Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"A lot of people are in lala land about how food gets to their plate."

C C Offline
Vanessa Blank - Wild Woman Bushcraft installments

(5 days ago) Your reactions to the last video and my decision about it
https://youtu.be/pOtMIdVy2sg

EXCERPTS: I want my animals to have the best life they can have here at my farm. So when I have to kill them someday I know they had ... fresh air the whole day, they had sun, they can walk around like they want, and they have good food. So they live the best life as they can; but it is on a farm and the animals are not here only that I can cuddle them. They are here because I want to have something from them. [...] Not all of these comments under the last video were friendly. Some people are really very radical and wrote bad things to me,  like "I thought you love your animals and then you kill them". I don't want to have any hate speak at my channel... (MORE - the video)

COMMENT (submitted by a viewer): "A lot of people are in lala land about how food gets to their plate. Ignore these people Vanessa, their brains are not in reality."

- - - Below: the earlier video discussed above - - - -

EXCERPTS: After many weeks of deliberation, I decided to take a drastic step. Some things will soon change fundamentally because I have no other choice. [...] There is only one way how I can make it and that means that I had to sell animals or I had to bring them to the slaughterhouse.

(6 days ago) Radical change at the [quasi-] self-sufficient farm - It can't go on like this

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/FMav1ioI4hE
Syne Offline
Saw a video recently of a guy on his farm. He had two cows, named Ribeye and Brisket.
I grew up knowing that we'd eventually be eating the cows on my grandma's farm...even the ones born, raised, and bottle fed there. When they were matured, she'd have a guy come out, shoot them in the head, and haul them off for butchering. When I was about 10, I asked for the horns of a bull she was having slaughtered. She brought me a black garbage bag. Inside were the horns....attached to a complete cross-section of the bull's skull, brain and all. My dog ended up chewing on it until the larger neighbor dog stole it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Siberian hermit Agafya Lyova gets new house, solar panel to charge phone C C 0 51 Dec 10, 2021 03:33 AM
Last Post: C C
  Ravens stealing groceries of Anchorage shoppers in parking lot (corvine survivalism) C C 2 190 Mar 29, 2021 04:55 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos