Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Electricity-free terracotta air conditioner

C C Offline
Looks great for India, remote Upper Latin American regions, green morality communes & cults, or the Amish who are spending all that money on 12-volt batteries and propane-powered generators just to run an ordinary fan.

But other than an office in a flea market, mechanic's garage, airy-spaced wholesale warehouse, welding shop, etc... It would take threat of grave legal penalty just to get North Americans to replace regular air conditioning with the classic straw-filled, electric-powered evaporative coolers... Much less non-electric designs. Plus they're murder on the content of some types of condiment dispensers. ("How come there's always a solid block in your saltshakers, Aunt Alice? I have to bang them against the table just to get a bit to sprinkle out.")

~
Zinjanthropos Online
Be like convincing Westerners to use dung to fuel their baking/cooking ovens.
confused2 Offline
In the recent UK heat wave I tried pointing a fan at a sheet soaked in water - a fairly large wet area - it had no measurable effect. Without some sort of credible lab data I think the claims made for the apparatus in the OP are false (fake).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carbon capture plant in Wyoming will pull 5 million tons of CO2 from air each year C C 0 281 Sep 21, 2022 04:12 PM
Last Post: C C
  Wooden floors rotted by fungi generate electricity when walked on C C 0 164 Mar 10, 2021 11:02 PM
  Elon applies to supply UK with electricity + Self-driving vehicles benefit from virus C C 0 116 May 4, 2020 05:59 AM
  New material breaks record turning heat into electricity + New hydrogen from seawater C C 0 238 Nov 15, 2019 11:35 PM
  Artificial skin could enhance perception + Converting Wi-Fi signals to electricity C C 0 332 Jan 29, 2019 02:01 AM