Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hospice tales of the paranormal

Magical Realist Offline
Went to a lecture tonight given by a hospice nurse/intuitive about experiences of people dying and the amazing events that often occur around that. One time there was this old lady who was dying in her home and all she worried about was the putrid smell of her cancerous facial sores. When the nurse was away she passed, When the nurse arrived the whole house smelled like roses, especially in the room where her body was. Noone had scented the air or anything. Another time she had the daughter of woman who was dying in her home complain that the spirit of her father was tormenting them. While in the living room the rocking chair started rocking violently to everyone's dismay. The nurse told her to tell her father to go away now forcefully. She did and the chair immediately stopped and all was at peace again. Another time the son of a dying father saw his late mother bending over her dad in his bed and kissing him and him kissing her back. That day he passed, which happened to be their anniversary. Pretty amazing stuff, regardless of your worldview. Every death is different though. Every message a personal one. Mind you not every hospice story is pleasant. Some are even pretty horrible. But some are worth knowing about.
Zinjanthropos Offline
James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Auric Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

Expectation a powerful force? You could pretty much figure out what was going to happen. Most of these stories are like that. Happy endings versus the alternative. I wish dead dad had rocked the chair right out of the room, down the stairs and out into the street or mom bent over to pleasure dad like she did in life, well, you know what I mean. Now those would have been something to write about.

Regardless: Once upon a time......they died happily ever after.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:Expectation a powerful force? You could pretty much figure out what was going to happen. Most of these stories are like that. Happy endings versus the alternative. I wish dead dad had rocked the chair right out of the room, down the stairs and out into the street or mom bent over to pleasure dad like she did in life, well, you know what I mean. Now those would have been something to write about.

So if it didn't happen to you, it must never happen at all. Sort of like if you didn't find a pearl in the clam, then pearls don't exist. Nice..
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 05:44 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:Expectation a powerful force? You could pretty much figure out what was going to happen. Most of these stories are like that. Happy endings versus the alternative. I wish dead dad had rocked the chair right out of the room, down the stairs and out into the street or mom bent over to pleasure dad like she did in life, well, you know what I mean. Now those would have been something to write about.

So if it didn't happen to you, it must never happen at all. Sort of like if you didn't find a pearl in the clam, then pearls don't exist. Nice..

Not yet anyways. One simple time machine that could view and record past events would solve a lot of this don't you think? Better get to work. 

Yes, I will not ever claim a pearl existed where one was never found.
Magical Realist Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 05:56 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Sep 26, 2016 05:44 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Not yet anyways. One simple time machine that could view and record past events would solve a lot of this don't you think? Better get to work. 

Yes, I will not ever claim a pearl existed where one was never found.

You don't believe in pearls because you never found one. I wish I had that kind of faith..
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 06:00 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: You don't believe in pearls because you never found one. I wish I had that kind of faith..

Careful..... you're inadvertently showcasing that people hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see. Responses like that may reveal an otherwise unrealized psychosis or just bad reading habits.
Magical Realist Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 06:14 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Sep 26, 2016 06:00 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: You don't believe in pearls because you never found one. I wish I had that kind of faith..

Careful..... you're inadvertently showcasing that people hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see. Responses like that may reveal an otherwise unrealized psychosis or just bad reading habits.

So now I'm a psychotic for not doubting pearls exist because I never found one? Wow..I'm detecting some pent up hostility here. Why is it so important for these things not to have happened? What are you protecting? What are you afraid of?
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 06:18 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:
(Sep 26, 2016 06:00 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: You don't believe in pearls because you never found one. I wish I had that kind of faith..

So now I'm a psychotic for not doubting pearls exist because I never found one? Wow..I'm detecting some pent up hostility here. Why is it so important for these things not to have happened? What are you protecting? What are you afraid of?

Au contraire mon ami (excuse HS french). Read what I wrote carefully, without bias, without prejudice and you will see I declared nothing of the sort. Although I think you are well aware of what you or I said, I don't really see any advantage for you when the pearl analogy is used as a counter argument. Yet if you are aware of what I really wrote, then yes, you do have a problem and by some weird coincidence it probably is along the same lines as deathbed visions.
Magical Realist Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 06:35 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Sep 26, 2016 06:18 PM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Au contraire mon ami (excuse HS french). Read what I wrote carefully, without bias, without prejudice and you will see I declared nothing of the sort. Although I think you are well aware of what you or I said, I don't really see any advantage for you when the pearl analogy is used as a counter argument. Yet if you are aware of what I really wrote, then yes, you do have a problem and by some weird coincidence it probably is along the same lines as deathbed visions.

Right..so again I'm psychotic much as everyone who finds a pearl is. What a cramped little world you must live in, where everyone who experiences something you haven't is automatically invalidated as a sane human being.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Sep 26, 2016 06:49 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Right..so again I'm psychotic much as everyone who finds a pearl is. What a cramped little world you must live in, where everyone who experiences something you haven't is automatically invalidated as a sane human being.

Take a deep breath, you are becoming very agitated. Remember.....casual. You might be interested in introspection.

Amazing how the continued use of an awkward analogy can ruin one's argument. If you're not doing it on purpose then I am worried for you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd accounts and strange tales orbit around Shasta Magical Realist 4 1,054 Feb 29, 2024 05:32 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  A psychologist explains why we believe in the paranormal C C 5 181 Nov 18, 2021 11:28 PM
  Canary with bouffant hair-do nicknamed after BoJo! + Meet the Paranormal Moms Society C C 4 578 Aug 8, 2019 08:14 PM
Last Post: C C
  The man attempting to merge physics & the paranormal C C 0 243 Mar 18, 2019 08:35 AM
  Is Paranormal Investigation an Oxymoron? Zinjanthropos 12 1,638 Jan 9, 2019 05:43 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Real life paranormal experiences Magical Realist 6 1,179 May 11, 2018 10:38 PM
  Tales of telepathic dogmen Magical Realist 43 6,334 May 4, 2018 04:08 AM
  Paranormal encounters in Afghanistan War Magical Realist 14 2,009 Mar 6, 2017 11:17 PM
  True ghost tales Magical Realist 68 8,823 Oct 13, 2016 05:38 AM
  Real paranormal experiences vs horror movies Magical Realist 1 757 Nov 11, 2015 07:46 AM