Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Big Lie (Mein Kampf

confused2 Offline
Recently in wider society I observed a new behaviour - being of an enquiring mind I cast about to find out whether it was new and if not new then where has it been used in the past.

big lie (Germangroße Lüge) is a propaganda technique.

What follows is pretty much a quote from Mein Kampf and is (not uncoincidentally) one psychological profile of Hitler. 

From Wikipedia:
Quote:..never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie )

As this is obviously a dig at Trump I have to add that I don't mean to suggest his motives are anything other than good. What history does suggest is that Trump is on a shit or bust path and he is unlikely to be a graceful loser either now or at any time in the future.
Syne Offline
Fuck off, twat!
C C Offline
(Dec 19, 2020 02:29 AM)confused2 Wrote: ...never admit a fault or wrong...

Hmm... I'm pretty sure he never read it, though. 

After denying for 14 years that he had bet on baseball, Pete Rose admits in a new book that he did
https://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/06/sport...-team.html
confused2 Offline
CC Wrote:Hmm... I'm pretty sure he never read it, though.
If he had read it he might better understand why he is being stonewalled by people who have almost certainly read it.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:..never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

That description fits Trump to a T. If Trump wasn't aware of it, it might just be a case of devious minds thinking alike.
Syne Offline
What leftist morons don't understand is that the lack of cooling off is only due to their own hysterically panicked reactions. There is no legit admitting to fabricated and fictitious wrongs. It is pure projection for the left to believe Trump doesn't see some good in Democrats, as he literally said "there are some very good people on both sides". He's proven more willing to work across the aisle than Dems. He's been tough on Russia, China, Iran, etc., so plenty of concentration to go around. And leftist media are the only ones pushing big lies.

This comparison is nothing more than authoritarian leftists projecting their own desire for control onto Trump.
confused2 Offline
Addressing some of the points either made or implied earlier..
Trump clearly isn't a genocidal warmonger (thanks MR) so any comparison with Hitler would be absurd.
Trump's claim to have won the 2020 election would seem to be based on genuine belief rather than any attempt at propaganda - in which case 'The Big Lie' of the OP looks increasingly inappropriate.