Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Energy crisis in Europe has started, and it's bad (Survival Lilly)

Yazata Offline
Hopefully they won't have day's long blackouts but something more like our California rolling blackouts. So they might have something like 12 hours off every day on average. In that case, Lilly could run her freezer when the power is on, and it should remain cold while the power is off. Just leave the door closed as much as possible to keep the cold air in.

I just looked and saw that similar Bluetti generators and batteries are available here in the United States too, with American-style plugs and voltage. From the name, I was thinking it was a European company, but it looks like they are American. But they operate world wide so their units must be available with all kinds of weird electric plugs and voltages.

They aren't cheap though, they run 3 to 4 thousand dollars for all the stuff Lilly has.

The european natural gas shortage could get bad, since winters are cold and snowy where Lilly lives and a 1000 watt electric heater would drain her system in no time.

And I'm guessing that if her Austrian blackouts get really bad, everyone will be trying to buy these things and the price will really go up.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Jul 17, 2022 03:54 AM)Yazata Wrote: Hopefully they won't have day's long blackouts but something more like our California rolling blackouts. So they might have something like 12 hours off every day on average. In that case, Lilly could run her freezer when the power is on, and it should remain cold while the power is off. Just leave the door closed as much as possible to keep the cold air in.

I just looked and saw that similar Bluetti generators and batteries are available here in the United States too, with American-style plugs and voltage. From the name, I was thinking it was a European company, but it looks like they are American. But they operate world wide so their units must be available with all kinds of weird electric plugs and voltages.

They aren't cheap though, they run 3 to 4 thousand dollars for all the stuff Lilly has.

The european natural gas shortage could get bad, since winters are cold and snowy where Lilly lives and a 1000 watt electric heater would drain her system in no time.

And I'm guessing that if her Austrian blackouts get really bad, everyone will be trying to buy these things and the price will really go up.

thats a lot of money to spend on the off chance of power cuts
but a full chest freezer can have $3,000.00 worth of food in it so its worth the investment
specially with the solar powered charging array.

if i was in the market for that i would also buy a cheap diesel or petrol generator
confused2 Offline
Until 'fairly' recently In the UK the home freezer wasn't really a thing - maybe started to gain traction in the mid 1970's. My point being that thousands of years without freezers suggests the freezer probably isn't essential to survival. You can either buy stuff that doesn't need to be kept frozen or use primitive techniques to keep stuff edible for a long time.
C C Offline
(Jul 18, 2022 01:48 AM)confused2 Wrote: Until 'fairly' recently In the UK the home freezer wasn't really a thing - maybe started to gain traction in the mid 1970's. My point being that thousands of years without freezers suggests the freezer probably isn't essential to survival. You can either buy stuff that doesn't need to be kept frozen or use primitive techniques to keep stuff edible for a long time.

If these were all Mennonite communities in Austria (which they aren't), I'd otherwise say that the plain dress lifestyle has this doing without electricity and gas thing covered: "Bring it on!"

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mennonite+comm...&ia=images
Yazata Offline
(Jul 18, 2022 06:59 AM)C C Wrote: If these were all Mennonite communities in Austria (which they aren't), I'd otherwise say that the plain dress lifestyle has this doing without electricity and gas thing covered: "Bring it on!"

Austria is historically Catholic and they have more of a Baroque thing going. Cavaliers, not Roundheads, a tendency towards ornateness, not austere simplicity.

Before the 20th century everybody lived without gas and electricity. In very cold climates too.

But today's architecture increasingly leaves out the fireplace around which the whole family once gathered on winter nights (as families had done for countless thousands of years back to the stone age), and the pot-bellied iron stove in the kitchen that not only cooked food but warmed the whole room.

My mother was perhaps the last (American) generation that lived like that, in her case in rural Indiana. She used to tell me how she would heat bricks on the stove and take them upstairs to her icy cold unheated bedroom and put the bricks in her bed to warm it up before she climbed in.
Kornee Offline
Victoria Nuland and fellow ethnic US prime instigators/shapers of the situation in Ukraine:
https://trendsresearch.com/victoria-fuck...-in-power/

, inevitably and intentionally leading up to Russia's 'special operations', are perfectly happy for Europe (sans nuclear fueled France) to suffer badly in their proxy war of attrition with Russia. Goys killing and maiming and impoverishing each other in droves is exactly what such low-life want and are getting. As usual.

I don't need to check who are the prime shareholders thus financial beneficiaries in the attempt to replace Russian fossil fuel supplies with ones shipped from US fossil fuel industry corporations. Another win-win for the usual suspects.
Kornee Offline
And why not throw in this one:
https://geopolitics.co/2022/03/01/ukrain...land-made/
Do any of you s**t-for-brains serial anti-Russia posters stop to actually think? How it is that ethnically Jewish Nuland & Co US masterminds and their fellow ethnic installed Ukrainians like Zelensky are so accommodating to avowedly and openly Neo-Nazi Azov battalions and ilk?

How about this angle:
"We Jews are more than happy to feign 'Ukrainian solidarity' in order to expend the lives of those Neo-Nazi goy Ukrainians as useful idiot cannon fodder. That they 'heroically resist' and kill/maim goy Russians is all win-win for us."
Makes sense? Duh?
If that is not the correct viewpoint, let's have someone explain why Jewish groups within and outside Ukraine have not been vociferously denouncing Zelensky for turning a complete blind eye to the Azov openly Neo-Nazi ideology.
confused2 Offline
Without a reliable electricity supply the frozen food infrastructure is likely to become unreliable. It is possible Lilly's people could live off the forest but I knd'a suspect they're really more SUV and supermarket types. A previous video of stashing grain products in bins seemed (to me) to be a bit more realistic than trying to keep the freezer going after the apocalypse.

In the UK Waitrose is the supermarket posh folks drive to in their SUV's to pick up smoked salmon. In Waitrose World a freezer breakdown is pretty darn close to apocalyptic.
Kornee Offline
And....Survival Lilly should consider reading outside of approved Euro-MSM take on who to blame for the coming winter of (sans France) Euro discontent:
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/07/wh....html#more

Mindless serial posters of the latest YouTube vids portraying the installed Zelensky regime as heroic resisters of unprovoked aggression, will not bother to read the above. Not MSM pushed = bad. Just follow the BBC reporter's latest breathless narrative as he/she shoves microphone up close to a wailing Ukrainian mother. One network had the gall to shamelessly proclaim "no opinions - just the facts" while unrelentingly doing exactly the opposite. Orwell would instantly recognize the Ministry of Truth at work. That propaganda is used all round doesn't diminish the hypocrisy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Europe preparing for war with Russia (Survival Lilly) C C 2 69 Mar 20, 2024 06:00 PM
Last Post: stryder
  McGyver? EDC and urban survival pack (Survival Lilly) C C 0 38 Mar 15, 2024 06:34 PM
Last Post: C C
  Which type of survival shelter is the best? (Survival Lilly) C C 0 60 Mar 8, 2024 07:33 AM
  Anti-meat propaganda (Survival Lilly) C C 1 72 Mar 6, 2024 01:05 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Survival guide to the future from 1997: predictions about this era (Survival Lilly) C C 1 190 Feb 24, 2024 02:13 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Article Europe's GMO phobia (Survival Lilly) C C 1 88 Feb 22, 2024 03:06 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Homegrown food has 5 times higher carbon footprint (Survival Lilly) C C 6 156 Feb 15, 2024 11:25 AM
Last Post: confused2
  Warning about natural spring water (Survival Lilly) C C 0 99 Jan 31, 2024 10:52 PM
  EU has banned cash payments above 10,000 euros (Survival Lilly) C C 0 77 Jan 27, 2024 12:53 AM
  Farmers protesting in Germany (Survival Lilly) C C 1 113 Jan 13, 2024 09:11 PM
Last Post: Syne