Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is There Something Wrong With This?

Zinjanthropos Offline
Headline: Harry Potter" Star Jessie Cave Said She Was "Treated Like A Different Species" After Gaining Weight Before Shooting The "Deathly Hallows" Movies.

I’ve never watched Harry Potter and never heard of this actress but it would seem to me that part of maintaining a certain role might require a little physical fitness. Imagine a pro sports event played by millionaire athletes with huge beer bellies. I guess if the contract says you have to be in shape to play then that must be against some human right today, or maybe it’s just overblown entitlement, idk. An actor or athlete who comes to work out of shape shouldn’t be playing certain roles despite their popularity.

Hollywood has a certain image to maintain, forged over decades. They’ve cultivated a formula for success and it works for studios and actors. I hope she gets over the shunning, poor little thing. I have little sympathy however.
C C Offline
Well, at least JC hasn't requested that her Wikipedia page avoid gender-referencing pronouns yet, like Dominique Provost-Chalkley and other pretentiously pious entertainers that opportunistically identify with Woke gospel trends. (The extra career attention it garners them by either appropriating the orientations slash ethnicities of or singing hymns to "oppressed" population groups.)

I.e., she apparently does still want to be recognized as part of the baseline, pre-transhuman species.

Weight or obesity is an area that Woke is probably still struggling with due to the health connection and the need to be a paternalistic preacher to its hapless congregation. If leftangelicalism would just drop the relevance of biology and medical status with respect to the issue, like it has other areas -- then Hollywood could perhaps adjust its standards in reverent response.
Yazata Offline
(Jul 5, 2021 12:31 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Headline: Harry Potter" Star Jessie Cave Said She Was "Treated Like A Different Species" After Gaining Weight Before Shooting The "Deathly Hallows" Movies.

I’ve never watched Harry Potter and never heard of this actress

It happens that the Sci-Fi channel is running a 4th of July Harry Potter marathon, showing all the movies. I'd seen most of them before, but rewatching them is well worth the time. They are actually pretty good. Surprisingly subtle plots and lots of detail that you miss the first time.

I'd never heard of the actress either, but with the help of Wikipedia think that Jessie Cave's character was a nonexistent or minor character in the earlier movies, but in the later ones where Harry and his friends are adolescents, played a Hogwarts school-girl that kept throwing herself at Harry's friend Ron, trying to be his girlfriend. Ron dallied with her a bit in hopes of making Hermione (who he really had eyes for) jealous and demonstrating (to himself as much as anyone) that he was attractive to women.

So the role required the actress to play the role of a little high-school hottie with obvious sex appeal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pythagoras was wrong: there are no universal musical harmonies, study finds C C 0 12 Feb 29, 2024 05:38 AM
Last Post: C C