Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Check⁉️  Jack Sarfatti on UAPs: "We think UFOs are coming from the future."

C C Offline
Anybody who ever lurked on Usenet in the final stretch of its heyday surely encountered something "outrageous" posted by the untamed mind of Jack Sarfatti. He was one of the members of the "Fundamental Fysiks Group". Here's a PhysOrg article about them: Hippie days: How a handful of countercultural scientists changed the course of physics in the 1970s

VIDEO URL: https://vimeo.com/554469177

EXCERPTS: I go to SRI [Stanford Research Institute], I meet all these spooks from the CIA [...] and I talk about what happened in 1953, and then they say: "Well, yeah, we think UFOs are coming from the future."

What we're witnessing is our technology that Jack Sarfatti -- me, and his team -- in California, UK, France, and Italy are going to develop in the next few years. And then we're going to send it back in time to 2004 and other time periods. We're seeing the success of our experiments and theories because I was told as a child that this was going to happen.

[...] Metamaterials are artificially made, they're made by man, they don't exist naturally in nature. They're just like lattices of artificial atoms...

Jack Sarfatti on everything you need to know about unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) in ten minutes
Kornee Offline
Tempted to say it was a total waste of 8 minutes watching and listening to a mad man. Needless to say, his team will never achieve their ludicrous warp drive wet dream.
Not even to a teensy-weensy bit. Pretty sure though he is wearing a wig. That much was mildly interesting.
Yazata Online
Time-travel was my crazy hypothesis!

I still like it because:

1. It neatly explains why UFO's seem so elusive and unwilling to make contact and announce themselves. Time travelers might fear altering their own past (with all the "paradoxical" implications) but would be safe if they conform to their history of the UFO phenomenon in our time (since they would have been the ones who caused it).

2. Assume (a big assumption for sure) that the descriptions of UFO occupants are true: humanoids like the so-called "greys". So what accounts for their anatomical similarities with humans: bipedal upright quadripeds, faces arranged like our own, hands with fingers, seemingly very similar musculature? Why can they breathe our atmosphere and tolerate our temperatures? Why are they seemingly undeterred by our microorganisms? If they were really space aliens, all that would be very problematic. It would be even worse if they were forming hybrids with humans. (Why would a space alien even have the same Dna code or use Dna at all?) But if they are our future descendants, it all makes sense.

3. And it provides a neat answer for the question: If time travel is possible, where are all the time travelers??

Before anyone gets hysterical, I'm just proposing this in the spirit of a science-fiction imaginative scenario.
Kornee Offline
Sarfatti's base claims are so demented it's hard to believe he could gather any support at all. Superb salesman skills if nothing else.
One example should suffice. That 'low power' EM fields could 'warp spacetime' to any appreciable extent. Metamaterial grating as 'amplifier' is just a fantasy diversion.

Any intrepid crew trying the Sarfatti EM route would be instantly incinerated at power levels many orders of magnitude too small to have any gravitational warpage.
The current premier extreme level of EM power density is the massive Lawrence Livermore NIF complex: https://lasers.llnl.gov/about/what-is-nif
A very brief flash of many terawatts of power concentrated to a few mm^3 volume. The ensuing energy density is gravitationally far below that produced by a split pea at the same location. And the gravitational disturbance of a split pea is undetectable.

Extremely weak gravitational attraction - at the cost of humongous power and energy expenditure.
Moreover the net effect could be at most a gravitationally insignificant redistribution of mass-energy in a closed system.
No bootstrapping effect is possible in principle. Nor air frictional (actually mostly adiabatic heating at hypersonic speeds) shielding or cloaking or avoiding sonic booms or 'explaining' any such observed 2004 tic tac antics.
The whole concept of 'warp drive' is craziness. All the more so if FTL/'time travel' is thrown into the mix. No and no.
Yet Jack has assembled a team of enthusiasts? Amazing.

PS - Still showing 0 visits to this thread. Upgrade glitches remaining to be ironed out evidently.
confused2 Offline
Kornee Wrote:PS - Still showing 0 visits to this thread. Upgrade glitches remaining to be ironed out evidently.
This isn't a glitch. There is a field embedded in the thread that will prevent you from remembering anything about it.
You leave the thread .. wonder if you've read it .. check nobody has read the thread .. read it .. leave it .. wonder if you've read it .. check nobody has read the thread .. read it .. leave it .. and so on.
Kornee Offline
(Mar 11, 2023 01:52 PM)confused2 Wrote:
Kornee Wrote:PS - Still showing 0 visits to this thread. Upgrade glitches remaining to be ironed out evidently.
This isn't a glitch. There is a field embedded in the thread that will prevent you from remembering anything about it.
You leave the thread .. wonder if you've read it .. check nobody has read the thread .. read it .. leave it .. wonder if you've read it .. check nobody has read the thread .. read it .. leave it .. and so on.
An obsession/amnesia cyclic feature - yeah that might just explain it. Makes more sense than crackers Jack's flight of fantasy. OK - it's time for another cycle....
stryder Offline
The thread views should be fixed. Nothing to see here... move along.
C C Offline
(Mar 11, 2023 07:22 AM)Yazata Wrote: Time-travel was my crazy hypothesis!

I still like it because:

1. It neatly explains why UFO's seem so elusive and unwilling to make contact and announce themselves. Time travelers might fear altering their own past (with all the "paradoxical" implications) but would be safe if they conform to their history of the UFO phenomenon in our time (since they would have been the ones who caused it).

2. Assume (a big assumption for sure) that the descriptions of UFO occupants are true: humanoids like the so-called "greys". So what accounts for their anatomical similarities with humans: bipedal upright quadripeds, faces arranged like our own, hands with fingers, seemingly very similar musculature? Why can they breathe our atmosphere and tolerate our temperatures? Why are they seemingly undeterred by our microorganisms? If they were really space aliens, all that would be very problematic. It would be even worse if they were forming hybrids with humans. (Why would a space alien even have the same Dna code or use Dna at all?) But if they are our future descendants, it all makes sense.

3. And it provides a neat answer for the question: If time travel is possible, where are all the time travelers??

Before anyone gets hysterical, I'm just proposing this in the spirit of a science-fiction imaginative scenario.

Time-travel (in an SF context) would be the non-religious and "non-noumenal slash non-mystical" explanation that I would tend to favor as well (over space aliens). IF I believed UAPs really were extraordinary entities/events.

Which I don't for the most part, but in a non-militant agnostic or sympathetic sort of way (zeteticism?) that has no problem supplying "news" or information about this stuff for those interested. (Whether the articles/videos present a "serious" demeanor, or are of an "amusing" ilk, or both sober and recreationally crankish.)
Magical Realist Offline
Perhaps uaps come from a distant future where there is no longer a distinction between humanity and technology. Perhaps uaps are in a sense alive and conscious and are controlled thru vast AI artilects that have mastered time travel and spacetime teleportation and immortality (gods?). They are returning to our age to study us and perhaps prep us for a time when humans as we know them will be extinct.
C C Offline
(Mar 11, 2023 09:08 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Perhaps uaps come from a distant future where there is no longer a distinction between humanity and technology. Perhaps uaps are in a sense alive and conscious and are controlled thru vast AI artilects that have mastered time travel and spacetime teleportation and immortality (gods?). They are returning to our age to study us and perhaps prep us for a time when humans as we know them will be extinct.

If time-travel really was within the capacity of future theo-technological societies (advancement to god-like civilizations and beings), then I have to admit it might be both that and space aliens. The latter would be the result of posthumans in that era transitioning back to millions or billions of years ago in the past and establishing settlements in planetary systems remote enough from Earth and constrained slash clandestine enough that their presence would go undetected by the original sapient species (humans), even in this millennium. The only way to make any sense out of either ETs or their embodied AIs having humanoid appearances (if speculative fiction and tabloid news encounters weren't imaginative fabrication).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those who regard aliens & UAPs as a mutating spam / advertising virus C C 2 155 Dec 17, 2022 12:40 AM
Last Post: C C
  Open science & UAPs + Finding aliens could trigger global conflict with dire results C C 3 147 Oct 20, 2022 07:11 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  Springheeled Jack Magical Realist 5 391 Nov 7, 2019 08:07 PM
Last Post: C C