Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fake news on national public radio

Yazata Offline
This was a story that came out Tuesday, claiming (based as always on "sources") that because of the increasing prevalence of omicron, Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts asked all the justices to wear masks. Supposedly they all complied except Justice Gorsuch. He sits next to Justice Sotomayor on the bench and she suffers from diabetes and is at higher risk. She supposedly asked him to wear his mask and he refused. So Justice Sotomayor has supposedly been working remotely from home. There was more stuff about how tense Sotomayor's and Gorsuch's relationship is.

Democrats lapped it up and it went viral throughout the tight little lefty media world. Cnn claimed that they had verified it.

Later on Tuesday Shannon Bream on Fox reported that based on her sources (including one of Justice Gorsuch's clerks) that the story was false. That got the "liberals" backs up and somebody at new york magazine challenged anyone to put their sources up against npr's. (Whose identities still haven't been revealed).

So, both Justice Sotomayor and Justice Gorsuch issued a joint statement calling the report false, saying that Justice Sotomayor had never asked Justice Gorsuch to wear a mask, and saying that despite their disseparate politics, they are both friends. (Pretty authoritative, especially compared to anonymous sources.)

The democrats were having none of it. Reporters at npr insisted that they stood by their reporting and one of them (a former msnbc guy) essentially accused both Supreme Court Justices of lying. Rachel Maddow of msnbc shrieked that the story wasn't really about Sotomayor asking Gorsuch to mask up, it was John Roberts who asked him.

So Chief Justice Roberts announced "I did not request Justice Gorsuch or any other Justice to wear a mask on the bench." (The Justices are all double jabbed and boosted.)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/john-rober...ort-scotus

When it's this obvious and this easily refuted (by three Supreme Court Justices no less!), it's entertaining to watch.
Syne Offline
Wow, how could these people have any less credibility? They're told they're definitively fake news and they say "liar, lair."
confused2 Offline
The UK news have picked this up too.

The following is verifiable as either true or false:
Diabetic liberal Justice Sonia Sotomayor, 67, is attending Supreme court remotely..
^^ true or false?

Being unable to choose between 'chooses not to' and 'refuses to'
Republican Neil Gorsuch does not wear a mask.
^^ true or false?
Syne Offline
^^Ah, a lefty trying so hard to make the fake new true.
confused2 Offline
(Jan 20, 2022 04:34 PM)Syne Wrote: ^^Ah, a lefty trying so hard to make the fake new true.
I am a Republican and proud of it.
I appreciate that facts can be a nuisance and should be avoided whenever and wherever possible.
Syne Offline
^^You'd have to be an American to be a Republican. That's like me claiming to be Labour. It's utter nonsense.
The fake news continues to claim that Roberts "in some form" requested the Justices to wear masks. Doesn't matter who does, doesn't, or works from home. The simple fact is that Roberts, himself, has said that isn't true. So the fake news has to claim Gorsuch, Sotomayor, and/or Roberts are lying.

Right in line with your unsupported claim that COV patients in hospitals are lying about being vaxxed. When reality doesn't abide by your ideology, you just claim someone must be lying. Convenient way to quell your cognitive dissonance.
confused2 Offline
If something happens and someone spins a story about it and you then spin a story about the spun story you're just spinning further away into the realms of fake news.
One possibility is she just decided to work from home. She could clarify that (or whatever else the truth might be) but it is much more fun to watch you guys spinning away in your own fakey fake world.
Syne Offline
Sotomayor already said that she never asked Gorsuch to wear a mask. Roberts already said he never asked the Justices to wear masks.

The only story now is leftist media refusing to accept the facts. The facts are not "spin." That means the leftist media spun a story, were roundly refuted, and then continue to try spinning the same story...without any help from anyone else. IOW, liars continuing to lie.

But yes, we really shouldn't be surprised of leftists refusing to accept the facts. You've shown us as much lately.
Yazata Offline
(Jan 20, 2022 04:14 PM)confused2 Wrote: The UK news have picked this up too.

The following is verifiable as either true or false:
Diabetic liberal Justice Sonia Sotomayor, 67, is attending Supreme court remotely..
^^ true or false?

I don't know. If she is working remotely, I don't know why.

Quote:Being unable to choose between 'chooses not to' and 'refuses to'
Republican Neil Gorsuch does not wear a mask.
^^ true or false?

I don't know. I don't know whether any of them wear a mask, given that the Chief Justice never asked them to, as the npr story alleges he did. The Justices are all fully vaccinated and boosted.

(Jan 20, 2022 04:54 PM)confused2 Wrote: I am a Republican and proud of it.
I appreciate that facts can be a nuisance and should be avoided whenever and wherever possible.

I think that being a "republican" in the UK is something very different than being a "republican" in the United States. In the British context it suggests wanting to abolish the monarchy. In the US it's the name of a particular political party.
confused2 Offline
Thanks Yazata. I kind'a suspected that thing about republicans.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check⁉️ "The public is OK, it's us scientists who are the problem" C C 1 107 Oct 4, 2023 08:41 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Article Giant cracks emerging across US Southwest (NYT warns impending national crisis) C C 0 92 Sep 13, 2023 05:57 PM
Last Post: C C
  Article (UK) Public satisfaction with NHS hits all-time low, dissatisfaction doubled in 2 yrs C C 0 65 Mar 29, 2023 05:09 AM
  UK's new public energy company? + Meloni: Ukraine can count on her + Italy's populism C C 0 68 Sep 28, 2022 04:41 AM
  Aging & fake news + Psychology of populism: why are Europe & West moving right? C C 0 62 May 3, 2022 03:28 PM
  Science advisor offers yet another hand-wringing "I feel bad about it" to the public C C 1 101 Feb 8, 2022 06:50 PM
  China jails blogger + UK: "Failure to tackle grooming gangs is a national scandal" C C 2 172 Jun 1, 2021 05:55 AM
  Trump unveils new national space policy for US leadership off the Earth C C 0 103 Dec 10, 2020 07:26 PM
  America's national parks face an existential crisis over race C C 1 176 Jul 4, 2020 04:01 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Fake hate crimes and sexual assaults Syne 10 1,986 Feb 21, 2019 05:16 AM
Last Post: Syne