Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Elon Musk Goes Crazy Again

stryder Offline
(Apr 27, 2018 03:39 AM)Yazata Wrote: "Oh btw I'm building a cyborg dragon"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/989198118666162176

http://fortune.com/2018/04/25/elon-musk-...n-twitter/

Seeing as how SpaceX's capsules are named "Dragon", I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

You could very well be onto something. It's known that inventors can be obscure about what it is they are working upon due to the concern of people copying/ripping what they are working on (this is especially true of those that are also entrepreneurs as it's all about money).

Work had previously been done on the Euro (Typhoon) fighter to integrate heads up displays (and even some BCI) to allow interfacing with the jet at speed (After all at speed the increase in mass reduces the capacity to move, so "thinking" about what needs to be done and having a system do that would greatly increase the efficiency)

The same rationality can be applied to "riding a rocket", consider that to think about pressing a button at the right time and adjust your arm motion at velocity while under G is going to greatly exaggerate the delay (in regards to responses). If a BCI was used then merely a thought would be enough to trigger a virtualised version of the button in a more proficient manner of time. Further to that a BCI could also be used to relay "feelings" as to what part of a capsule or vessel requires attention (a bit like having an itch that needs scratching) however it would take a while for a prospective pilot to become use to "feeling" their way around a vessel.

So a Capsule could very well be made "Cybernetic" by sticking people in it.
Magical Realist Offline
I think he means robot dragon. Cyborg just sounds sexier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elon Musk promotes Republican Party RainbowUnicorn 6 242 Nov 9, 2022 03:26 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn