Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Great Genius: An Autobiography by Nicholas Hosein

Ostronomos Offline
It has been a long journey. Never before in recorded history has there been a case of someone becoming a real super-genius while high off weed, but here we are. The successful implementation of drug use and the opportunity of living in the information age has brought about a dramatic shift in consciousness. The great genius is finally here. Nicholas Hosein. Born in 1982 in the island of Trinidad and Tobago he was a simple minded and docile child. Nevertheless he would discover that old green would unlock his genius potential and bring about a major paradigm shift in Physics and Philosophy.
Syne Offline
Yet I've never heard of him, nor any of his supposed contributions to physics or philosophy. My guess is that's your name and you're still as delusional as ever. Pot makes you a moron, moron.
Yazata Offline
(Jul 30, 2021 03:07 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: It has been a long journey. Never before in recorded history has there been a case of someone becoming a real super-genius while high off weed, but here we are.

"Great Genius"? "Super-genius"??

In my experience, the smartest people never go around bragging about how smart they are.

Quote:The successful implementation of drug use and the opportunity of living in the information age has brought about a dramatic shift in consciousness. The great genius is finally here. Nicholas Hosein. Born in 1982 in the island of Trinidad and Tobago he was a simple minded and docile child. Nevertheless he would discover that old green would unlock his genius potential and bring about a major paradigm shift in Physics and Philosophy.

So maybe it's time for the "Great Genius" to actually produce some brilliant work in philosophy or physics. People are never going to believe the boasting unless there's something to back it up.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Made me think of a Darwin quote for some reason

Quote:Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science

Then there’s the Duning-Kruger effect, the tendency to overestimate one’s competence. Quite common.

My best guess is that poor Nick here is going through a midlife crisis, a depression, or both. He’s the right age for a mid lifer. Before attempting something like Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)* he’ll need to seek medical help first. 

Imagine at 39, still living with and supported by your parents, can’t hold a job or love interest and thinking you’re mentally superior to even the geniuses of the world. Nick may very well be the poster boy for mental health representing the before treatment side. Drug use isn’t helping, just compounding. It’s truly a sad case in my estimation. Me being right or wrong about him isn’t going to change anything for the better, just hope he understands he’s not alone and not the first to experience the feelings. If he can do that then perhaps there’s a chance to turn his life around. 

Do you think an open discussion forum really helps Nick or people like him? All of a sudden instead of boasting to a family member about your knowledge of a subject, you can now speak/preach to a world which isn’t exactly shy about pointing out mistakes you never thought possible. Best maybe to STFU and seek professional assistance.

* Snake oil or real thing, I couldn’t say.
Ostronomos Offline
I couldn't care less about what haters have to say. I am truly one of the highest geniuses in history while enhanced. You lesser mortals have never been more wrong.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jul 31, 2021 02:22 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: I couldn't care less about what haters have to say. I am truly one of the highest geniuses in history while enhanced. You lesser mortals have never been more wrong.

This is a weird way of acknowledging a problem. Not convincing anyone you really believe what you’re suggesting. Recognition is first step, take another.
Syne Offline
Yeah, a real genius would readily recognize the very simple fact that they are convincing no one. We know this, but poor Nick is too busy trying to convince himself and seek external validation to be self-reflective enough to see it.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jul 31, 2021 06:36 PM)Syne Wrote: Yeah, a real genius would readily recognize the very simple fact that they are convincing no one. We know this, but poor Nick is too busy trying to convince himself and seek external validation to be self-reflective enough to see it.

I realize we’re all disembodied keyboard punchers here and we really don’t know everyone personally nor have we had interpersonal or physical contact so it’s difficult to get a true indication of a person’s well being. I’m talking mental health, we just don’t have all the factors to make a proper judgement, even for Nicholas. However if we did know more than just what we read here then I’d say Nick might be a candidate for the following....

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental...lex#causes 

I’m thinking it’s much easier for a person with an inferiority complex to act superior on an anonymous platform such as this forum.
Syne Offline
We can only judge what we see, and we never see everything, even in real life. But when what see are only defensive proclamations of a person's own worth, it doesn't take Sherlock to sort out the broad strokes. A superiority complex is just a defensive symptom of an inferiority complex. When people feel especially lacking in some respect that makes them insecure, they very often announce it quite loudly. Those who regularly tout their honesty, intelligence, etc. usually aren't.
Ostronomos Offline
Bull. I am the highest genius in History while high and you're just too blind to realize.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you convinced that I am the Great Genius and are willing to pay for my schooling? Ostronomos 16 594 Aug 9, 2021 05:52 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos