Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gut micribiome affect on metabolism

elte Offline
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-12-mi...ories.html

I heard about Zyprexa being linked to diabetes type 2.  The article takes a look at risperidone, how it affects gut microbiome, and how that, in turn, affects the body's metabolic rate.
C C Offline
Sounds like part of that ridiculous meds situation I sometimes encounter of an acquaintance talking about how they eventually had to have the side effects of one drug treated with yet another drug. And continuing to spiral onward like that with their doctor's prescriptions....
elte Offline
Indeed I generally find the only prescriptions I like are for antibiotics for bacterial infections, and for anticancer therapies like immunotherapy, or ones like Lorenzos oil that prevent certain death.  Or sometimes maybe ones that the side effects tend to be overwhelmingly beneficial, like how metformin seems to enable type 2 diabetics to live longer than the general population, and aspirin seems to lower colon cancer risk by something on the order of 15%.  So lately I have been taking about 40mg of aspirin per day .  Or I might not be opposed to an antidepressant, not for that nominal quality, but for the apparent brain protective abilities of at least one of them in helping to prevent Parkinson's disease.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Proven 1st time: Microbiome of fruit & veggies positively influences diversity in gut C C 0 65 Oct 24, 2023 07:16 PM
Last Post: C C
  Exercise provides relief for back pain + The scent of plants can affect your health C C 0 67 Oct 11, 2021 03:18 PM
  How a vegan diet could affect your intelligence C C 3 254 Jan 31, 2020 03:52 AM
Last Post: stryder
  Breathing can affect the cleansing of the brain + Choline & Alzheimer's prevention C C 0 220 Sep 28, 2019 05:12 AM
  Can probiotics evolve in gut & cause harm? + Vitamin C might cut time spent in ICU C C 0 304 Mar 29, 2019 07:19 PM
  A new connection between the Gut and the Brain C C 0 307 Dec 6, 2018 07:53 PM
  The seven stages of life that affect how we eat C C 0 427 Jul 2, 2018 02:35 AM
  Burn calories fast with 6 foods that speed up metabolism C C 1 354 Oct 26, 2017 06:10 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Gut will leak if exercise not moderated + If you hear a click in your jaw, this is... C C 3 832 Jun 12, 2017 07:07 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
Bug Gut microbiota, glutathione, type 2 diabetes link elte 2 672 Nov 20, 2015 04:30 PM
Last Post: elte