Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Today I Found Out…

Secular Sanity Offline
Today I found out that there’s a new Taco Bell in Las Vegas.  I’m going there in a couple weeks with a huge Taco Bell fan.  I don’t really like it, but this one has alcohol.  

Taco Bell's New Vegas Club

No matter how trivial, tell me what you learned today.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Feb 27, 2017 09:08 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:
Quote:No matter how trivial, tell me what you learned today.
doctors fees in the US are around 4 times the amount of money as most other countries.

if a staff member sneezes on the food ? eewww (thats why i dont eat at such places)
open containers of food/fillings sitting there being breathed over by all the staff.

[Image: vegas-3a.jpg?la=en]
[Image: vegas-3a.jpg?la=en]

sorry you had to wait soo long we have been busy coughing and sneezing on your taco fillings for the last 45 minutes.
Magical Realist Offline
I should be there at the grand opening. I have spent more money at Taco Bell than the CEO makes in a year!
Zinjanthropos Offline
Never been inside a Taco Bell. Probably because I dislike tacos to begin with. I like their ads though, especially the ones with the little mutt.
Secular Sanity Offline
Well, I probably shouldn’t mention this, but there’s also a Puppetry of the Penis show.  I read that these two guys are pretty funny, but they both suffer from depression because their families are nuts.  Their neighbor is an asshole.  Their best friend is a pussy and they get beat all the time.  Big Grin

http://www.puppetryofthepenis.com/html_site/

I’m planning my trip, but I’m also reading up on war.

Did either of you happen to learn anything today?
Syne Offline
I learned a handful of new Spanish words today.
C C Offline
(Feb 28, 2017 03:47 AM)Secular Sanity Wrote: On a more serious note, my son is a Marine. He’s been in Middle East for close to a year now. FaceTime is nice, but it’s still tough. I really-really miss him. Today I found out why we get a lump in our throat when we’re sad.

Hope that ordeal ends sooner rather than later for both of you, and positively. The very thought of being in a situation like that caused me to check for the first time in ages if anything new has appeared on the prescription medications for insomnia front. With endorsements like this, looks like the occasional couple of melatonin capsules will remain a mainstay.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/.../index.htm
Secular Sanity Offline
(Feb 28, 2017 06:09 AM)C C Wrote: Hope that ordeal ends sooner rather than later for both of you, and positively. The very thought of being in a situation like that caused me to check for the first time in ages if anything new has appeared on the prescription medications for insomnia front. With endorsements like this, looks like the occasional couple of melatonin capsules will remain a mainstay.

Thanks, C C, but so far the odds are in my favor. Stats can be soothing at times. He’s in a special unit. I have to tell you, though, it is difficult being an atheist in the midst of it all. There's a lot of praying behind the scenes. We get briefed before each new assignment. Most of the other mothers are pretty religious. It’s hard to stomach all the "God is watching over them" crap. During our last brief, one mother was complaining to a high ranking officer, as if he was a teacher or a football coach. I was thinking to myself, sorry, lady, but we’re not in Kansas anymore.

On the way up in the elevator, I thought about asking another one about her son. She looked sad, and a little older than me, but she didn’t look up, so I kept quiet. I was really glad I didn’t say anything because on the way out, when they were dismissed for family time, we wound up in the same elevator again. They were holding hands the whole time. Now, my son will offer his arm to me, but interlocking fingers, oh, hell no. Once we were outside, I asked my son if that was his mom. He wasn’t sure, but when we glanced back, they were making out. She wasn’t what you’d call attractive by anyone’s standards. You know, a large age difference doesn’t seem all that odd anymore for either gender when they’re in their 30s or 40s, but early 20s is still rather shocking.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Never know when a learning opportunity will come along. Take this guy for example:

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"
He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."
She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."
The two sat sipping in silence.
A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"
He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is midnight, today or tomorrow? Leigha 4 647 Jan 21, 2019 09:49 PM
Last Post: Leigha
  One thing that made me happy today. confused2 11 2,709 Jun 17, 2018 04:43 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Camille Paglia assesses the parlous state of today’s feminism (interview) C C 0 401 Dec 17, 2015 08:05 PM
Last Post: C C
  Breaking news: Hell froze over today Magical Realist 0 973 Mar 10, 2015 07:39 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist