Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(UK) Book calling for killing of LGBTs found in Muslim school + EU hijab ban + Canada

C C Offline
What Canada and the Catholic Church have done to First Nations peoples can never be buried again
https://gal-dem.com/canada-indigenous-in...al-school/

INTRO: The exposure of mass graves at residential schools in Canada confirm what Indigenous Nations have been saying for decades... (MORE)

(UK) Book calling for gay people to be killed discovered in Yorkshire school library
https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/book-...ary/25440/

EXCERPTS: A Muslim faith school in Yorkshire has been found to have “undermined” British values, according to an Ofsted report after it found a book in the school’s library advocating for LGBTQ people to be “put to death”.

The Islamic Institute of Education in Dewsbury was found to have officially stamped the book, Islam on Homosexuality, thereby allowing it to remain in the library in the inspection in May. The school was rated “inadequate”, which is the worst grade a school can get from the education watchdog.

[...] The report says the book includes “the participants of the homosexual act should be slained [sic] whether they are married or unmarried because in filth and mischief of this act surpasses adultery.” Another paragraph entitled ‘putting to death’ states “the evildoers should be put to death”.

Ofsted said they found a “difference of opinion” between leaders in the school, with the headteacher being, “clear that this book should not be in the school library”, while others argued the book was there for “research purposes”.

On the book, Ofsted also said “By permitting this book to be freely accessible to pupils, leaders are failing to promote respect and tolerance for others, a fundamental British value.” (MORE - details)

(UK) Boris Johnson urged to speak out against EU hijab ban
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/202107...hijab-ban/

INTRO: A prominent British parliamentary group on Monday urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to speak out against the recent EU court ruling that has placed a ban on Muslim women wearing the hijab, or headscarf, at workplace, Anadolu Agency reports.

In a letter to the prime minister, the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on British Muslims denounced the ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ), arguing that the judgement not only affects Muslims but people of other faiths as well, and that the headscarf is not just a religious symbol but a fundamental part of their identity... (MORE)
Zinjanthropos Offline
Residential school graves are a touchy subject in Canada. One side is blaming church and the govt with the other wondering where were the parents. I realize it was a different time and in no way do I condone murder and sex crimes against kids. I also couldn’t tell you how these people died, could have been disease for all I know. The most common theme mentioned here is what role did the Catholic Church play? The church’s history seems to indicate they’re untrustworthy..

I would think that if you went back in man’s history the world over, the conquered people from many lands were subject to atrocity from their new overlords. What got many folks here rankled was the native tribes asking for money right away. It’s just assumed it’s the fault of the white ancestors of this country, so buck up. For all I know the intentions were good but too much trust was put into the Catholic Church to handle things back then. IDK.

Not going to write a filibuster on this even though I have thought about how it relates to people everywhere. Humanity seems to follow a familiar pattern when engaging in territorial disputes/war. Aboriginals had a history long before white folks showed up and I don’t think it would be right to paint all of them with the innocent peace loving brush. I’m sure they had their share of disputes, captured, enslaved, raped and pillaged one another but just didn’t write it down. Can’t go back, we’re evolving, just hope it’s for the better.

LGBT topic: Have to admit, the Muslims don’t pussyfoot around or hide intentions. What’s the difference between a Catholic residential school and a Muslim library? The only thing I can think of is that one has an instruction manual that isn’t a Bible. Stand to be corrected on that, Final Solutions et al. People actually think they’re doing good with these two religions?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Who started calling school burial sites mass graves? (church vandalization in Canada) C C 1 88 Sep 6, 2023 09:36 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Did Mary have agency (book review) + Techno-slavery (screed) C C 0 54 Jan 30, 2023 08:19 PM
Last Post: C C
  Why Twitter won’t ban its strongest anti-Semite + Churches, pro-life centers attacked C C 1 105 Jun 11, 2022 09:30 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  China and traditional leftism triumph over Muslim "radicals" C C 0 87 May 28, 2022 12:02 AM
  In the world's largest democracy, 'looking Muslim' could cost your life C C 0 63 May 21, 2022 07:18 PM
  Hijab + Praying for Putin's demise + What do Nation of Islam & Marjorie Taylor Greene C C 0 64 Mar 11, 2022 07:00 PM
  US religious groups have history of resettling refugees + Muslim conversion + Sharia C C 2 109 Aug 27, 2021 01:13 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Vaxx hesitancy decline + Stabbed preacher update + Ban harmed Muslim American health C C 0 96 Jul 30, 2021 07:36 PM
  Macron gives French Muslim leaders 15 days to 'admit' Islam is 'apolitical religion' C C 8 475 Nov 23, 2020 05:08 PM
  How Nazi persecuted Jews beat Typhus + Muslim charity boss quits after Jewish slurs C C 1 147 Jul 25, 2020 08:18 PM