Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A far cry from winter

Ostronomos Offline
Today I had the pleasure of taking an afternoon stroll outdoors and was pleased to encounter nothing unexpected. I was in a group so in my typical manner I sought every opportunity to demonstrate my intellectual superiority. I can't imagine why anyone would not want to. Is this a sign of a fragile ego? For instance some fellow repeated what I said and added the words ''._.good sir,'' in a sarcastic Shakespearean tone.
Kornee Offline
(Apr 7, 2022 08:11 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: Today I had the pleasure of taking an afternoon stroll outdoors and was pleased to encounter nothing unexpected. I was in a group so in my typical manner I sought every opportunity to demonstrate my intellectual superiority. I can't imagine why anyone would not want to. Is this a sign of a fragile ego? For instance some fellow repeated what I said and added the words ''._.good sir,'' in a sarcastic Shakespearean tone.
From that (boredom generated?) discourse, I tentatively, cautiously deduce, Sherlock Holmes style, that you, good sir, are a Fie, fih, foh, fum (smell the blood of an), Englishman!
Has my nascent pseudo-intellectual superiority been suitably and correctly stroked by this deduction? Good sir?
Ostronomos Offline
Ah, so you too are not above marketing yourself.Lol.
confused2 Offline
(Apr 8, 2022 03:31 AM)Kornee Wrote:
(Apr 7, 2022 08:11 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: Today I had the pleasure of taking an afternoon stroll outdoors and was pleased to encounter nothing unexpected. I was in a group so in my typical manner I sought every opportunity to demonstrate my intellectual superiority. I can't imagine why anyone would not want to. Is this a sign of a fragile ego? For instance some fellow repeated what I said and added the words ''._.good sir,'' in a sarcastic Shakespearean tone.
From that (boredom generated?) discourse, I tentatively, cautiously deduce, Sherlock Holmes style, that you, good sir, are a Fie, fih, foh, fum (smell the blood of an), Englishman!
Has my nascent pseudo-intellectual superiority been suitably and correctly stroked by this deduction? Good sir?
Mmmm. Kind'a like it's always other people's houses that smell a bit I didn't spot that as it passed by. The vision of Ostro living in Mom's basement  fitted perfectly. It still does. The notion of the outing (in the 'breath of fresh air' not the 'we know who you are' sense) also fitted the picture. But in England's green and pleasant land? I think not. No true Englishman would
C C Offline
I'll probably wait and watch it on TV rather than cinema, since "A Far Cry From Winter" has received mixed reviews.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should You Heat Basement During Winter? Zinjanthropos 2 202 Nov 21, 2023 03:52 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Should You Heat Basement During Winter? Zinjanthropos 0 164 Nov 21, 2023 01:48 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  73 shot, 13 fatally, over Fourth of July weekend in Chicago so far + Atlanta death C C 5 317 Jul 7, 2020 09:03 PM
Last Post: Syne