Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UFOs could threaten US security, pols say after Capitol Hill briefing + ‘Oumuamua

C C Offline
UFOs could threaten US security, pols say after Capitol Hill briefing
https://nypost.com/2021/06/16/ufos-could...-briefing/

EXCERPT: Just in time for Independence Day. Capitol Hill lawmakers said Wednesday that UFOs could pose a pressing threat to America’s national security, as the pols emerged from a highly classified briefing with Navy and FBI officials on the unexplained phenomena.

Ahead of the release of a highly anticipated Pentagon report on unidentified flying objects before month’s end, members of the House Intelligence Committee received a hush-hush sneak preview inside a SCIF, or “sensitive compartmented information facility.”

[...] some did voice concerns that the UFOs — which may be espionage assets controlled by America’s foreign adversaries, in a possible explanation just slightly less terrifying than the vanguard of an alien invasion — could pose a danger to national security.

[...] Added Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.), “You know it’s always about our safety and security — our national security is [priority] number one — and so that’s really the area where we really focused on this morning.”

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the committee chairman, implied that the briefing was eye-opening, but also declined to get into specifics ahead of the release of a public report. “It was an interesting briefing,” he said. “I did learn things that were certainly new to me. But I think I’m going to leave it at that.”

Rep. Andre Carson (D-Ind.), who has been heading efforts on the UFO inquiry, said Americans should expect an eventual public hearing on the report’s findings. “We’re looking forward to having a public hearing at some point,” he said. “I mean, there’s some national security concerns that we want to take into consideration.”

Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) said that, if anything, the landmark report shows that UFOs are finally being taken seriously. “The stigma is gone,” he said. “Now that’s as big a change in policy as I’ve witnessed about this issue in my lifetime. So the fact that they are taking this sort of thing seriously for the first time, I think, is important.” (MORE - details)

‘Oumuamua’s Star Trek: Potential Origin in a Giant Molecular Cloud?
https://astrobites.org/2021/06/16/oumuam...ud-theory/

INTRO: Ever since it was first observed in October 2017, the interstellar interloper ‘Oumuamua has sparked numerous debates in both the astronomical community and in the eyes of the public: on its nature and composition, on where it came from, and possibly most importantly, on whether it had a natural origin. Although a majority of researchers agree that ‘Oumuamua is most likely not an alien artifact, the question of its origin remains one of the biggest mysteries and hotly discussed topics in astrophysics today. The issue was made even more compelling by the discovery in August 2019 of a second interstellar visitor, comet 2I/Borisov, and astronomers have been grappling with a number of questions since then:
  • How many freely orbiting interstellar objects are there?
  • Where did ‘Oumuamua and Borisov originate?
  • Could we predict the arrival of future interstellar interlopers?
The authors of today’s paper focus on ‘Oumuamua, and investigate the hypothesis that it might have originated in a nearby Giant Molecular Cloud (GMC). GMCs are the sites of star formation in galaxies as the birthplace of star clusters or stellar associations. To test the GMC-origin theory for ‘Oumuamua, the authors compare its orbital dynamics to that of known stellar associations... (MORE)

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/QTromGe_WHM
Syne Offline
Why is it only Democrats fearmongering about UFOs? I mean, it is their M.O., but Republicans are usually more on top of national security concerns. This would lead me to think that these Dems are playing for the cameras/journalists.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Holding Trump accountable will not threaten American democracy C C 0 58 Jul 31, 2023 11:54 PM
Last Post: C C
  New rightwing false flag theory of capitol insurrection Magical Realist 1 121 Jun 17, 2021 10:30 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Capitol breach in perspective Syne 7 277 Jan 12, 2021 05:23 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Brexit deals threaten UK standards via harmful chemicals in food & environment C C 0 123 Jun 21, 2020 03:24 AM
Last Post: C C