be minus the spooky element, but arguably something of the same category purpose.
Zinjanthropos Online
The pictured Gauss Meter looks like one of my granddaughter's Fisher-Price toys. Goes boo, ahoooo, aaarrrggghhhh, with footsteps and squeaky door opening sound effects depending on which lights come.

What does the magnetic field have to do with ghosts?
C C Offline
(Oct 4, 2019 09:35 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: The pictured Gauss Meter looks like one of my granddaughter's Fisher-Price toys. Goes boo, ahoooo, aaarrrggghhhh, with footsteps and squeaky door opening sound effects depending on which lights come.

What does the magnetic field have to do with ghosts?

Arguably might have started with the research claims that strong electromagnetic fields can affect the brain/body in significant ways. Including generating the feeling of a presence watching the subject. From there paranormal investigators latched onto it, especially with respect to detecting (alleging) there is EM field activity in haunted places. Either ghosts get construed as electromagnetic themselves or enthusiasts believe it's a ghost's mediating physical causal agency of choice for interacting with the world. (Additionally, maybe conceived as a possible by-product of interaction.)
stryder Offline
Great Yarmouth for is mostly a low income tourism town. So the most likely suggestion is that the sensationalism of "ghosts" and "hauntings" is really about appealing to a certain tourism audience. It's not the first place to have an alleged haunting, what was once the White Horse Inn (which is now converted into houses) had the landladies suggest they had a poltergeist. The reality was likely that the footfall to the pub itself at the time was low and such fantastical write ups in certain "ghost" publications was probably a last ditched attempt to drum up trade before they eventually capitulated to turning it to housing.

While I don't believe in hauntings myself, the town does have a history of some dark stories. Like for instance the Body Snatchers. The local St Nicholas church yard centuries ago use to have people sneaking around in the middle of the night to dig up the dead and ship the bodies to London. The illegal exhumed bodies were being sold to various universities to study human anatomy.

The town has other odd historical footnotes, like for instance passing a law where the outside doors of houses would have to open inwards. The reason for passing such a law is the town has the remains of some very thin alleys referred to as the "Rows", apparently early on there was a lot of accidents with people opening doors on people as they walk up the rows so they changed the law to stop people getting knocked out. (The Rows is also suggested to have been a muse of Charles Dickens and Great Expectations was based on the area.)

Other authors of note that also had ties to the town were Ann Sewell and Daniel Defoe. (I couldn't tell you if they saw ghosts though)

As for EM, it's theoretically possible to send a pulse to reverberate something off a shelf from a focalised dish, although a more likely method (as from a Sherlock Holmes game) just requires someone to hit on the other side of the wall hard, if noise dampening materials have been used in construction nothing would be heard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why science suddenly has a lot to say about UFOs and UAP C C 1 112 Sep 23, 2022 05:51 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  One man’s quest to investigate the mysterious "Wow!" signal C C 2 83 Aug 18, 2022 04:19 PM
Last Post: Yazata
  Famous 'alien' Wow! signal may have come from distant, sunlike star C C 0 62 May 25, 2022 10:13 PM
Last Post: C C
  Thousands of Penis-Fish Suddenly Appear on California Beach Yazata 17 1,183 Dec 17, 2019 10:04 PM
Last Post: Leigha
  "Dogman" or just a bear? Video interview of Joedy Cook C C 4 424 Nov 6, 2019 10:39 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Water Falls From Sky!! Yazata 1 516 Oct 1, 2015 07:21 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist