Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

how the brain works

Carol Offline
This video explains many things about our brains and behavior. It explains overcoming fear, risk taking, having no empathy and even scientific evidence that John Edwards is for real.

Two threads deal with Empathy and I would this information to go into both but I think we are not to post the same link in different threads? I want to discuss the other subjects covered in the video, so I am starting a new thread. If this is the wrong thing to do for any reason, please let know and I will delete the video and change the talk about how our brains work. I think knowledge of our brains is perhaps the most important knowledge for many of our decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5myLhhzwE
Syne Offline
"I did three experiments with John Edwards, each one more controlled than the next." - 1:18:35

LOL. They start from the premise of whether the medium is reading the mind of the sitter or the dead. Did anyone bother to establish that there's any mind reading at all going on? Nope. Was there anything but anecdotal evidence of his accuracy? Not presented. Any evidence that the brain can act as a receiver? Nope. Then it's about the Force that connects everything. LOL.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Dec 13, 2016 06:32 AM)Carol Wrote:  If this is the wrong thing to do for any reason, please let know and I will delete the video and change the talk about how our brains work.  

There's no wrong in posting or creating a thread. Many topics overlap from thread to thread. It's no big deal, don't change anything. Isn't it obvious that one thread is the impetus for sister threads? Happens all the time. Thread production should be encouraged, not disdained. Response will dictate a thread's worthiness. Best not to have a fear of failure, you're dealing with a different brain in each jar. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social class shapes our beliefs about how power works C C 0 45 Apr 18, 2022 05:58 PM
Last Post: C C
  Brexit could literally be driving some crazy + No evidence that power posing works C C 0 176 Oct 2, 2019 12:20 AM
Last Post: C C
  Self-help is a kind of magical thinking: that’s why it works C C 3 620 Feb 16, 2017 02:46 PM
Last Post: Ben the Donkey