Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alpha male or not Alpha male..

stryder Offline
Quote:Alpha dogs are only that way because the Betaches let them.

A true Alpha is literally the top of a group, that's there by their own merit. Hitler to my knowledge wasn't there alone he had his crutches (people that propped him up). In fact his grand plan was just lifted from both Roman and the Holy Roman Empires, so he wasn't particular inspiring. The only way he secured pseudo-alphaness was through decimation (again a theft of Roman origin), the thing is that not everyone agree's with such methods (in fact most disagree) which pretty much undermines it being an alpha choice, as they would suffer at the hands of a Betadown. (last pun I swear).
Syne Offline
An example of a beta posturing as an alpha. Act enough like an alpha and people may follow, but to disastrous effect, due to the inherent insecurities of any beta.

A recently published book by an old friend of Hitler’s called “The Young Hitler I Knew” offers amazing insight into Hitler’s personality and early life as a romantic teenager. Evidence surfaces that Hitler was (though the author never states it outright), by disposition or by experience, a beta male with a bad case of one-itis and zero game who pedestalized women.

"Kubizek’s uncensored account throws a fascinating light on the fanatical mind of the future Fuhrer.

For it contains, for the first time, the full story of Hitler’s teenage obsession with a pretty girl called Stefanie Isak, whose surname has clear Jewish origins.

And although Hitler’s distinguished biographer Sir Ian Kershaw has rightly dismissed Hitler’s feelings for Stefanie as ‘a juvenile infatuation’, the passion with which Hitler stalked her and fantasised about kidnapping and committing suicide with her lets us glimpse the mentality of the person he was destined to become.

Furthermore, August Kubizek’s account reveals that Hitler was utterly unconcerned as to whether the girl after whom he lusted was Jewish or not."
- https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/08/...-was-beta/

confused2 Offline
I'm kind'a heading in the direction of thinking people assign 'Alpha' status to them what they admire - this makes 'Alpha' a rather subjective designation. One person's 'Alpha' may be another person's total dickhead. Without much effort I suspect one can always dismiss another person's Alpha as some kind of fraud.
C C Offline
(Aug 5, 2018 10:49 PM)confused2 Wrote: Hitler?

Hitler was a rare case of getting to go out on his own terms (as if there was much choice). Saddam lingered too long, received formal judgment and the rope. Napolean was exiled. Caesar bloodily eradicated by plotters. Stalin possibly poisoned.

Foudouko, OTOH, got a bit of everything. He was taken down by a junto of chimp underlings, but banished instead of assassinated or executed. However, he couldn't leave well enough alone and was savagely killed eventually. Then arguably cannibalized to boot.

In Rare Killing, Chimpanzees Cannibalize Former Leader
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017...m-senegal/

"A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

~
Syne Offline
No, real alphas are only considered "dickheads" by betas. And it's pretty clear that betas have an ulterior motive for doing so, even if just to make themselves feel better. People conflate alpha with "bully" simply because they don't know that a bully is only acting out their beta insecurities. Real alphas are leaders, with the ability to lead instead of intimidate.

That said, there is a pecking order, where more assertive betas do seem relatively alpha to meek betas (omega males).
confused2 Offline
Syne Wrote:That said, there is a pecking order, where more assertive betas do seem relatively alpha to meek betas (omega males).
Are you thinking of Donald Trump?
Syne Offline
(Aug 6, 2018 12:25 AM)confused2 Wrote:
Syne Wrote:That said, there is a pecking order, where more assertive betas do seem relatively alpha to meek betas (omega males).
Are you thinking of Donald Trump?

Trump does seem to display some insecurities that would classify him as a high-functioning assertive beta. Or he just enjoys trolling.
Money and power do not an alpha male make. A habit of cheating in relationships also betrays a beta scarcity.
Ben the Donkey Offline
You know, I think I might even be able to name the websites Syne has been reading.
Syne Offline
You go right ahead and try, buddy. Because if SS's attempts are any indication, you haven't a clue.