Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Wife

Secular Sanity Offline
Judge awards $8.8 million dollars.

Quote:A man who sued his wife’s lover received an eye-watering $8.8 million in compensation.

…In a civil complaint filed in April 2017, Keith King of Durham County, North Carolina accused Francisco Huizar III of San Antonio, Texas of seducing his wife away from him.

…North Carolina is one of a few states where jilted spouses can sue people for criminal conversation when the person has sex with a married person before separation, and for alienation of affection when "genuine love and affection" has been destroyed by the person.

https://www.newschamps.com/jilted-husban...-newsweek/

Genuine love?  How in the hell do you prove that?  

Um…yes, your honor, here’s a lab report showing my wife’s oxytocin levels prior to the affair.

Wow! That puts a whole new spin on, "Take my wife, please!"  Big Grin
Zinjanthropos Offline
An elaborate sting perhaps. Seems like an avenue for two good cons in NC to make a buck. Hope the kid gets a good life from it all.
C C Offline
(Jul 28, 2018 06:34 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: Judge awards $8.8 million dollars. [...] Keith King of Durham County, North Carolina [...]

Of unusual magnitude, but otherwise it may be just a sample of the real Dallas-like soap dramas transpiring in a North Carolina administrative district for years. And yet it's a defunct "Durham County" in Canada that got a TV show, merely sporting a fictional serial killer. The "Regional Municipality of Durham" being so bad a title that the creators apparently went back to the historic name that one fragment of the area had.

~
Zinjanthropos Offline
Guy has to grow up. He married the wrong gal or she married the wrong guy. Didn't work out. Suing the guy doesnt dimiinish the fact that she no longer cares for him.  "Hey buddy, court case proves you're f**ked up. Get over yourself". Then again, wish it was me.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Aug 24, 2018 10:14 PM)confused2 Wrote: Bump.

Do you have something else that you want to add to this topic, C2?  Do you want to see the video?

Do you want to know something else that’s interesting about it? You can be sued for just encouraging someone to seek a divorce.

"The defendant in an alienation of affections suit is typically an adulterous spouse's lover, although family members, counselors and therapists or clergy members who have advised a spouse to seek divorce have also been sued for alienation of affections." Alienation of Affections (wikipedia.org)
confused2 Offline
SS Wrote:Do you have something else that you want to add to this topic, C2?
No, all done thank you.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Aug 25, 2018 10:50 PM)confused2 Wrote: No, all done thank you.

No, thank you, C2. As usual, you sparked my curiousity and I dug a little deeper. One of the most interesting cases that I found was Gertrude Patterson.  Now that’s a story that could be turned into a good movie, right?

Under the doctrine of coverture, a woman was legally considered the chattel of her husband, his possession, but our social status was a step above a chattel.

"Alienation of affection and criminal conversation grew out of the belief that a husband owned his wife and was entitled to compensation for a lost property interest in her sexual fidelity. The earliest English common-law system assumed this justification through the writs of ravishment and abduction, which “allowed the wife to be listed as one of the husband’s chattels. He could use this writ to get his wife back if she was taken by force or left under her own freewill.” These early cases described the adulterous activity as the cuckolding paramour kidnapping the wife and robbing the husband, even when the underlying actions were consensual sex between the wife and paramour." [source]

Cuckold:
"The word derives from old French for a cuckoo ("cucu"). The females of some species of cuckoo lay their eggs in other birds' nests and leave them to bring up the offspring. So, with that whiff of unfaithfulness, the carefree bird gave us the word "cuckold", which came in the middle ages to mean a husband with an errant wife. But there are more subtleties in that rude gesture. The word "cuckold" also implies that the husband is unaware of his wife's infidelities. And he might only find out on the arrival of a baby - palpably not his. Which takes us back to the cuckoo."
[source]

If laws like these are still, not only on the books, but being practiced, I’m probably asking for too much, right? My expectations are too high.

You know how people are always saying that 'white male privilege' is a myth? All you really have to do is ask yourself if you’ve ever thought "I’m glad I’m not black" or "I’m glad I’m not a woman".

(Aug 24, 2018 02:19 PM)Ben the Donkey Wrote: It isn't enough to ask if we should be proud, we should also be asking why.

That’s one thing that I am grateful for.  My son may be in a dangerous area, but we've talked about it, and he knows now that he’s lucky.  What, where, when, and to whom you were born is nothing to be proud of.  It is pure luck.
confused2 Offline
Probably the wrong thread but no matter...
Let's try:-
"Are you ashamed of the way nothing other than being born a white male has automatically given you wealth and power that most humans can only dream of?".
I'll answer for myself if you wish - otherwise let it hang as ... whatever it is.
C C Offline
(Aug 26, 2018 03:13 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: [. . .] Cuckold:
"The word derives from old French for a cuckoo ("cucu"). The females of some species of cuckoo lay their eggs in other birds' nests and leave them to bring up the offspring. So, with that whiff of unfaithfulness, the carefree bird gave us the word "cuckold", which came in the middle ages to mean a husband with an errant wife. But there are more subtleties in that rude gesture. The word "cuckold" also implies that the husband is unaware of his wife's infidelities. And he might only find out on the arrival of a baby - palpably not his. Which takes us back to the cuckoo."
[source]

Nowadays, of course, being a cuckold can actually be excitatory for some of them, as long they get to watch the acts of infidelity in person or via hidden camera / recording. Sometimes degrading talk from the cheating spouse is thrown in as additional sadomasochistic kink, like making comparisons between the outer anatomy and skills of the acquired lover and the various shortcomings of the old partner.

https://www.lehmiller.com/blog/2018/3/12...cuckolding

~