Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why Jane Goodall believes in Bigfoot

C C Offline
Quote:This isn’t the first time 80-year-old Goodall has publicly admitted to her belief in large, ape-like creatures such as the Yeti, Sasquatch or Bigfoot. “I'm sure that they exist,” she told an NPR reporter in an interview several years ago.

She actually told Ira Flatow that before the 2006 broadcast, after a caller brought it up in 2002: http://www.bfro.net/news/GoodallTranscript.asp
Yazata Offline
I'd like to hear her reasons.

I'm skeptical that large primates could stay out of sight so effectively. There's less and less wilderness left. Perhaps the subarctic forests of northern Canada might provide them a habitat. Siberia certainly has lots of sparsely inhabited wilderness.

But down here in the American 'lower 48?' Not so much.

My guess is that Jane Goodall loves her primates. She's passionate about them. And the idea of a large unknown hominid existing out there must speak to that, it's an idea that excites her.
Magical Realist Offline
(Apr 5, 2015 04:54 PM)Yazata Wrote: I'd like to hear her reasons.

I'm skeptical that large primates could stay out of sight so effectively. There's less and less wilderness left. Perhaps the subarctic forests of northern Canada might provide them a habitat. Siberia certainly has lots of sparsely inhabited wilderness.

But down here in the American 'lower 48?' Not so much.

My guess is that Jane Goodall loves her primates. She's passionate about them. And the idea of a large unknown hominid existing out there must speak to that, it's an idea that excites her.
While many researchers confirm Sasquatch presence in the remote forests of northern Canada, they have also been spotted in such unlikely places as east Texas, the mountains of Oklahoma, and the Appalachian mountains. I think we overeestimate the exposure of these pristine wooded areas to humans. There's just some areas too remote and rugged to accomodate campers and hunters. Places roads can't get to.  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colorado train passengers spot Bigfoot on video Magical Realist 0 90 Oct 13, 2023 09:56 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  "The Proof is Out There" analyzes the 1967 Bigfoot film: Is it is real or a hoax? C C 4 176 Dec 8, 2021 09:08 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Murder Mountain plus Bigfoot? Secular Sanity 2 167 Apr 14, 2021 06:55 PM
Last Post: C C
  Marble Mountain Bigfoot footage Magical Realist 7 433 Jan 15, 2021 04:46 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  Searching for Bigfoot in Oregon Yazata 2 445 Dec 12, 2019 02:33 AM
Last Post: C C
  How to hunt Bigfoot in Washington State Magical Realist 0 381 Aug 24, 2018 08:04 PM
  Farmer sees group of 5 Bigfoot in his orchard Magical Realist 50 4,471 May 7, 2018 03:23 AM
  Survivorman Bigfoot Magical Realist 58 9,302 Dec 28, 2017 10:21 PM
  Real Bigfoot encounters Magical Realist 2 721 May 10, 2017 06:47 PM
  Oklahoma Bigfoot sightings Magical Realist 3 1,903 Jan 19, 2017 08:47 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos