Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

High strangeness with the book "Communion"

Magical Realist Offline
I had a strange experience with this as well. One night after reading much of Whitley Streiber's Communion which I found fascinating, I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning a lone book had been pulled out on my bookcase sticking out beyond all the rest. The title was "Light Workers"--some old Christian book of my mother's. But the title alone was what seemed pertinent. To this day I have no idea what caused this. My sister said that day she could hear me laughing in my room late at night from her bedroom airvent. She said it scared her. I don't recall any of that.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/10/hi...ookstores/
Syne Offline
Funny you should mention Communion. Streiber is even skeptical of his own experiences throughout that book. Funny how someone who "experienced" these things can manage to be more skeptical that you, MR.
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 3, 2016 10:51 PM)Syne Wrote: Funny you should mention Communion. Streiber is even skeptical of his own experiences throughout that book. Funny how someone who "experienced" these things can manage to be more skeptical that you, MR.

"In Communion, Strieber himself claims he was willing, even
eager, to believe his experiences were the result of a brain tumor or some
undiscovered form of mental aberration, but eventually he had to accept that
what appeared to be happening really was happening."----http://realitysandwich.com/142495/strang...trieber_1/
Syne Offline
So...what did you "experience"?
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 4, 2016 12:50 AM)Syne Wrote: So...what did you "experience"?

Move on troll.
Syne Offline
It's a legit question. If Streiber was skeptical of his own experience, what experience do you have that has allayed your own skepticism? Or are you just completely without skepticism?
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 4, 2016 02:33 AM)Syne Wrote: It's a legit question. If Streiber was skeptical of his own experience, what experience do you have that has allayed your own skepticism? Or are you just completely without skepticism?

I never said I had an experience that allayed my skepticism. I simply said I had a strange experience. Reread the OP if you missed it.
Syne Offline
As usual, you miss the fairly obvious point. If Streiber's skepticism survived quite a few personal experiences, why do you seem to have no skepticism...with a markedly relative lack of such personal experience? Do you realize that a lack of skepticism is gullibility?
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 4, 2016 03:12 AM)Syne Wrote: As usual, you miss the fairly obvious point. If Streiber's skepticism survived quite a few personal experiences, why do you seem to have no skepticism...with a markedly relative lack of such personal experience? Do you realize that a lack of skepticism is gullibility?

Where did I say I have no skepticism? Quote it..And furthermore, why would skepticism only be allayed by our own experience? Do you regularly doubt the experiences of others? When they say they are thinking something or remembering something or in pain, does it mean it isn't real because you aren't experiencing it? That's pretty delusional..
Syne Offline
Did you miss the question mark where I ASKED "why do you seem to have no skepticism"? Even if you made the erroneous assumption that this question was rhetorical, why on earth would you think it implied that it was based on any specific thing you had said? That is quite a stretch...even for one of your strawman arguments.

When you are constantly defend stories without any evidence, people will make assumptions about your skepticism. The fact that you instantly get defensive may be more telling than anything. Evidence is the only real arbiter of credibility, so yes, the more remarkable the claim, the more the need for evidence. Pain or remembering mundane events doesn't raise any skepticism because they are normal and expected. So unless you have had enough similar experience of extraordinary events, one has to wonder why you seem devoid of skepticism about them.

And maybe you should look up the definition of delusional. "A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary." Disbelieving something due to a lack of evidence is far from delusional...and actually is a typical justification for atheism. Wait...you're an atheist, aren't you?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hairdryers & UFO marks + Report hints new research just another Project Blue Book C C 1 138 Nov 2, 2022 12:44 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  According to this book, humans will evolve into nightmare fuel C C 0 121 Jun 10, 2020 10:06 PM
Last Post: C C
  High strangeness: Uniontown Pennsylvania, Oct 25, 1973. Magical Realist 10 2,198 Jun 27, 2016 05:58 PM
Last Post: C C