Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 - The Year of the Quit

Leigha Offline
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/...entnewsntp

So, if millions of workers resigned this past year, why is Biden touting such a low unemployment rate? Just another lie from his administration, or do they gain their stats from only unemployed people who file for unemployment benefits in their respective states? In most cases, I think you'll be denied benefits if you voluntarily resign from your job. If that is the case and that is how they're gathering the national unemployment data, then the stat (I'm assuming) would be low. Huh
Secular Sanity Offline
(Dec 8, 2021 08:11 PM)Leigha Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/...entnewsntp

So, if millions of workers resigned this past year, why is Biden touting such a low unemployment rate? Just another lie from his administration, or do they gain their stats from only unemployed people who file for unemployment benefits in their respective states? In most cases, I think you'll be denied benefits if you voluntarily resign from your job. If that is the case and that is how they're gathering the national unemployment data, then the stat (I'm assuming) would be low.  Huh

"Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed."

How the Government Measures Unemployment

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOOD NEWS 2020: Got rid of Trump ... BAD NEWS 2021: No Trump menace to rail against C C 3 169 Nov 6, 2021 12:41 AM
Last Post: confused2